It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main Stream Media (MSM) Hard at Work Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists with Disinformation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Today ABC ran a video scrutinizing conspiracy theorists as a bunch of loons. Instead of explaining to the public that there are many people with critical thinking skills who question what the MSM tells us, they use disinformation to discredit the entire group. Read the article that accompanies the video. ABC uses ridiculous examples of bazaar "conspiracy theories" to discredit all of us that further investigate information presented to us, to determine the truth of the matter. When are the "sheeple" going to wake up to this nonsense presented by the MSM?

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

They will always try to make non conspiracy theorists believe that us conspiracy theorists are crazy. Since we are close to the actual story a lot of the time, the MSM wants everyone to think we are crazy!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

I believe you are correct in your observation. Nat Geo has begun to immortalize 'the lie' by showing programs supporting this hoax. Ask yourself why smart people like Imus, O'Reilly, Dennis Miller, Geraldo etc, won't even whisper a question about that day. Because if they do, they lose their job. It's that simple. The whole game is rigged, and they are writing 'history' as I write this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Maybe someone should explain to them that painting all of us with a broad 'nutcase' brush is in fact a conspiracy theory. Of course, that's just my theory on the conspiracy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well I actually dont believe the three conspiracy theories they name.

HAARP is used to control weather, but it probably did not for the recent tornadoes

I haven't even heard of the Tuscon shooting conpiracy

And Osama Bin Laden has been dead since 2002, if anyone was paying attention. Although I do believe TPTB staged the raid to rile up Pakistan and continue down the path to the next great war.

I honestly believe that more than half of the U.S. population believes there was something more to 9/11 than what we were told.

Either way, this is Corporate damage control, because they know (like we do) more people are waking up everyday.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ontarff
Today ABC ran a video scrutinizing conspiracy theorists as a bunch of loons. Instead of explaining to the public that there are many people with critical thinking skills who question what the MSM tells us, they use disinformation to discredit the entire group. Read the article that accompanies the video. ABC uses ridiculous examples of bazaar "conspiracy theories" to discredit all of us that further investigate information presented to us, to determine the truth of the matter. When are the "sheeple" going to wake up to this nonsense presented by the MSM?

abcnews.go.com...

What an ignorant article. I enjoyed that author did all that he could to not write HAARP in his horrible article. May e he should have called Jesse Ventura since all of us conspiracy theorist are paranoid looney tunes. If anyone can that authors email address please post it

edit on 27-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

Ask yourself why smart people like Imus, O'Reilly, Dennis Miller, Geraldo......

Roflmao, Smart people like Imus? Dennis Miller? Geraldo?! Man, you have some low standards. Smart people.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm so excited to see this! Do you realize that this means we're starting to get attention on a national level?? This should do nothing but light a fire in the hearts of us true "conspiracy theorists." If they are starting to launch a campaign on this level it means that someone higher up is starting to not only notice but feel a change. You only attack when you feel threatened right, and I say that's a good thing! Granted that Alex Jones has an agenda (he states this) I still have to give him props for allowing NIGHTLINE to come on the show. Talk about guts... or he could be in on it and helping discredit us even further (gotta keep the conspiracy juices flowing right? We're all nuts anyway) S&F for sure OP

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Yeah, that's right smart people. People with millions of viewers and millions of listeners, and then there's you. What was your name again?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
but wait, did they not mention that we conspiracy theorists
think 90% of what the MSM says is utter BS ???
I wonder why that one did not make the cut ???
But that would make what they were broadcasting
as being part of our conspiracy theory.
lmao

gotta love the irony

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Main Stream Media (MSM) Hard at Work Discrediting Conspiracy Theorists with Disinformation

Translation : "MSM" gives you a look at the stupidity of most conspiracy theories.

Instead of explaining to the public that there are many people with critical thinking skills who question what the MSM tells

Conspiracy theorists don't ask questions, they make conspiracy theories, which are often quite ridiculous.

they use disinformation to discredit the entire group

Yes, they need to create "disinfo" to make a conspiracy theory seem silly...

When are the "sheeple" going to wake up to this nonsense presented by the MSM?

Ah, another version of a conspiracy theorist "question".

Read the article that accompanies the video..

All of those are conspiracy theories that are present on ATS...

but the result of an obscure military-backed research program in Alaska that shoots radio waves into the upper atmosphere.

HAARP conspiracy theories...

The shooting rampage in Tucson last January that killed six people and wounded 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, was an elaborate government hoax that used actors to portray the victims.

Wasn't on ATS then but was probably a legit topic back then.

...Navy SEALs shot him dead on April 29 was fabricated to improve President Obama's chances of winning re-election.

Again, you haven't seen this on ATS...

Seriously, which conspiracy that they mentioned was a "ridiculous example"?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

I didn't know millions of viewers equals smart. And I didn't know that to qualify as smart you needed millions of viewers. So where's your millions of viewers? And what's your name again? Hmmmm, guess you're not smart either, lol. I think your stuck in some partisan argument that really has nothing to do with this thread. Congrats, your right wing media morons have plenty of viewers. Really "smart" viewers who actually listen to them and fall like good little minions into a red/blue battle. What a joke. I see now why your "smart" standards are so low. [snip] Congrats.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ossminid because: clarification

edit on 30/5/11 by masqua because: Personal attack removed

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I see absolutely nothing wrong with that article at all. Do you want to know the real reason conspiracy theorists are getting so much attention? Some are going too far, that's why. When things like the following excerpt happen it is going way too far.

The New York Times, which first reported the Tucson conspiracy theory, said believers have confronted at least one victim and asked for evidence he had been shot.

When things like contacting a woman in Hawaii about a daughter she lost just days after birth in order to prove the President wasn't born in the US, when the opposite is staring you straight in the face, happen...it has gone too far. People like Alex Jones are leading too many of you around by the nose. So who are the sheeple again?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ontarff

"The phrase conspiracy theory gives a distinct impression to the average person. The JFK assassination, Area 51, Roswell, government cover-ups, Jimmy Hoffa, strange disappearances... These subjects sound a bit too fantasy for the average person. And it's quite understandable- they’re supposed to sound made-up. Throughout the mistranslation of time, and embellishment of these stories, facts were added or omitted. Some may be true, and some may be false. But one thing is for sure. If a global secret needed to remain hidden, yet began emerging among the public, the best cover-up is to embellish or alter the story, until it sounds ludicrous. So what happens when the secret involves the government, and the government has intimate ties to the mainstream media, and this mainstream media has been proven to sway at least 80% of the public’s opinion? The logic is undeniable. Media is put into place, in every form, to make people feel stupid for even keeping an open mind towards conspiracy theories. Movies, books, fairytales, and folklore can all be used as tools to make the average person feel insane for supporting or believing a conspiracy. And why shouldn’t they? Our leaders have no problem telling us not to believe or investigate these theories".

-Esoteric Agenda

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I picked up a daily news paper today, something I haven't done in months, and they had an article about Jeff Loughner as to whether the insanity plea was justifiable. Sounds logical, but the kicker was their "expert" was a political science professor chiming in the idea that

the spree illustrates the need to eliminate the requirement that "seriously disturbed individuals constitute a danger to themselves or to others" before they can be confined to a hospital. Instead, he says "a delusional loss of contact with reality should be enough" to justify involuntary treatment

Taken from the article. The first thing that came to my mind was how is a political scientist qualified to make psychological assessments, and the second thing that came to my mind is how far, if that was ever to be implemented, how before it would be used as an excuse for "loony consiracy theorists"? What, you don't believe the official 9/11 story? Stray jacket him....
edit on 27-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is great news! There has to be a tipping point in this world where most people begin to see through the MSM rubbish and that time is coming soon. The internet is opening peoples eyes each day and the big news organisations don’t like it

Our governments operate like wrestling entertainment where they rig all outcomes and predetermined who wins and who loses. In wrestling most people due to the internet know this happens but still enjoy the show. When obvious mistakes are made the audience calls BS and that is beginning to happen to world governments. People are beginning to see through government lies and deceit and are rebelling because its all getting to obvious.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

When things like contacting a woman in Hawaii about a daughter she lost just days after birth in order to prove the President wasn't born in the US, when the opposite is staring you straight in the face, happen...it has gone too far. People like Alex Jones are leading too many of you around by the nose. So who are the sheeple again?

Haha you'll have to ask that to the horde that actually believe Obama was not born here, or that anything would be different if he wasn't. People like Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura are great, but I prefer a much more subtle, tactile way of going about proving truth.

I hate to say this but when showing someone the truth you have to do it the way TPTB do (because that is what they are used to). You have to spark there interest; dangle the candy in front of them until they understand how to lead themselves. That are how great people like Martin Luther King and Gandhi approached truth.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

OK Einstein, who qualifies as 'smart' besides yourself? The people I mentioned are smart enough to have placed themselves in a position to reach millions of people, and certainly smart enough to know that no plane crashed in Shanksville, no plane crashed at the pentagon and no steel building has EVER collapsed due to fire. If you believe they did, then you leave me no choice but to label you [snip] as well.
edit on 30/5/11 by masqua because: personal attack removed

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah,we are nuts cause we question the reasons why there
has been no reporting on Japan's nuclear disaster.

Oh,I take that back,ABC International reported a story on TEPCO's 1 page tsunami plan today.
abcnews.go.com...

Well,then,that makes up for it,doesn't it.
Just trying to discredit us for trying to expose the truth and make them look bad.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
[snip]
Wow, you make a lot of assumptions. First, how do you know the people you mentioned know that no plane crashed in shanksville? I don't remember hearing Geraldo or O'Reilly mentioning their alternative views. I guess you are psychic? Or maybe, and more likely, you are making even more assumptions about people you clearly idolize. But please, if anyone you mentioned ever publicly expressed a doubt as to the official version of 9/11, provide the links. I would love to see them. But since they don't exist, you won't.

So I guess thats the plan of your media idols? To get into a position where they can reach millions of people....and then tow the party line. Wow, brilliant.

Also, I didn't mention ANYthing about my position regarding the events of September 11th. But you just keep on making an a55 out of yourself with your assumptions.

You seem a little hot headed. Cool down kid.
edit on 27-5-2011 by ossminid because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/5/11 by masqua because: Removed faulty quote

top topics

<<   2 >>

join