It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main Stream Media (MSM) Hard at Work Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists with Disinformation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wonderful thread!
Hmmm, let me see, MSM.....Dan Rather......conspiracies.....
oh, of course - it all makes sense now!
Not to mention that MSM spent tons of time making sure that McCain
was really born in Panama to two American citizens in the military but,
not a single serious inquiry into where that other guy really came from because,
they were just too busy 'selling' that 'one' to the voters.
Of yeah, I would trust them to tell me what's really going on!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

If you read the full article it does say there are sights out there that review and work searching for the facts and debunking those that they find... Thats kinda us. we review all things we can and seek the truth about them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"Main Stream Media" is terminology that no longer exists.

The majority of America now gets their news from......the interwebs....not the rich guys edited news....who's been begging Obama for a bailout since they are not generating enough revenue to keep operating since they have dwindling customers.

I think the DrudgeReport has more viewers than ABC news, NBC news, and CNN combined.

So the DrudgeReport would technically be called "Main Stream Media". They're generating revenue/larger customer base.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Only the dredge report is just the same as the "MSM". You know, divisive, derogatory and strongly biased. So it shouldn't be some revelation that it could be considered the same as the "MSM". It's just another tendril of the media beast used to manipulate people.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yeah the media loves to pick and choose the looniest conspiracy theories out there that only a small minority of conspiracy theorists subscribe to, and lump us all in that category like we're some idiotic cult that smokes crack and thinks of crazy things.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

take a poll on ats that actually listen to alex jones.

i dont but

now we are "hate groups"

alex jones is making things more dangerous? is he killing people ? no.

everyone does have an agenda including abc news.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I dont know but the way the article was written it sounds like the mainstream news are getting very desperate, if people find out that HARRP did the earthquake, tornadoes, changing the weather pattern frequencies, i think people would riot or even protest thats why such programs like the HARRP are kept classified.

Missouri never had seen such destruction like this a while over a decade, sure Missouri had tornadoes but nothing like this striking down on a major population center.

Its laughably that CNN,ABC and other mainstream news outlets are all blaming the weather on the global climate change its funny they aren't using the term global warming anymore

Oh yes the mainstream news outlets are getting very desperate, thats they are discrediting conspiracy theorists with Disinformation.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Okay, I'm a political scientist (sort of, I'm studying international relations in college right now) and I wouldn't consider myself to be capable of making psychological judgments about other people and what they believe in. The only time I would ever say someone is crazy for believing in something is still believing in the theory or said theories (be it political, conspiratorial, or anything) even after everything about the said theory was proven to be false. That being said, there are quite a few conspiracy theories with a ring of truth to them, and people want to ignore that because they like to think the world is filled with gum-drops and sugarcanes... but it's not all that great when you really think about it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People like Alex Jones want to bring people more to the dark side of the force. Well, I don't mean to say that Alex Jones necessarily works for the new world order. But, Alex Jones may not be a disinfo agent, but, he wants people to listen to the fear and anger in their hearts rather than look for a rational way out of these situations. All he does is just talk and complain a great deal and sometimes because he thinks that he can complain whenever he wants and he's right all the time he has fact-free rants on his programs that are filled with lies and half-truths. The only reason his show has any legitimacy is because an elite aristocracy does exist and they have plans for us... however... AJ does not have a single clue what he is talking about and mostly takes stuff from other people's research. So, in a sense, Alex Jones is making things worse for the rest of us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join