It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8: Gadhafi Must Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

G8: Gadhafi Must Go

www.voanews.com

G8 members have called for the resignation of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, while saying they could provide up to $40 billion in aid to Arab nations trying to establish democracies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The G8 Didn't stop at targeting Gadhafi...
The declaration called on the Syrian government to stop using force and intimidation against the Syrian people.

As well as issuing a statement that called on the Israeli and Palestinian governments to abide by existing cooperation agreements...

in other words do what we say and you'll be rewarded in cash... they declined to put into words what would happen if these governments chose not to...

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Which divine power protocol gives the G8 leaders the right to decide the fate of other countries?
they are NOT the police of the world.

If Gadhafi really was attacking his own people, after being their leader for so many years (which I find doubtful) then give aid to those people being attacked, and provide refuge. Don't declare war on them.

When in the history of the world has a sincere humanitarian war been declared?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stygmartyrZA

Oil, oil, oil.. rights to drill for oil, rights to existing oil, contracts for future oil.

Who cares about people..

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

T

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dood it has Nothing to do with the Liberation of Libyan people ....

And Everything to do with not letting Gadhafi start a New currency

Hence the $40billion injection of US dinero

Check Ucdat's thread from a couple days back

Ucdat ATS Thread

edit on 5/27/2011 by spoonbender because: its not all about oil ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stygmartyrZA
Which divine power protocol gives the G8 leaders the right to decide the fate of other countries?
they are NOT the police of the world.

If Gadhafi really was attacking his own people, after being their leader for so many years (which I find doubtful) then give aid to those people being attacked, and provide refuge. Don't declare war on them.

When in the history of the world has a sincere humanitarian war been declared?

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Nope your right
they are Not the Police of the World
but They are the Banks of the World

Do a little research on how they
control the world through monetary means
its highly unsettling
IMF

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Gadhafi goes as Mubarak has and the "democratic vote" leads to radical Muslim heads of state in those countries, we're going to be looking at a massive and frightening new Islamic power structure in the Mediterranean.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just like Lindsay Williams said........throw Saleh to the wolves.

He also said the U.S. will default on it's debt, and that is looking more and more likely as well

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

I really doubt the G8 would inject US dollars..
more than likely it would be the just as ailing Euro...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
If Gadhafi goes as Mubarak has and the "democratic vote" leads to radical Muslim heads of state in those countries, we're going to be looking at a massive and frightening new Islamic power structure in the Mediterranean.

that is exactly what Israel wants.
then they can unleash their nukes
and be done with it once and for all.
And Iran goes down in the process.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by spoonbender

I really doubt the G8 would inject US dollars..

that's what they did in Iraq !!!
to the tune of $20B

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
At least people can now respect George Bush and acknowledge that what he did with Iraq was heroic and liberating!

Seriously, this is like Iraq 2.0 with Obama.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Question is, are G8 members so naive as to believe the 'democratic vote' will automatically instal pro-western regimes or are they fully aware the choices available will be between theocratic or secular governance?

In my view, the 'Arab Spring' has been orchestrated to create the massive and frightening new Islamic power structure you refer to, all the better to create/provide an 'enemy' so that the warmongers, the money-mongers and the depopulationists can have the WW111 they so desperately desire.

If Islam stop in-fighting and find common purpose and create a caliphat they can all agree upon and support, 'western interests' will have the nemesis they seek.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
Question is, are G8 members so naive as to believe the 'democratic vote' will automatically instal pro-western regimes or are they fully aware the choices available will be between theocratic or secular governance?

I personally don't believe there will be any actual choice. Here's the conspiracy part of my brain at work:

I think there will be one election and one only, after the Muslim Brotherhood (or whatever pro-theocratic faction) engages in a massive campaign and voter drive.

If the muslims take both Egypt and Libya, we're looking at a humongous geographical area under Islamic control, including control of the Suez Canal. And we're helping to make it happen under the premise of "humanitarianism".

Was this the reason Hillary called all the ambassadors together a few months back? Dunno, but the power structure of the world is about to change bigtime.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Who the hell is the G8? I don't remember voting for any of them.

There is power in the middle east and it seems to me the middle east and islam has no fear.
edit on 27-5-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I personally don't believe there will be any actual choice. Here's the conspiracy part of my brain at work:

I think there will be one election and one only, after the Muslim Brotherhood (or whatever pro-theocratic faction) engages in a massive campaign and voter drive.

Do you remember banned member 'oozyism'? Last year, he made a Thread entitled 'Islam is the best DEMOCRACY (NOT Western Democracy)'

"- Islam is the nation.

- A Muslim is the citizen of Islam.

- The constitution of Islam is the Quran.

Those three points make a perfect Democracy, because you choose whether you want to become a Muslim or not, no need for voting, no need for majority, while the minority watches and wait until it becomes the Majority etc.

Once you become a Muslim you accept the Quran as your constitution, and govern yourself, and those who want to be under Islam, through Quran, which makes a perfect DEMOCRACY.

CASE CLOSED!!"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Much of what he had to say supports your position on this. I think the 'vote' will occur, even if just to satisfy western observers. I think only men will get the vote and that 'the west' will concur with this on 'incremental' grounds.

If the muslims take both Egypt and Libya, we're looking at a humongous geographical area under Islamic control, including control of the Suez Canal. And we're helping to make it happen under the premise of "humanitarianism".

Was this the reason Hillary called all the ambassadors together a few months back? Dunno, but the power structure of the world is about to change bigtime.

Yes, I think pending, planned all out war with Islam was one of the items on Hilary's meeting agenda and I completely agree about changing power structures.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yes, I think pending, planned all out war with Islam was one of the items on Hilary's meeting agenda and I completely agree about changing power structures.

To me it appears just the opposite: not to war with Islam, but to hand it an immense amount of power. Couple this with Obama's recent demands on Israel and it looks more like they're gearing up for war with Israel, not Islam!

However, I am admittedly ignorant of much of what goes on in that area so my opinions on this are uninformed and possibly ridiculous. I just don't like the looks of the way things appear to be going....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Obama's true allegiences are not clear. Much of what I've seen indicate that he is sympathetic to Islam, has issues with GB and is keen to undermine the freedoms of the people of the US. He initially appeared to be attempting to distance himself and America from NATO actions in Libya and I wonder if this is a strategic smokescreen or if it was just because at the time, American interests were more focused on Pakistan.

Back to Libya, I do not accept the 'uprising' is genuine. I think the 'west' were/are terrified that Gaddafi was gaining ground in uniting Africa as an economic force and that the Muslim Brotherhood are susceptible to both western and Saudi agitators.

top topics

join