It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I didn't find the video that shocking. However, if this man is willing to do this with the camera rolling, the question becomes how far does he go with the cameras off. There is always the potential that the children will have so much fear that they will learn not to question or upset adults in authority for any reason at all. Even when the adults are acting inappropriately or are pedophiles.

The pain will fade. I personally think the teachers who emotionally and verbally abuse students because they can't hit them have much more damaging and lasting effects than physical punishment.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by HisMajesty
reply to post by MrWendal

Finally someone who understands. Its about respect. they are confusing trauma with mental strength thats what it is.
They treat them like pets if they do good you give them a treat if they do bad you go outside. Its just a small smack to wake you up, pay attention. its not a full strength punch in the face. They are soft indeed. maybe they should visit other countries and live with different cultures then they could understand a little better.

AND FOR ALL THOSE that are afraid of spanking your children atleast atleast get them to do exercise and chores.Dont just sit around and say "you are not going to the park!, oh sweety im sorry heres some ice cream" because one day your son/daughter is going to slap you.

IF you really wanna punish your children without hitting them, Get them to do push ups and situps until they are exhausted. youll see its the worse punishment you can get TO exhaust you until you can barely breath by working and exercising.

You are an idiot. You just endorsed treating human children like animals. This isn't confusing mental strength with trauma, this is causing trauma because of lack of mental strength.

Children don't know any better. Beating them doesn't educate them, it scares them into not doing what they did again, in fear of being beat... instead of teaching them why it was wrong to begin with.

So, following that logic, you can never stop beating children. For the moment you do, they will be an undisciplined population. Doing all sorts of wrong, thinking there is nothing wrong with it, because they were never taught why it's bad.

What he was doing, is not equivalent to spanking your kids, and no... if you watch the video all the way through, not all the kids get hit lightly.

The last one, was crying before she got hit, he hit her hard, on her head, the back of her neck, her stomach, her wrists, and her lower back. All the while, jerking her head around by her pony tail, the more she resisted, the more she was beaten, till she stopped resisting, then he beat her once more and let her go.

There is no excuse for this. He was beating them for no reason too, I might add. He was pretending to read their papers... but he was just flipping through them, looking for a reason to hit the kids hard.

The ones that didn't resist got a lesser wack. The ones that didn't want to be hit, got beat. Furthermore, this isn't their parent, this is some P.O.S. school teacher.

Also, you don't need to spank your kids... ever. This doesn't mean you will have whiny or uncontrolled kids.... nor does it mean they will beat you back later. Punishments are about symbolizing WHY what they did was wrong.... not, You did such and Such, so you can't go X Place. That doesn't teach the kid anything, other than you don't like what they do. It doesn't teach them about the social interaction that they somehow have gotten wrong.

An acceptable punishment should be tailored to the offense. If your kid beat some one up, then showing him extreme cases of wounded victims, and showing him how he could potential end up one of them suffices. Beating him, or telling him no candy doesn't work. It doesn't show the negative affects of the actions commited.

You are not fit to be a parent.

Are you some sort of shill? you just made up your own story, how do you know he was pretending to look at the books? how complicated to imagine it would be to see if a 4th grader finished his/homework.

My mother spanked the hell out of me till i was about 10 then i didn;t need it anymore, and i might add i have NEVER struck anyone in anger nor do i think it is ok.

What don't children know? when they are doing something wrong? of coarse they do dont be naive, if he didn't do that they probably would have laughed about how they didn't have to do it. Those kids parents should have been hauled in there to watch so that maybe they would do better job teaching their kids responsibility.

Uh, no shill.... I watched the damn video. Looked at him flip through about 5 pages without ever stopping to read, just flipping back and forth eyes on the child.

Sorry you missed that, but me -- I'm observant.

Oh yeah, I'm sure that guys whole class of kids all acted out in a manner that was wrong. He didn't just beat one kid, he beat about 6 on video...

Also, how do you know what a kid knows and doesn't know?

How is a kid to know, stealing from his friend is wrong... because mommy said so? No, a child is simply incapable of seeing the Macro reasons for the rules we have. Theoretically there is nothing wrong with stealing your friends power rangers sword. It doesn't hurt anyone... Why would a child of say 6 years old understand the intricacies of the reasons why he shouldn't steal?

The bottom line is, it's so simple to you that you shouldn't steal.. because you have a life full of experience that tells you why it's wrong. A 6 year old child has barely 3 years of being cognitive... and has virtually NO experiences to pull from. Assuming a 6 year old kid KNOWS why something is wrong is a bit naive. They only know it's wrong because MOMMY SAID SO.

And yeah, If I was spanked up till 10, and it stopped... I wouldn't have needed to strike anyone. But I wasn't. I was being struck up till I was 17. Punched in the mouth. Hit in the hand with a switch, which actually broke my Metacarpal Bone in my hand.... I used the same hand to strike him back, at 17... which then broke his cheek bone. He broke my hand, I used my broken hand to break his face. It stopped. Was I wrong? No, me and my dad get along GREAT now. My dad gets along AWESOMELY with my 8 yearold little brother. Why? Because he has a scar on his face that he has to see every morning... that came from an incident that proved to him that he was wrong for doing what he was doing.

Am I proud of it? No. Did I learn from it. Yes, a lot more than you... and this is exactly what I'm talking about. Right and Wrong are a perception based on experience.

To me, Right is anything that Build. Wrong is anything that destroys. Violence destroys, Teaching Builds.

Good = Right = Building. Evil = Destruction = Violence.

Expect a 6 year old to know that... when most adults don't even....

You're a hero among men.

Oh and, I suppose you know that the kids really did something wrong? Then, do tell -- what is it that those kids did that deserved the beating, that their parents should come down to the school to watch....

You weren't beat. You were spanked. I was beat, not spanked. I have experience and understand why it was wrong. Your parents understood it was wrong, and didn't breat you, just spanked you. Go ask your mom why she didn't beat you. Matter of fact, show her your post. Bet she'll get mad enough to want to beat you now, as you missed the point in everything not beating stands for.

Why? Because you never learned. Proving my point.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
A teacher at an Egyptian preparatory school beat one of his students to death for not doing his homework, according to press reports.

"Luxury!"

I can't wait to see how those that support this teacher try and top that kind of abuse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This man is obviously being outright absurd , if your job is to TEACH and your students are not doing well , I believe that is indicative of how poorly you are reaching your students and/or teaching methods. To punish students for failure to learn at such a small age is truly undermining the goal of your job. Psychologically (especially at such a young age) , kids should associate learning with a positive, not negative emotions. Learning should be something kids WANT and are eager to do. In saying that , kids need to respect authority , and in a situation where a kid is unruly , disruptive beyond being able to reason , I don't see anything wrong with a smack or a spanking with what you all remember; the good wooden paddle with the hole in it.
However , clearly this was not in anyway , shape or form meant to be constructive discipline . This is uncalled for taunting of little kids with the additional mockery and humiliation of the laughing adults in the background. I'd beat his arse like many of you as well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Haven't read all the posts but I'm old enough to be among those who got caned at school and belted by my dad. Though I think a good smack is okay, I am against this kind of belting. It really screwed me up a lot and noticed this as I got older.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

i'm only 32, and i remember being paddled or "rulered" for only 1 of 2 things...and they were:
1) being a cut up in class, thereby disrupting the class.....
2) getting something easily explained WRONG.

and those were only 2 times it ever happened. and for example #1, my parents whooped my ass again at home!
for example # 2, i PAID ATTENTION IN CLASS!
good old midwest "old school" education system.....ahhhh!

but i heard it's tougher in china/japan.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

That Monty Python sketch was hilarious.....I catch myself doing the same with my kids sometime.
"Luxury" indeed!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
reply to post by gabby2011

There is a fine line between fear and respect.

Much like another poster said, I received worse treatment from my own Mother. Yeah, maybe I did not respect her when I was 15-16 years old. I sure as hell respect my Mother now and at times I feel bad that she had to put up with an ass like me. The women deserves a medal!

I also had a teacher in school who kicked the crap out of me a few times and I deserved it. Guess what? I have more respect for that man as a teacher cause he cared enough to break his foot off in my ass when I needed it most.

I really think those who are truly upset by this are quite frankly...soft, and society has a whole as become very soft. It is my opinion that all this feel good nonsense is the reason we have such disrespectful teenagers who would steal money from a Girl Scout and think it is ok.

As far as I am concerned, as a teacher, a parent, whatever... if your kids hate you, your probably doing your job. It is not a popularity contest. It is time to stop worrying about being a childs friend.
edit on 27-5-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

My kid hated me at times, but it was because I didn't cave to what he wanted, not because I beat him. I didn't try to be my kid's friend ,but he's an adult now, and I love the person he's become,and I consider him to be a friend.

As far as saying if you're students don't hate you..you're not doing your job?? pffft..I worked in the education system,and it was the teachers who had a passion for teaching,and a willingness to understand what children were struggling with that were respected, and remebered later on in a childs life. The ones that were mean,and not liked..were still considered mean.and unlikable many years later. I might add not just by the students they affected ,but by the other teachers who had no respect fo them as well.

Not sure where you were"brainwashed" , but I'm happy I didn't come from there.

edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Are we debating the act of disciplining kids through physical punishment, or the details here?

If we are talking about the details, then you have to tell us how hard should you be allowed to spank your child (what measurements do you use?). For what reasons should you be allowed to spank your child (give us a detailed list).

Regarding the video, we don't know the true context, so why talk about the details when you don't know the detail of the incident?

We don't know the video's context, we don't know what happened before the disciplinary punishment started. So to jump to conclusions is not right.

It is an assumption that he punished all those kids, without even reading what was in their note-books, as we saw in the video he just skimmed through it, there is two possibility, 1. He already knew what was in those note-books, 2. he just felt like hitting kids that day. If he just hit those kids for no reason, then he has no excuse and he will be fired and will be punished himself.

Unless more details come out, there is no point debating the details.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
Haven't read all the posts but I'm old enough to be among those who got caned at school and belted by my dad. Though I think a good smack is okay, I am against this kind of belting. It really screwed me up a lot and noticed this as I got older.

I gotta ask, why do you propose a smack does anything, but make your child afraid of getting smacked?

Why is a smack okay? What does it actually teach the kid? Nothing, other than -- if I don't do what Daddy says, he's gonna smack me.

If your kid beat some one up, a smack is then okay... IN THAT CONTEXT. And you want to make sure the smack is going to actually hurt too... so he can experience what the other kid experienced. I think there are better ways to do it... but sometimes I suppose if the context presents itself... this is a decent solution.

The only time violence should be employed as a punishment is when violence was the offense. Still, more often than not, there is a much better and more effective way of explaining and showing the kid WHY he did what he did was wrong.

I seriously want a reply, why you think smacking is cool..... because I can't fathom how the kid learns anything other than my parents are gonna smack me.

Again, I was beat. When I got hit, my friends parents would be like... I don't even think you did anything wrong, yet -- my parents were hitting me over something that was considered to be an opinion. Most things your kid does that gets him punished, are opinion issues. Smacking him does nothing other than to say, My parent's have a different opinion and if they find out, I'm gonna get smacked.

What it does, is -- it created a barrier between you and your kids... They will attempt to hide ANYTHING they think you won't like or agree with, which makes parenting and correcting real issued in your childs behaviour... nearly impossible. Those kids will never respect you... They will fear you... and fear commands not, but respect commands openess... and to be open, is to be true.

Again, stating for all those "I said so" parents, a little explanation goes a long way. If you don't want your son going to his friends house because YOU DON'T WANT TO DRIVE... tell him so. Maybe he can find a ride. Don't just say "Because I said so" as that will only cause resentment with your kids.

It also doesn't teach or promote problem solving skills. If your kid can't go to the movies with his friends, he needs to know why. If it's because it's a rated R movie.... tell him. If it's because again, you don't wanna pick him up... TELL HIM. Because he doesn't need to miss out simply because you are lazy, and it also promotes him to figure out a solution to the problem. Not only that, but it promotes openess with your kid. Meaning you will have more intelligence naturally... If there is no reason to hide information from the rents... they won't.

Simple.

I'm not saying that if your kid goes on a tantrum and hits a teacher or something, that you shouldn't punish him. But the punishment cannot be "No video games for 2 weeks." The punishment is not related to the incident and in effect it becomes arbitrary. It also shouldn't be "You're not going to see Thor tonight" either... as once again, that doesn't address the issue.

If your kid hits a teacher, you should do something like.. sit him down, and talk to him... find out what made him hit the teacher. Once you have an Idea, create a punishment that has to do with the reasoning for him doing what he did.

If he says "Because I was mad" the next question should be "Why were you mad, what made you upset?" If he says something like, every one was picking on me.... then I cursed at a kid, and the teacher singled me out, and I hit him. You now have a basis for what happened. Yes, your kid was wrong for hitting the teacher, but also... seperating your kid FROM that teacher is also an important step. New school is a perfect punishment for an action like that. Then have a talk with him about being picked on. Pick on him yourself, and push his buttons in a controlled environment. When he gets mad, calm him down, and explain to him reasons why he shouldn't get mad. Show him some techniques used to manage anger control, and you will be infinitely a better parent than the parent who spanks his kid and removes his video games for 2 weeks and stops him from going to thor.

If you disagree, you are broken.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Lol that's nothing

When I was like 6, my teacher threw me like 15 feet across the classroom.

But my friends and i ended up throwing her in the cesspool (a literal cesspool).

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
LOL you guys think thats abusive? You should see what happens in the Caribbean. Children here loose the ability to sit or walk home from school with temporary belt scars on there backs.
Reasons:
No homework
Not paying attention
Getting something considered EASY wrong
Talking while the teacher is talking
Saying were words like damn and Sh***t out loud
Failing exams
Being disrespectful
Being untidy
Being late
Skipping lessons/school
Weapon Possession
Resting your head on the desk

Its all a part of a child's life here. Of course the presence of amnesty will try to abolish some this. TRY.

edit on 27-5-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

No teacher should be allowed to hit a child...for whatever reason...!!!!!!

Restrain a child? yes..if they are going to harm themselves or others..reasonable restraint is different.

edit on 27-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

i'm only 32, and i remember being paddled or "rulered" for only 1 of 2 things...and they were:
1) being a cut up in class, thereby disrupting the class.....
2) getting something easily explained WRONG.

and those were only 2 times it ever happened. and for example #1, my parents whooped my ass again at home!
for example # 2, i PAID ATTENTION IN CLASS!
good old midwest "old school" education system.....ahhhh!

but i heard it's tougher in china/japan.

I went to junior and high school with Asian immigrant children, yes they made good grades however I noticed the males had nervous eye twitching. Then years later in college I had in my chemistry course one of my former junior high classmates mentioned above and he had not only eye twitching but also the constant movement of his hands. I asked him why he twitched so much and he told me in Vietnam teachers and parents discipline students for mediocre grades which I'm sure makes for a stressful time in school. So looking at that video you uploaded this could very well be what he was talking about when he said harshly.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shikori
LOL you guys think thats abusive? You should see what happens in the Caribbean. Children here loose the ability to sit or walk home from school with temporary belt scars on there backs.
Reasons:
No homework
Not paying attention
Failing exams
Being disrespectful
Being untidy
Being late
Skipping lessons/school
Weapon Possession

Its all a part of a child's life here. Of course the presence of amnesty will try to abolish some this. TRY.

Well things need to change where you are....

And if your saying there is no abuse in that video, because yours is worse.....is like telling a victim of rape , they should consider themselves fortunate for not having been brutally tortured as well.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Reasons:
No homework
Not paying attention
Failing exams
Being disrespectful
Being untidy
Being late
Skipping lessons/school
Weapon Possession

Uh, because none of those offenses are violent, and as such, violence won't teach a kid anything other than I don't want to be hit.

If a kid isn't doing well in school, when he fails and gets held back he will learn so much more than getting beaten.

The parents should also attempt to help their kids NOT fail, but as far as the school is concerned... failing the kid and/or removing him from class to make him do something like, carry garbage to the dumpsters for the whole school is a much better punishment.

A. It promotes responsibility via manual labor.
B. It allows him time to reflect on why he is carrying trash all day, and smelling like garbage.
C. His peers will laugh at him for being the garbage boy, which will force him to not want to be the garbage boy anymore.

Hitting the kid isn't going to fix his grades, it's going to make him want to murder some one....

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Why do you think Caribbean countries like Jamaica have such high murder rates?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Egypt is having huge problems with teachers abusing students. So much so that it has drawn international attention of Human Rights groups.

The teacher, Haitham Nabil Abdel Hamid, 23, was detained by police and confessed to kicking Badr, saying that he only meant to beat Badr for “discipline, but not to kill him.”

Unconfirmed reports claim that a similar case took place in Tanta on Tuesday, when a teacher lashed out at a group of 15 students, allegedly claiming the life of one and leaving seven hospitalized in critical condition.

Daily News Egypt

This is not a minor issue that can be compared with the type of corporal punishment handed out in the US, the type many of you are referring to,

The incident has shed light on the growing problem of corporal punishment in Egyptian schools, where teachers often resort to violence as a means of punishment. According to statistics by the United Nation’s Children’s Fund (UNICEF), an estimated 50 percent of children in Upper Egypt and 70 percent of children in urban areas are subjected to physical discipline in schools.

“Violence in schools is legally prohibited according to a decree issued by the Ministry of Education during the 1990s. However, due to the fact that the ministry is not enforcing this decree, the problem still prevails,” said Gamal Eid, lawyer and executive director of the Arab Network for Human Rights Information.

Daily News Egypt

The established laws in Egypt are not being enforced and there is a growing problem. This isn't just punishment that results in a simple paddling. If that is all it was there would probably not even be an issue.

“Violence in schools is an endemic problem in Egypt despite the Ministry of Education’s decree prohibiting it,” said Hossam Bahgat, chairman of the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights.
The majority are calling on the government to take serious action against corporal punishment in schools, which is a violation to child and human rights. “There needs to be effective legal measures taken to completely end this problem,” said Bahgat.

Daily News Egypt

If this is the type of punishment given to 6-7 year olds, imagine how much more severe it would be for older students. I think you can see now that what is happening there is not on par with what most of you faced in school, even if your an old timer like me.

edit on 5/28/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Reasons:
No homework
Not paying attention
Failing exams
Being disrespectful
Being untidy
Being late
Skipping lessons/school
Weapon Possession

Well things need to change where you are....

And if your saying there is no abuse in that video, because yours is worse.....is like telling a victim of rape , they should consider themselves fortunate for not having been brutally murdered as well.

There, fixed it for you.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

Why do you think Caribbean countries like Jamaica have such high murder rates?

Exactly. Sorry, I didn't realize you were agreeing with me. It appeared like you were laughing off this incident because others where you are... are worse.

Yes. Same thing with Japan. Why do you think they have such a high suicide rate? I'll give you a hint, it has nothing to do with honor.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join