It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What primitive weapon would you take when SHTF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Actually there is merit to what you say.
I am a retired plumber and I have worked with some of the strongest rough and tumble guys who ain't afraid of crap.....except when it is crap!

A little poo on a stick can turn the toughest guy into a screaming 6 year old girl.

Oh my gawsh good times.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTrickerHouse

That is definately some neat stuff but I think if someone was tumbling around in front of me, I'd hold up a pair of scissors and watch them Ginsu the hell outta themself.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Truthfully I have had a Ruger 10-22 for...30+ years never replaced a part on it same stock, a lil scratched and I have put literally tens of thousands of rounds through it.
I believe they are a...errr the super gun, really.
But spare parts are available for sure.

Hopefully I will never be in a running gun battle, would be the best solution though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
reply to post by DaddyBare

You go Daddy Bare!!!
Of course I'll have my "peacekeepers" ready. Teaching the wife the proper way to hold a 12 gauge with a riot grip this weekend. That way she can hit anyone in her path and not have to worry about aiming too much.

The "don't have to aim a shotgun" is a myth. You have to aim them like any other weapon. In up close room distances the shot sometimes doesn't even leave the wad, acting like a slug.

Deebo

edit on 28-5-2011 by Deebo because: fix

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Agreed, they are called riot grips for a reason.
Cuz I has a laugh riot watchin folks use em.
Get a regular or ar type collapsing stock if needed.
Folks hunted and fought gun battles with full stocks for hundreds of years before folding/no buttstocks got popular.
I love watchin the keyboard/youtube commandoes where i shoot.
They got 12 battery used apparatus on their guns and 10 bullets, and cool quad rails!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I would choose, and have chosen the S.O.G. Spirit Knife Spear head, and a 6 foot 3 part Oak take down Hiking stick.

You gotta sand the tip of the hiking stick so the Spirit knife fits, and then drill out a recess and gorilla glue an insert for a 1/8 stainless set screw.

After you do that, you have a great knife, and a really strong Spear and that be taken apart and put in a back pack or used as a knife and walking stick combo.

That, or a Japanese Naginata! It's just terrifying.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Anybody have tips on making your own Shuriken?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
well i allready have a crossbow with extra arrows and string to me is the best shtf weapon and hunting tool because im in england its all i could get.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TypeSH2001

Well,they are so cheap Id just pick up a couple dozen while I could...the ones you buy have to be put in a vise and worked on with a good file to get them "deadly" shar...but no bid deal....just get them up o snuff,dip them in human sh*t nd you are ready to go

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As I read it,the question is what PRIMITIVE weapon...?..So why all the posts about .300 WM and Ruger 10-22s?....By my calculations,it took 3 posts to get off track and it just got worse....even to the point of atatcking peoples choices and even for asking he question....weird folks in computr land...as I said in my answer...tomahawk

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

i have a 65 pound compound bow with a slowly rising supply of carbon fibre hunting arrows with razor sharp tips( also have a stock of wooden and alluminum arrows ) its a powerfull weapon and silent ( i have split a 3 cm thick fence pailing with one of my alluminum arrows at about 40 meters). i would also make a supply of molotov cocktails with what ever flamable matierials that are lying around ( alcohol , metholated spirits ,turpentine. would try to stay away from fuel it will be to valuable) . also a good thing to use would be punji sticks . deadfall traps .and most of all your imagination nothing is more powerfull than the mind .be creative and you will be suprised at what comes out of your mind
happy hunting

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I got some pungee sticks out in the woods (their good for protecting against bears, charlies, and feds), thought about a dead fall but I kind a worry about forgetting where they are
.... My main weapon of choice would prolly be like a nice balanced ax because its handy in every situation imho. Cant really beat knives for back up.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

It would be a tie between a crossbow and a spear

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join