It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI targeting political activists as terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I'm not surprised. I've been waiting to hear about this, and this is just history repeating itself until we all see it for what it is & make a change. And that change is government, especially big government. Let the Fed continue to impose itself upon us, for it wants to see how far it can push us. Any intelligent person knows not to back an animal into the corner

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Law Enforcement agencies can't do anything unless the political activists break the law. So being observed or being called a subversive isn't anything other than a label without merit unless the activist engages in some type of terrorist activity... like suicide bombings.
edit on 27-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
"...who hold different views than the government."

This part is disturbing. Our country will soon be a police state and people like us that know the truth will be sent to the FEMA camps.

Exactly, the government is supposed to reflect the views of the people whom they work for, not make them up as they go along and then try and force the people who pay their salaries to "not go against" the government.

Seems like they just want to come out of the closet and announce that the People of the country are no longer the ones who they represent. They can't lock us all up can they?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I really do not see this as news at all. What is being reported is something some of us already knew about after the MIAC report was leaked.

Environmentalist, Constitutionalist, Pro Lifers, Tax Protesters, Vets... you are all the new Domestic Terrorist.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Here is my question, why people do you star a thread where the OP had exactly this to write as his own: "(visit the link for the full news article)"?

Flag it maybe as interesting, but what is the OP's contribution that deserves stars, much less over 20. I wish ATS could change its script such that any lack of original content in the opening post automatically rejects the post.

As a community we should have higher standards and expectations.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

FBI targeting political activists as terrorists

rt.com

Anti-terrorism resources are being used to target environmentalists, peace, animal and political activists who hold different views than the government.
It was recently revealed that a counter-terrorism firm spied on individuals who attended film screenings of the documentary Gasland. The film focuses on the practice of natural gas fracking and what impact it has on the environment and in the communities where it is used.
The FBI and other government agencies are cracking down on those who are not willing to say in line with the status quo.
In Pennsylvania, activists have faced terrorism
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is not a local problem in the USA, there are similar tendencies in other contries, too. Frightening...
Mankind seems to start being divided into two classes: those who know what's going on (manipulative "elite") and the brainwashed slaves. Those, who fight against brainwashing /or for justice/, are attacked or mocked. I'm afraid they (we) are a minority...We should be well prepared...:/
For those who believe in Order:
-order is a good thing, useful, I like it too, BUT
-these bastards in nowadays' governments are devouring the whole planet! Maybe "they" will move to another planet with the Grey worms when Earth is eaten, BUT
-this is a beautiful, interresting, living planet, and deserves a better fate! We have to defend it (or dye while trying)...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This "story" on RT seems to be a very liberal interpretation of statements by the ACLU regarding FOIA requests that are being ignored. The ACLU recently started a federal lawsuit to uncover what the ACLU says is thousands of documents regarding surveillance and intimidation of certain parties by the FBI.

Read more here:

www.democraticunderground.com...

and here:

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

What bothers me the most is that almost everyone who posted in this thread did little or no further reading or research into this. If you continually allow someone to spoon feed you an ideology then you are just a sheeple in conspirators clothing. Do some research into what you read and find more sources to verify info.

As to the correlation between what is happening now and COINTELPRO, it does appear they are using the same "recipe" although i would think that this is just a rustling of feathers and the ACLU is using their standard sensationalism to get a headline.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

I am glad you called the out the real enemy. Nazi's are the enemy, not Jews, Muslims or any other group.

They planned WW3 over one hudred years ago and it is beginning as we chat back and forth. Peace to you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Exactly.

This is no different than in the 60's when Nixon came into power and decided to end the civil unrest in the United States. Even the use of the FBI isn't new.

Same game, new tactics.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Here is my question, why people do you star a thread where the OP had exactly this to write as his own: "(visit the link for the full news article)"?

Flag it maybe as interesting, but what is the OP's contribution that deserves stars, much less over 20. I wish ATS could change its script such that any lack of original content in the opening post automatically rejects the post.

As a community we should have higher standards and expectations.

Here is my question. Why dosen't ATS abolish the star system altogether? I don't want to be deffensive but it isn't easy to provide an in-depth analysis of an article less than 300 words long.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

Originally posted by blackrain17
"...who hold different views than the government."

This part is disturbing. Our country will soon be a police state and people like us that know the truth will be sent to the FEMA camps.

Exactly, the government is supposed to reflect the views of the people whom they work for, not make them up as they go along and then try and force the people who pay their salaries to "not go against" the government.

Seems like they just want to come out of the closet and announce that the People of the country are no longer the ones who they represent. They can't lock us all up can they?

That 'doctor' on Fox a few years ago that called 83 or so percent
of the American population delusional for mistrusting the government
was just the beginning... when normalcy is criminalized, the world has
officially gone mad. Hope you've got a reasonably fresh set of shock
absorbers on your temporal lobes just in case... bumpy road ahead.
And they won't have to lock everybody up, just the awake ones...
and as far as I'm concerned they were out of the closet on 11/23/63.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Only thing different now are the names
involved.

Ya reckon Boon??
I think a few of the family names are still the same..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

how does it go in the US we the people === do they forget on the premise of the founding of your democracy ??????

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think it is only good that people are at least being checked out. Most people are aware of problems in the world today. I know there are people who lead their lives not knowing alot of things wether its deliberate or preoccupation. I believe there is a bigger problem in extremist activism, and alot of issues are easily inflated and popularized to a contorted image that alot of times seem to end up eroding our freedom.

You can almost look at "civil rights" as somthing that just doesn't occur, it has to be implemented and enforced by an entity.

Just injecting a different angle here, I am sure I can sit here and type my opinion because of activism.

We all sit here and when we think of Russia, we think KGB, black market, corrupt, communism, WWII war machine.
You can't blame them for painting the same picture about the USA. Even it is true the currupt power exists here just the same.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

how does it go in the US we the people ===

Lemme fill in the rest for you...

We the people will conform, obey, comply without complaint or protest, work hard for less, consume, buy, and pay taxes, always trust our government, our leaders, our military and especially our mainstream media, we will surrender our freedoms for security, we will all be watching American Idol...

We the people?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join