It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Spectrum HD video camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've just become the proud owner of a full spectrum, high definition, 5 megapixel 32gb memory SVP T718 video camcorder.

I have done a simple video test and loaded it up to youtube, but I'm now in serious need of improved IR and UV lights

It's never easy

The camera itself is very easy to operate and seems to produce good recorded footage.
You do need a bit of a steady hand though. The camera is so lightweight that the slightest movement is noticed.
I've also noticed some interesting things crop up whilst filming, like how certain materials and TV comes through as normal colour.. perhaps due to the artificial lighting/material. I got a lot to learn yet about full spectrum cameras

I'm hoping this will produce some good results on future investigations..
Am posting to assist anyone else who may be considering the full spectrum camera themselves.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I do like the NASA "Mars" setting. If you play around with the setting at night you might be able to pick up some of those orbs. If you capture anything good in the skies, be sure to share it with us.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does this camera shoot full spectrum off the shelf? or did you have to modify it? if so, I'd love to know what modifications were required.

Thanks for the vid.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Normally this camera comes as a standard camera. The full spectrum bit was a modification by the suppliers who I bought it off..

I've not much of an idea as to how to do this, but from previous searching it has something to do with some filters or the CCD part of the camera.. I'm not that clued up about it really.. but it can be quite fiddly to do so you'll need the right tools and a bit of camera knowledge to do it for yourself.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks for the heads up, I kind of figured there would have to be some modifications, but as you said, it is quite a daunting task that could mess up the camera if it is not done right.

I've always wanted an UltraViolet camera, similar to the ones used by electric companies as it will visually display ultraviolet light as a way to show electrical leakage, etc. I wonder what else could be visible with a UV camera? They are quite expensive though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Im glad you got this! I just was talking about getting one myself!
I think there is good change of getting anomalies with this equipment

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A good friend of mine does paranormal investigations and I've seen some of his equipment. He uses an normal incandescent black light bulb in one of those round aluminum work lights with his video equipment. He said the other types of black lights didn't work, it had to be an incandescent bulb. This would only work if your camera was stationary since you can't easily walk around with one of those work lights.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

Interesting, but according to wikipedia, those types of bulbs are extremely inefficient

A black light may also be formed by simply using Wood's glass as the envelope for a common incandescent bulb. This was the method that was used to create the very first black light sources. Although it remains a cheaper alternative to fluorescent tubes, it is exceptionally inefficient at producing UV light since most of the light emitted by the filament is visible light which must be blocked. Due to its black body spectrum, an incandescent light radiates less than 0.1% of its energy as UV light. Incandescent UV bulbs, due to the necessary absorption of the visible light, become very hot during use. This heat is, in fact, encouraged in such bulbs, since a hotter filament increases the proportion of UVA in the black-body radiation emitted. This high running-temperature drastically reduces the life of the lamp, however, from a typical 1000 hours to around 100 hours.

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems that the fluorescent types are the best. And you can get those in a battery operated portable version. normally used to check money in shops etc.

The UV light I was using in the video is the LED type. Visually it appears a lot brighter than it does on the video which is interesting as, for some reason, a lot of light may be lost or just doesn't register on the camera or it is there but only becomes 'visibly active' when it encounters something in its range.

I have now also upgraded my IR light and it makes a heck of a difference considering the size of the light. I will get one of those UV money checkers and see how that works compared to the UV LED light I have.
Will do a comparison video later. It's daytime for me right now (9am) so will be a while yet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4fb1398c9cb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Video seems to not be working.
Would you please check it as I'd love to see it. thanks

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Appears to be fully working here both on this ATS thread and on youtube.
Here is the direct link if it helps.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hiya Zazz... good to see you.
Will be getting some different types of lights soon and will do a more in-depth video to see which ones work best.

Couple of things about the cam that I'd like to change, one of those would be being able to select what icons you'd like to see or not on the 3" screen.. gives off quite a bit of light. There does not seem to be an option for controlling that.

Have tried to find a firmware update but have not found any. There is very little info on this cam online, except for lots of sites selling the item.

Even extra batteries seem hard to get. Moditronic do them but do not ship internationally.
Luckily, I've found two other 'models' of battery that fit and work.. one of which gives up to 1930MaH
Cheapest battery with 850MaH comes in at about 2GBP, the 1930 comes in at 10GBP if you look in the right places

High street shops are selling the 650MaH version for around 10GBP plus.... Go figure....

top topics

join