It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What primitive weapon would you take when SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I have my mind as my main weapon. I can fashion a weapon out of most anything. Make traps for food or lures for fishing.

In a evil mindset, I may also be able to lure those who wish harm to me and mine to their destruction. Hopefully they're not to bright.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I'm a reloader... I can and do make my own rounds... As a survival skill I urge all to learn to do the same...
I stock extra powder and if push comes to shove I can hand cast bullets out of old wheel weights (The little lead/tin weights they put on your tires)

No I'm not worried about running out... and any one hoping I will... not gonna happen anytime...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I have two I'll reach for
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcf11f13d1cf.jpg[/atsimg]
my Win 70 in 300wsm

And My ruger P944
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd5de0374ec.jpg[/atsimg]

The OP was like:

What primitive weapon would you take when SHTF

I like your primitive rifle & scope and gun though - very primitive! lol!

Well, I would probably take a primitive longbow or crossbow for hunting - and then use a double-bitted ax (very primitive!) for close combat and wood cutting & logging!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
just a shovel.. i would get to work growing my own food

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Id rather have my dog with me more than anything,
it hunts better than me and i can eat it if i really need to

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
There are also whips, for small animal hunting and a weapon if necessary. Boomerangs, if you can manage to practice enough they can be pretty effective for larger game and distance weapon. Even blow darts and small arrows, with the right poison,( another reason to know plants in your area) can take out large game, and are quite accurate with just a little practice.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Silend

All I need is a good slingshot and a sharp machete. With a slingshot You never run out of ammo, it's small and lightweight, and you can take down all kinds of small game with one- not to mention people. A good machete is a good tool for anyone to have and can be used for anything from building shelter and sharpening long sticks into spears, skinning a rabbit or cutting down an attacker in close proximity.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I imagine I would use a piece of iron pipe and wrap it with twine for handling and strength.
If no iron pipe I would use bamboo.
I would seal one end and tap a small hole.
I would then put a mixture charcoal, sulfur and salt peter at the bottom of the pipe and then put a couple of rocks in after.
This is how we do primitive in the US!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

I understand you are crafty bro, but if you do not have a stockpile of wheelweights get em now as over the past I could walk into a tire shop and walk out with 50 Lbs.
Lead is a hazardous / controlled substance here in the peoples republik of Kalifornia.
So, tire stores have to recycle and report their lead.
I have a hard time finding any store that will part with these.
I now kind of wish my favorite was a 125 grain 9mm rather than 230 grain 45.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Nice thing about living in Kansas is no lead laws... exception when hunting waterfowl...
to tell the truth I have 7 big five gallon buckets full of the little buggers in my shed... but I also use a Corbin Bullet swage..

Here's an over view of what I do at home

Lead hasn't been a prob for me... Brass is... but I have a good supply of that too..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well, my 16 yro was getting a good laugh out of me, I was seriously fumbling with loading the home protection unit, and he was rofl saying "Oh yes mr. bad guy, can you wait a minute while I figure out how to load this" "Ah forget it! and Mom hits him with the butt end instead.. or bitches him out him to death."..

So, yes as a single Mom I have had my 3 sons taught by people like you, but I am far better as negotiator or hand to hand combat...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Good stuff, I'll have to spoke with you about swaging.
I reload primitive my same lee 1 station setup I have had for bout 30 years now.
I cast and size but swage is foreign to me.
Now that is primitive!
No fancy boxes here!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Assuming I could only take one, I would want something different depending on being in a rural or urban environment. In an urban setting I would prefer a crowbar as it has many uses from defence to gaining entry in buildings. In a rural environment I would prefer a kukri also for its defence use as well as being able to process wood and whatnot.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

I like your primitive rifle & scope and gun though - very primitive! lol!

the most primitive form of the gun is the Fire lance they were used in China from at least 1132 AD

1300 AD The hand cannon (the first portable fire arm and the origin of the word gun called a "Gonne")

so my rifle and pistol are indeed primitive where a Taser is not... the scope and laser mounts were their the same as wrapping barbwire around a club... besides I can and will go Medieval on evil doers in the most primal primitive manner

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

Bow and arrows, Knife, Small shield. Blunt striking object like a hammer as well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Silend

I went to a Birthday party where the kids used half of a straw and a q-tip as a blowgun and a dart. After a few minutes they became very accurate. Take off the cotton end and glue on a nail and you have a painful weapon. Put a little bit of poo on the tip and it becomes a slow killer. Not very painful if you get hit by one but imagine a dozen of so at once.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd probably use a sling for distance. For close-range, I have a few bladed weapons. My favorite is a big machete. I have some blunt weapons like tonfa and nunchaku, too, but they probably wouldn't be very practical.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its a no brainer...AK47

Cause now I know these types are going to show up:
1 - Bow
2 - Spear
3 - Atlatl
4 - Slingshot
5 - Blowpipe
6 - Sling
7 - Crossbow

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

HAAAAAA!
Star on you bro because you rock!
I took me a second to decode your riddle tho.
I'm gettin slow.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think it's funny so many people generally believe their firearm is the better option long term.

Ammunition will run out, even if you are able to reuse cases, have a good supply of everything needed, etc, it will run out over time.

Firearms will give away your position every time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join