It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unknown sea creature photo what is it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What the heck is this ?

Can't really make out the size-but the head is really weird.

Pretty cool!

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk... xzz1NTayiFjG

ALSO- go to phantom and monsters for blow up pf pic.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That's kind of interesting. I wonder what it is? I suppose it could be a basking shark but the head doesn't look like it belongs to a shark. I think it's almost mammal like.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its probably some weird whale.

Though it looks like a hippo to be honest!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

First picture is stevie the special ed dolphin the next picture is of a dog

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My guess would be that it is a pygmy sperm whale.

American Cetacean Society

Looking at the photo where the head is sticking out of the water, it appears to have teeth in the lower jaw, while none appear to be present in the upper jaw. The head is squared off, and the jaw is a match to the pygmy sperm whale also.

edit on 27-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

These small whales may be found alone or in groups of 3-5 animals. They are slow swimmers and they tend to avoid ships, so they are not commonly seen at sea except by cetacean biologists diligently looking for them.

a ferry is by no means a stealthy craft...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I just read the update to the original story in the Liverpool times or whatever... they say it was a Harbor porpoise.
I am not buying that, Harbor porpoises do not have the extremely squared-off snout, they are lighter in color and they have small spade shaped teeth in both upper and lower jaws.

American Cetacean Society_ Harbor Porpoise

I am sticking with the Pygmy Sperm whale.
edit on 27-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Looks like a baby whale to me

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm not seeing any type of "fin" along the back either.

I'm thinking the so called "experts" are guessing to fast...

I think its none of the above so far IMO.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I recognize the creature as an eelopatamus.It is a great new species that has the speed and agility of an eel,mixed with the power and brains of a hippopatamus.This is a sea creature to be reckoned with.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

My money is on butcherguy because that was also my first thought. As for the 2nd, wolf or cross bred wolf.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Looks like a giant eel or some sort.

There are sea snakes and there are eels. Perhaps this one is getting a healthy dose of radiation?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
that looks like a seal to me

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
what about a "swan necked seal" or some unknown or "rare " seal type creature"

pinnipeds? of some kind??

see per cryptomundo here>>>>> www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Both pics in article are cropped so severely as to remove any context of size. The pic of the "head" looks very much like the tail of a diving duck, head underwater to catch a small fish. As for that first pic....could be something man-made even - not enough info available from the altered pics. Would like to see the originals.

As for the wolf story- this quote slays me:

Normally, wolf-plagued communities need only call up the B.C. Conservation Officer Service, which sends in a team to capture or kill the animal. However, after officers examined some grainy video images of the Bowen Island creature, they determined that the animal was an escaped wolf-dog hybrid – and thus out of their jurisdiction.

So this alleged killer animal is prowling a populated area, tearing the throats out of livestock and other domestic animals, missing dogs, cats, etc...children and even adults at risk....but the BC-COS says "Don't look to us, we only handle REAL wolves." ...with their ID of the animal based on some crappy smartphone vid clip?

Oh, btw...the area has heavy restrictions on weapon ownership to boot. The local Vet has bought a $2k tranq gun and is the island's only hope.
Wow, just wow.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm not seeing any type of "fin" along the back either.

No tail sticking out the water either, doesn't mean that it doesn't have one. Another reason that I was leaning toward the pygmy sperm was the comparatively small size of the dorsal fin in that species, making it more difficult to spot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well OP being from Liverpool, England, me and my friends used to go down by the docks every Saturday and this doesn't surprise me. My mate swore he saw a Loch Ness Monster type "thing" there one time and we just ripped into him all day. I'm sure this will be on local news and radio so I'll keep an eye out for it, on a rare occasion you can see dolphins there it's a pretty cool place.

Off topic: There is supposedly "something" i.e. underground base/secret tunnels all sorts under Liverpool. The base is supposed to be under the Mersey Tunnel itself. There's tyre tracks that lead into a wall, and it's not like they are from one vehicle either. So where this "thing" was spotted the "base" would be in that proximity.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
what about a "swan necked seal" or some unknown or "rare " seal type creature"

pinnipeds? of some kind??

see per cryptomundo here>>>>> www.cryptomundo.com...

You JUST reminded me!! There are black birds, I don't know the name sorry that frequent the area and DO dive under water and stay there for sometime. I'll try and find out what the name is or find an image that fits its description.

Edit::THIS is similar, infact it is the bird in question. We used to watch it for ages because it'd go under the water and we'd inhale cigarette smoke and see who could last longer the bird or us.... fun times in Liverpool LOL!!
edit on 27-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree with Kaiuk. My vote also goes for sperm whale. When I saw the pictures, that's what popped into my mind. I was wondering how marine experts cant identify this as a sperm whale. It seems pretty obvious to me. Maybe some day someone will find a real sea monster.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
I agree with Kaiuk. My vote also goes for sperm whale. When I saw the pictures, that's what popped into my mind. I was wondering how marine experts cant identify this as a sperm whale. It seems pretty obvious to me. Maybe some day someone will find a real sea monster.
I have no doubts that there are 'sea monsters' out there.

There have been too many accounts from very reputable sources through the years.... sea captains, military officers, clergymen and more. I remember when I was a child in the 1960's, my mom read a story from a magazine, where some researcher had caught eels that were over 6 feet long in the ocean off the coast of Chile. The thing about it is, the eels were still in their larval stage, the guy said that they would be over fifty feet long if they reached adulthood. They were caught at a great depth, so they did not survive when they reached the surface.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join