It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

No you not pushing ..that pic is protected somehow..find another link and i will embed

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Probably wasn't the best time to have just booked myself flights for a long weekend in Barcelona, hopefully things will have died down in 2 weeks, dont want a revolutions ruining my only holiday.

Pretty selfish statement, since you didn't put a smiley next to it.

I edited when I realised how selfish I was being., it was meant to be a joke, but i agree this is a serious subject, and I hope the protests are going on when I get there, will be interesting to see.
edit on 27-5-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

none

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by A por uvas
If barsa wins expect hell to break loose.
This could be the flame that lights the fire for the spanish.

You mean the feeling of victory is the key to success. You mean the Spanish might carry that feeling to the streets, and infect the other protesters?

I think you are right. People behave different in large groups. Interesting to see.
If they loose the banks will be on fire, the same night. Thats my sort of prediction

I can see hell breaking loose, win or lose.
edit on 27-5-2011 by A por uvas because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I, for one, cannot BELEIVE that this will spread like a fire.IT SHOULD , but i don't beleive.

One thing i know for sure.If ANY people on whatever country wants to bring up a change to the regime or the way they live, and the government is against them, there only 2 options (actualy one, because option 1 will soon become option 2) :
1.general strike and massive PEACEFULL protests.
2.brute force and violence to overthrow the regime.

Option 1 might work on SOME EU states, but i highly doubt the elite will agree with a general strike and massive protests without at least trying to ''clean up'' the streets /squares of protestesters.
That is why i beleive (sadly, there will be victims) that option 2 is the only REAL option.

And, tbh...anyone know a REAL revolution that succeded without violence?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I edited the response of mine already. People react quick here.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

That is what I see too.

We need to breathe again. So we got to face them

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any news update from anyone?

What is the line to be crossed, until we stand up?

Why aren't we standing up? (lazy, nany state, FEAR?)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This thread should be printed and handed to every human being on earth....

This is AMAZING..... There is unrest in a country, and the members of ATS are NOT blaming the United States..

I am sure if you dig hard enough, you'll crow bar USA and Israel into the mix, but for now, the facts and truth are prevailing!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Page on gun law in spain here : www.commongunsense.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
did they beat the guy in the wheelchair?
looks like they let him pass
not sure.
youtu.be...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShaunHatfield
This thread should be printed and handed to every human being on earth....

This is AMAZING..... There is unrest in a country, and the members of ATS are NOT blaming the United States..

I am sure if you dig hard enough, you'll crow bar USA and Israel into the mix, but for now, the facts and truth are prevailing!

The let this be the first and last reference to these countries

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by A por uvas

That grandma looks like dick cheney
(no wonder)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It disgusts me when I see this kind of police tyranny to the point that I would love to see a sniper with a .50 cal Barrett sniper rifle decapitating those pigs from a tall building nearby. I live north of Toronto and saw the same kind of tyranny during the G20 summit last summer and it filled me with absolute rage. The G20 fiasco basically set back police community relations by 30 years in Toronto. Nobody I know trust the pigs anymore and view them more as an enemy of freedom now.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Isn't Spain supposed to be a civilized Western European country?

Sure doesn't look like it anymore...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm always skeptical of police brutality videos that claim the crowd was peaceful...But in this case I am not seeing any evidence that the crowd was being anything but peaceful.

This is just wrong.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
here some incredibly sad photos..

www.flickr.com...

what the ### are these police doing?...they are attacking the very people they should be protecting..

there are calls for protests outside all of the worlds spanish embassies tonight at 9pm...if your in a city with a spanish embassy please go down
edit on 27-5-2011 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by alienesque because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What type of gun rights? well maybe not the most popular idea but there's always ETA.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

People in Europe should unite. These are Europeans, we are Europeans. (I know we are all human beings,but what can you do in he US or Asia for us. You got the same battle going on over there for yourself)

I would be death or in jail right now if I were there. I am fearless, and am angry

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

They are beating and beating, and we take it WE ARE SO FREAKING STUPID AND SLOW.

i am sorry, but in the link there is an video. They just engage woman childes etc.

edit on 27-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join