It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Spanish police fire at peaceful protesters in Barcelona

roarmag.org

Police just cleared the protest camp on the Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona, firing rubber bullets at protesters and hitting indiscriminately (videos here!).

Information is still sketchy (if you’re in Barcelona, please give us an update!) but it appears that riot police have just cleared the peaceful protest camp at Plaça de Catalunya in Barcelona with force.

At least 43 are reported to have been treated for injuries, although actual numbers are likely to be higher.

Video footage shows police beating away indiscriminately at protesters sitting on the ground. Reports say police eve
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nujij.nl
www.star-people.nl

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Spain revolution

link   
The violence has started on European grounds. The videoś are showing brute force being used against the Revolutionaries.

What will this trigger, surely this is an after effect.

My vieuw on this.
This will spread like an wildfire across Europe.
Things might pick up in speed now.

The real reason behind this thread, is merely to point out. They are clubbing our fellow human beings now, fase2. Clubbing them, because they have no good outlook on life.

roarmag.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
S&F. People need to see what is happening here in spain. Much appreciate your links.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Someone may embed them here on ATS.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
www.20minutos.tv...

Again pretty compelling link
edit on 27-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As wrong as this....I do hope a stray bullet will temporarly incapacitate Lionel Messi and rule him out of Saturday's match!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Scum.
Their arms were pretty exposed though and with only a handful of them I'd have played dirty and got a bunch of protestors alongside to bite them right there. There are no 'rules' in situations like this, just a shame none of them had the courage to do this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

understandable

Now what do you think about the violence being used against us?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

I could not watch this, without the feeling of explosion inside me

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Scum.
Their arms were pretty exposed though and with only a handful of them I'd have played dirty and got a bunch of protestors alongside to bite them right there. There are no 'rules' in situations like this, just a shame none of them had the courage to do this.

I think the whole point in this is to be peaceful. If you start with the biting that's responding to their violence with violence. Mind you, had I been there, I don't know how I would have reacted- I have a short temper and I am not a fan of the police anyway....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntheticbutterfly

Originally posted by RUDDD
Scum.

I think the whole point in this is to be peaceful. If you start with the biting that's responding to their violence with violence. Mind you, had I been there, I don't know how I would have reacted- I have a short temper and I am not a fan of the police anyway....

Guys thats my problem to. Can not take a beating of the beast, I will revolt

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What do we think the implications will be of this?

It is fase 2 in the European revolution if I may call it so

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There's being peaceful, and then there's being beaten to a pulp so much before you have to do SOMETHING about it. I have a short fuse myself and I'd have been exploiting any weakness, they play dirty so do I.

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Police wanted to clear the square to to clean up, and to remove the belongings from the people camping there.
Then they left, not before being harassed by all of those who had the guts to fight back, about 4000 people surrounded the square and gave the cops trying to leave a hard time, first time I see riot cops running IN FRONT of the people, not behind them. Spain is starting to move, most national news have this riot in frontline, and, as I see it, we are at the breaking point, or so close to it we can barely smell it. There are more meetings and more planned for this weekend, people wont give up, and the tide starts to turn, we wont take it anymore.

A very pissed off spaniard.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Juanxlink because: Typos

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This will come to our doorsteps guys. I got a strong feeling of this (no prediction)

Will we go Sparta or ...take it

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

I think it's absolutely disgraceful, but unfortunately it's what we all have to expect nowadays if we have the balls to demonstrate or protest about anything.

What is the answer?

I don't know!

I could easily write some idyllic political discourse on how we have to unite and fight against the oppressors, unfortunately I have been round the block too many times and am in a slightly cynical mood today.

Ask me the same question tomorrow or Sunday, after I've had a few beers with my friends and hopefully (but I very much doubt it), watched Man Urd win The Champions League Final, and I suspect I'll have something a bit more positive and encouraging to say.

However, my thoughts are with those protesters; I've been there!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join