It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
When I went to school down in good ol Arky-sas they would beat your bare ass with a wood paddle with holes in it. Luckily we moved out to Kommiefornia in 3rd grade so yeah, no spankings by teachers out here.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

yeah I they have oil.....and I think your right, soon we will be there too......

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I can't believe the mentality of some people in this thread.

As an adult, would you be perfectly okay with your employer coming up to you and beating you over the head with a stick if you didn't get your report in on time ?

No ?

Would it humiliate you ? Degrade you ? Be disrespectful towards you ? Anger you ?

Then why is it okay to do so to miniature people ?

I never once laid a hand on my child in all my years as a parent. When she did wrong and/or made a mistake, I would sit her down and discuss with her why the poor behaviour... right from the time she was old enough to talk. And we would talk it out, tete a tete, like rational human beings with my allowing her to voice her opinion and thoughts on the situation (no matter how childlike they were). From there we would discuss what an appropriate punishment would be with her having the understanding that all behaviour has its repercussions in life (ie punishment).

By the time she hit her teens, the base foundation was laid for her to use her brain and think before action, based on that earlier learned knowledge engrained in her. She ended up to be a well behaved teenager, go figure.

She's now a happy well adjusted adult who possesses empathy for others and a sense of fairness and balance for all human beings with an inherent right to have their voices be heard and respected.

I came from a home that used wooden spoons, leather belts, brooms, etc as a means of communication... and I vowed to break the cycle and never do that to my own children when the time came.

Bad children are simply a product of bad adult influences (parents, teachers, etc)... they mirror the behaviour they witness. And quite frankly, the poor behaviour is the adult (in this case the teacher) who possesses a lack of patience, tolerance, and understanding... not the children. We're supposed to be the logical rational thinking mature adults, not the kids. The onus of appropriate behaviour and setting the correct example falls on our shoulders, not theirs.

This so-called adult has an underdeveloped mentality which disables him to utilize cranial function before physical response. Aka: hit first, ask questions later. History proves this crap doesn't work.

This son of a b**** is breeding a new generation of a dysfunctional vicious cycle.

/rant

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Because the shoes I changed into were for sport only, and weren't part of the School Uniform, hence why I got into trouble for it.

The way I see it, some people NEED to be disciplined. It's the only way they will learn. If you keep making excuses for them, it sets a bad example, because they think that even when they do bad stuff, there will be no repercussions for it.

As I said in my post, NO child should be abused, because I can tell you now, I have seen what abuse to kids does to them first hand. Speak to my ex-fiancee, and ask her if she liked being abused. She still has psychological trauma in the form of PTSD and Depression, even though it happened 15 years ago.

There is a difference between being abused, and being disciplined. A BIG difference. But making excuses for someone when they have done something wrong just exascerbates the problem. That and the simple fact that with some people, corporal punishment just might harden them up a little.

That's the problem these days, people don't want to deal with problems, just move along as thought nothing is wrong, and if left alone, the problem will go away......

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Good for your daughter. Unfortunately, that doesn't work on some people. Try that with someone that has an attitude problem, and they will probably laugh at you and walk off. Tell that to the kids that killed James Boulger (spelling?). I'm sure if they had been sat down after killing a poor child, they would say "yeah, you're right, I did wrong. Can I go now???"

Some people you just can't get it into their heads about right and wrong by just talking to them, and need to be shown there are repercussions for their actions.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
reply to post by CranialSponge

Good for your daughter. Unfortunately, that doesn't work on some people. Try that with someone that has an attitude problem, and they will probably laugh at you and walk off. Tell that to the kids that killed James Boulger (spelling?). I'm sure if they had been sat down after killing a poor child, they would say "yeah, you're right, I did wrong. Can I go now???"

Some people you just can't get it into their heads about right and wrong by just talking to them, and need to be shown there are repercussions for their actions.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

If your child has an "attitude" problem, you need to take a good long look in the mirror.

Children are a product of their environment.

As for the kids that killed that little boy... society needs to take a good long look at the parents and every other adult/older influence in their lives, as well as the environment around them. It doesn't excuse their horrific crime which obviously requires the fitting punishment like all actions in life do... But it would at least give a better understanding into what influenced their inhumane mentality to develop the way it did.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I got beaten up really bad by a "teacher" one day when I was about their age too. To be honest I was expecting to see something more violent but that doesn't mean this is not wrong.Even more he reasoning is pretty pathetic.Anyways, this is something usuall and accepted in most countries I think.It's not just Egypt...He's very soft though.One of the kids is actually laughing
I'm pretty sure that almost all parents are more violent when it comes to their kids punishment. It's just irritating to see someone else punish your kid

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If it's not acceptable to beat your workers when they screw up then it is not acceptable to beat a child, whos brain is not fully developed, when they screw up.

Imagine you make a mistake at work and your boss pulls out a ruler and tells you hold your hand out. Would you stand for that? No you wouldn't. The only difference between doing it to an adult and doing it to a child is that a child cannot possibly fight back.

Bullies pick on those who can't defend themselves and that's exactly what this baldy piece of crap is.

Study after study proves that this kind of discipline is not only harmful it's actually counter productive so the arguement that "Well my parents hit me when I was a kid" is a pathetic copout.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
What is wrong with physical punishment as a disciplinary process?

Isn't that the solution to the teenage problem? Now a days anything teenagers do wrong, they say ohh he's just a teen (why? because it is so normal), the same teens weren't disciplined when they were kids, therefore causing them to do what ever they want, but since they are young, the law can't be harsh on them, so they keep doing crime and still get no punishment, until they reach a point of no return.

It isn't that they weren't hit as children that causes them to act out, actually I think it could be argued that those that act out violently most likely were hit. I was hit as a kid by my father, and the only thing it taught me was how difficult it is to overcome anger issues later in life.

The most likely reason that a lot of adolescents act out is because no one ever took a vested interest in them when they were younger. They didn't have a positive influence in their life that supported them and expected great things of them. Their parents are totally oblivious as to what's happening in their lives, and essentially once they're old enough to be left alone they're expected to raise themselves without any kind of structure.

It's not hippy dippy liberal PC BS either (there's gotta be something wrong with those of you out there that want to turn every thread into a partisan debate) you can be firm with your children without "loving" them with your fists.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There seems to be some confusion with the use of the words "Beat/Beating".

A smack on the hand or where ever with a 12 inch ruler is nothing like getting a Beating.

When you get a beating you are being punched heavily, possibly kicked, maybe flogged with a belt or Cord, etc.. not just a few smacks. I know, my Dad is a Viet Nam veteran who lost sight of the difference himself.

I am against Beating children, as any sensible person will be. But please keep this in perspective. What I see in the video.. apart from grabbing the girls by their hair to hold.. is nothing different to what many of us had at similar ages. We grew up and most of us never Beat our kids, yes we smacked them when it was approapriate to.

All those people who say they never smacked their kids for bad behaviour are most likely parents of Malleable Children.. otherwise they must be Saints for how they dealt with Ruthless Children... the kind who do not stop manipulating to get there own way all the time, who do not accept their position as Children, who will break every rule of your household, who will make you grey before your time with the stress they place on you.

Flame me now coz I have my fire retardent suit on

edit on 28-5-2011 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Erm...... What have we become so that this is so shocking? Are we a species of emotional cripples?

He went too far with that little girl, but a ruler to the hand for not doing your homework is fine by me.

I'm a teacher of teenagers and I've never hit a kid, but I don't really need to. I'm a big, bald headed white man and most of them get scared when I just raise my voice or give them the crazy man stare. But some of my colleagues hit the kids regularly. Some of them obviously enjoy it a bit too much and should be out of a job, but for most of them, it's done out of genuine love for the students.

My last boss was a tiny little old lady. She used to hit them on the ass with a three foot cane if they got lippy or messed with her lessons. They 'all' loved her to bits, as all of us teachers did also. she was and is a wonderful woman. If I had kids I would push to get her as their homeroom teacher. Three foot cane or not.

Some kids, and adults will only ever respond to violence. I have no problem with it if it's done for the right reasons and not for sadism.

I was only ever hit once as a kid and I fully deserved it. I'd been bullying a local kid and my dad found out. He punched me hard up the side of the head. I was only about 14 but as I said, it was fully deserved and I never bullied anyone again. I don't understand why some people think that violence is never the answer. They're living in cloud cuckoo land.

The bloke in the vid seems to lose it with that little girl and I'd have him suspended and checked out. If you get to the stage where you get that angry or hate the kids that much then you're in the wrong job. Time for a change of career, or retirement. To arrest him and possibly lock him up is utterly mental. Sorry, that's how I see it.

Enjoy your weekends.

Laze

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

Your father is guilty of assault and so are the teachers who you work with.

And yes violence is sometimes the answer in circumstances of self defence. Not for when kids act up, which is a natural part of their behaviour. If you are not mentally strong enough to control kids without getting physical you should neither be a teacher or a parent.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is so sickening to watch.... Goddammit... I really hope he get a big, and i mean really big consequences for this kind of behaver toward such young children... For my part the should chop of his hands, so he could never lay a hand on a child again... And while their busy doing it, the can also punish the women who just sits and watches en the man who films and laughs...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I don't really see the big problem.. I mean.. The Catholics take their orders directly from God and those nuns beat those kids all the time in catholic schools. Your ticked off about this.. what about those Nuns getting away with this crap for years!!

I say it's time for Justice. I'll go stop those teachers over there and you open fire on all those nuns.. it's o.k... they're going to heaven.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Next time they will listen more and do there homework, they should have studied more instead of being on the video game all day, not doing their chores

'That little flimsy rule'r, loll,>they didnt even shed a tear.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScousePhil

Your father is guilty of assault and so are the teachers who you work with.

And yes violence is sometimes the answer in circumstances of self defence. Not for when kids act up, which is a natural part of their behaviour. If you are not mentally strong enough to control kids without getting physical you should neither be a teacher or a parent.

Nonsense.

First, my father is only guilty of teaching me an important lesson. Bullying really hurts.

Ever worked in a school environment?

Tell me what you would do in the following situation, oh wise mentally strong one:

You're a fifty year old, 5 ft nothing lady. You have a group of boys that disrespect you, never do their homework, throw things around the room and constantly hit and/or abuse the kids that are trying to learn. Zero learning is taking place because of the chaos caused by this small group of boys. You know that if you write to their parents they will just laugh, throw the letter away and not discipline the kid (I've known many of these kind of parents). The school principle is away/busy, or just doesn't care about the daily goings on in the school (I've seen this so many times).
The school has a policy that you are not allowed to send the students out (a common policy in the country I teach in).

I am waiting for your tried and tested solution to this conundrum.

I know what I would do. It would be quick, to the point and remembered well.

Laze

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Take it to the school board and have them expelled.

And report the headmaster for not performing his duties.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I can see people who suffered abuse as kids are still carrying the mental illness it gave them. They rationalize it to survive it.

No, it is not right. Some of the excuses here defy all known logic.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrodude

yes...

Im shocked that some people think this is ok.. bonkers. I have never hit my children (no matter what they do, and they are well behaved, polite, studious kids who never get into trouble) and if anyone else did they would be dealing with me.

The man was holding what looked like a 4 year old girl by the hair and beating her with a ruler... That is NOT OK!

Sad state of affairs for people to try and justify this. I'd happily beat 7 bails of sh!t out of this guy or anyone else who touched my children

e2a: Holly sh!t people what is wrong with you all! Ive just read more of this thread and am really shocked at some of the responses... f*cking sad you people think this is ok. In the uk it's not ok, and in a civilized world it should not be ok. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL! im disgusted
edit on 28-5-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScousePhil

Take it to the school board and have them expelled.

And report the headmaster for not performing his duties.

Expulsion is FAR more damaging than a quick whack with a cane.

Reporting a headmaster is a fast way to lose your job, or create a very powerful enemy.

I've never taught in England, but I'd assume that teachers have a strong union to back them up.

In the vast majority of countries this isn't the case. You have to use whatever means are available to create the best learning environment for the kids that want to learn.

Corporal punishment should be a last resort, but should always be an option.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join