It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Increible! No me lo puedo creer esto!
Como puede pasar estoy?

Seriously, WTF, people are just sitting there and the police are beating them with batons!! Im surprised at the Spanish (well, Catalans) that they didnt retaliate though probably the smartes thing they could do!

Irlanda esta con vosotros! Estamos orgullosos de vosotros!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntheticbutterfly
S&F. People need to see what is happening here in spain. Much appreciate your links.

Sadly most people wont, since the mainstream media in rest of Europe seems to be completely ignoring it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just curious,, King Carlos and Queen Sofia,, still enjoying their Belgium Vacation?
Seeing that they left on the DAY of the Earthquake,,just woundering how there doing ,,any postscards?? u know "Having great time,, wish u were here.
."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Holy cow! I didn't think it would get that bad so damn quick!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
The thing that keeps popping into my mind whenever these scenes are acted out concerns the mindset of the police.

They are citizens as well... do they not see that the protests are in defense of their future as well?

Well, you gotta understand what they are taught. They are told to protect and serve. Higher ups tell them certain things need to be done, in order to keep the general populace safe. For instance, they were trying to clear these people out, probably due to the soccer match happening soon. These people, while are very peaceful and well mannered for dealing with that the way they did. They were stopping the officers from performing their scheduled work of preventing a "just in case" type of accident. Are the police right? I dont think so.
edit on 27-5-2011 by derst1988 because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is not our world anymore folks, obviously.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Holy crap. No wonder we aren't getting any news of this over here. The similarities between our two-party system and theirs is striking. This is like watching a microcosm of American in the future. I can't imagine what strings are being pulled to keep this news on the down-low.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Let the "European Winter" begin, just like the "Arab Spring".
Is it winter in Europe? It is winter where I'm so not sure what to call it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
reply to post by Unity_99

My hearth is crying for months.
It is time.
Personally i can not take it anymore. My fuse is burned out

My dear fellow country-man, (at least I guess you are, according to the links you put into your first post)
Let me say this, I think a lot of people can refer to their heart crying all the time lately and not being able to take anymore of this ****.

Well, so can't I. I've been used to react immediatlly as things happen, I used to be quiet violent in my reactions most of the time, thinking shock and awe is the right thing to impress people with, so they will leave you alone. But that kind of reacting doesn't bring you much. It just makes you hate yourself in the end.

So I tried doing it the correct way, listening to arguments, letting other people speak etc etc. But that way also will make you hate yourself in the end, because it seems be to pacifistic and this is getting me nowhere at all. It will take all that you once were out of you and make you an indivdual that has a hard time deciding what to do in a certain cirumstance.

I don't want to preach violence at all, and I wished there was another way out of this for everybody in a peacefull way, but I realized, that will not be the case. And there is no such thing as moderated violence. Violence is Violence and peace is peace, just plain black and white, no gray zones in between.

bit [OT]
E.g. Look at Erwin Lensink...says enough I guess.

[for non-dutch ATS readers: this guy threw a waxine-light holder at Mrs. von Amsberg's golden coach now almost a year ago, Von Amsberg, pretending to be our queen, she says she is appointed by Gods grace, but denying any DNA test to take away the doubts of her and her entire family being royal. There is enough prove that she is NOT. And if she where a really originating from Orange - Nassau, she still would have no right to sit on that place, just because her ancestors fled just before WOII to the UK and USA and Canada, thus giving up their status of king or queen, stated like that in the law, which conveniently got altered in 1983. This next to the fact that her father was a known war criminal and spy of IG-Farben and so was her husband as well, part of the german nazi movement. Now this guy Erwin Lensink tried it a last and desperate time, and it was quiet drastic, to get the attention and he wanted to confront or provoce someone so that they would challenge his claims in a court of law, and a lot of republicans share the view that they are illegally claiming the throne and should be banned from our country. But what happened? This guy is locked up in the most heavyily guarded prison in The Netherlands for almost a year. The courts that have to judge him are sitting beneath a portrait of the one they swore to honour and protect etc etc. Of course....Mrs von Amsberg. And after an hour and a half talking to two psychiatrists they decided he should be locked up at least a year with forcefeeding medication.]
[/OT]

I really whished there would be another way to protest, but seeing what is happening to our brothers and sisters everywhere on the planet, is taking all that hope for a peacefull revolution, resolution away.

I really would like to know how the agressors feel hitting innocent people the way they do. And how they live with their actions and deeds. I couldn't live with myself anymore knowing that I've been abusing people in the way they do.

And if I understood you right, the most important thing holding you back is your kid? Well so is mine. Mine is now almost an adult, but I just can't explain to her what the f*** is happening all around and how to react to that. It would be much easier for me to act or even sacrifice myself for the good if I knew she would be allright. And I'm not pretending being a hero or something like, but I'm fed up with it an just can't take anymore and are willing to fight and even die for a good cause. I've had it with all and found closure within myself and are ready and willing to stop all this, one way or another.

Well, so far my confused and troubled mindfarts.

Take care and peace to you all !

Ukuthula!
edit on 27/5/11 by WeirdOldDude because: typo

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
well at least we have socialized health care to take care of the hurt and injured.
great!!!!!!
Time to start wearing padding and take the beating
Get shields and defend yourselves.wood,metal anything.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
Ghandi

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well my friends we are at a turning point in history the Arab spring,

Will it be the European Sumer?

I am suprised it hasnt come sooner but there is only two outcomes,

small scale riots protests, 2 weeks few hundred,

or well

The people just come peacefully again and as each is taken out,

Like in egypt or tunisa he/she are replaced.

When and I am sure some will say if, will a European Nation fall?

Elf

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Within 24 hours of Obummer and Cameleon making their statement they are going to change the world, or some such vile words, bullets are fired on peaceful protesters in Spain. Coincidence? I think not.

Seems to me that announcement by the two Trashcans in Chief signalled the beginning of the final lap - which will include a huge crackdown.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Police wanted to clear the square to to clean up, and to remove the belongings from the people camping there.
Then they left, not before being harassed by all of those who had the guts to fight back, about 4000 people surrounded the square and gave the cops trying to leave a hard time, first time I see riot cops running IN FRONT of the people, not behind them. Spain is starting to move, most national news have this riot in frontline, and, as I see it, we are at the breaking point, or so close to it we can barely smell it. There are more meetings and more planned for this weekend, people wont give up, and the tide starts to turn, we wont take it anymore.

A very pissed off spaniard.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Juanxlink because: Typos

Everything good in the universe is with you and supporting you all in this, my friend.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
what the ### are these police doing?...they are attacking the very people they should be protecting..

there are calls for protests outside all of the worlds spanish embassies tonight at 9pm...if your in a city with a spanish embassy please go down

I SECOND THAT!

Second line

Elf
edit on 27-5-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If ever I go to a protest, would it be a good idea to purchase and bring in my own riot gear? gas masks and all...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by soundofathousandbirds

They'll win with their non-violence eventually. Governments that beat people just sitting down and putting their hands up lose their legitimacy with every blow.

The police should be there to keep everyone safe(including government officials) not going out of their way to cause harm.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello All,

It's my first post on ATS, and i hope you will understand what i think...cause i'm french

So, i can't understand why all these people, who are so many than this cop, don't react...when i see someone in dangerous situation, when i seen someone beat an other one, i can't let them do that!

If we want to change this world, maybe i'am silly to think that, we need to be react, to be violent, we are so many than these cops, we can easily send them to their home, WE are so many, we can fight them with our fist, with our doc martens, with our baseball bat, we can't let them brutalize us without reasons, we just express ourself and in history, our ancestor have fight to permit us to do that!

I just think we can change somethings, but we can't change something just by being shocked by these cops's actions.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
here some incredibly sad photos..

www.flickr.com...

what the ### are these police doing?...they are attacking the very people they should be protecting..

there are calls for protests outside all of the worlds spanish embassies tonight at 9pm...if your in a city with a spanish embassy please go down
edit on 27-5-2011 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

I adore the wide awake righteous anger and look in their eyes. They have such dignity and intense will. No one will take that from them. 2013, UK rule, NWO, as planned. I DONT THINK ITS GOING OVER. The people have won, their spirit is inviolate.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

We need this everywhere The Spanish revolution, peaceful, non cooperation, in their face, we need the Bullhorns, and don't leave till its all gone, the whole corrupt fascist bloodlines. They are calling for complete political overhaul.

Ok, I just edited the part of when are we going to do this, its needed but there is usually an agenda behind it. I am very suspicoius that the whole movement is somehow being manipulated by NWO, and all the paths are webs of control, so we need freedom for real, and to save the billiions of starving children. For the starving children I would give my life. This world of starvation and inequality has to end. But we have to make sure, its for real, on our terms, not theres.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

So much for everyone saying that peaceful protests are the way to go. These video's catch fire it could and should make folks aware that THEY aren't going to be peaceful when protests are going on. This could get very ugly very quickly. I guess time to meet force with the return of force. Question is how much beating will these people put up with before they return in kind??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join