It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jehovah Witnesses, Conspiracy or Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
Example. If you take a blood transfusion from a person who is a smoker, it would be, to them, the same as smoking them selves, and since that is disrespectful to their body, and to Jehovah, they refuse it. They wouldnt be "excommunicated" for taking a blood transfusion, but it is considered a sin.

Actually it has something to do with the sacredness of blood. OT stuff. You shall pour the the blood onto the ground, after killing something. I don't see this as any weirder than not allowing birth control.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Jehovah Witnesses have some crazy rules like, no birthday celebration, no holidays, (except for wedding anniversarys) , no blood.
However some of the more crazy things I was told were no.. "Smurf" dolls,
no alien stuff (They don't exist) . I couldn't even use a lawn gnome!
You know those little garden elf ornements with the red hat. No Gargoyles,
no rare steak, no lottery tickets.

No wearing a cross (would you wear a electric chair charm if your father or mother was killed that way?) No divorce unless you sleep with someone else. Never mind beatings ect.
Don't get me wrong , some of the people in it are wonderful, however like all religions there are good and bad people and rules.

I personaly deal with this nonsense on a daily basis.
I live with a Jehovah Witness Elder....... My husband.
I blew in on the wind in 1993 and became inactive in 1998 for some very good reasons. Never to return. My religion? "God is" I'll take it from there
on my own.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
the JWs are nut cases. ask any of them about the 17,000 people. the "this generation shall not pass" ask them about the significance of ww1 to them. ask them who will get into "heaven" ask them about blood transfusions.. these guys are brainwashing nut cases.

oh one more question for them. why dont any of their churches have windows? not even a stained glass one. just a plain brick building... i dont care what they do, they dont bother me personaly, but my daughters mother and her family are practicing witnesses. she has said numerous times, that if , god forbid, something was to happen to our girl and she needed a blood transfusion, she wont allow it. apparently "jehova" doesnt approve of that for some reason.

if you need answers to any of my questions or feel im wrong, please let me know.......

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't we all already brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
the JWs are nut cases. ask any of them about the 17,000 people. the "this generation shall not pass" ask them about the significance of ww1 to them. ask them who will get into "heaven" ask them about blood transfusions.. these guys are brainwashing nut cases.

oh one more question for them. why dont any of their churches have windows? not even a stained glass one. just a plain brick building... i dont care what they do, they dont bother me personaly, but my daughters mother and her family are practicing witnesses. she has said numerous times, that if , god forbid, something was to happen to our girl and she needed a blood transfusion, she wont allow it. apparently "jehova" doesnt approve of that for some reason.

if you need answers to any of my questions or feel im wrong, please let me know.......

did you know that there is a much beter alternative for blood.
A kind of plasma, you also will heal faster.

something else
is there someone who have seen the Movie The.Ten.Commandments.1956
in the original movie there is a scene with mozes at the bush
when Mozes asked gods name the answer was Jehovah.
But if you buy this movie know you will see the same scene, but the sound was edited out and replaced with "I am Who I Am".
This was done on command of the church&Government.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hiawatha
did you know that there is a much beter alternative for blood.
A kind of plasma, you also will heal faster.

Yeah, blood expanders as well. Thing is this is the "biggie" if you want to diss JW's, don't want to let this one go.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I do not wish to diss the jehovah witnesses.

pic on the middle left

But the picture on this site made me worry cause my parents are JW's
And they indeed feel like they believe in the one and only truth God

At the bottom there are the slaves
then the Elders
then the headquarters in America
then jezus christ
and at the top the all seeing eye Jehovah god

it's just like build up as the pyramid on the dollar bill

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry intrepid but I mean not ofense,

I remember the Jehovah Witnesses back home and I can tell you they are very persistent, my mother used to go so upset when they will come early in the morning knocking on the doors.

No offense taken, I left almost 20 years ago. Very strict life to live, I couldn't do it. The reason they're persistent is because they believe they have the truth and it is their obligation to share it with everyone, not like they wouldn't like to sleep in Saturday as well.

They are very persistant, but like you said, it is mostly because they feel that it is their duty to inform you of the Truth, and nobody wants to be bothered at home. If they just gave up, they would never "reach" anyone.

Actually, the people I know from the JW church, are some of the kindest, and most honest people I have ever met. Willing to do anything from each other. I remember one time, a woman in the local congregation had a terrible car accident and her husband died. Two nights later, her house burned to the ground. The entire congregation got togther one weekend and built her a brand spankin new house, free of charge. Not a lot of people would do that kind of thing for their friends, let alone someone they hardly know.

Anyway, like I said, I dont go along with 99% of their views, but they are not some kind of "conspiracy"... I dont think that your information about them trading technology to the government for sattelite use is correct either. I cant see them having any involvement with the government, even on the simplest level.

Hello,
I do agree with you. I worked with a JW woman once and just loved her. We actually did have some similar beliefs. She was a very good friend. I do not believe that they should be going out and knocking on doors. The Scriptures do not teach this at all. We're all supposed to be ready to give an answer, though, if asked. That is totally different.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

[edit on 12-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
I don't care about the Reptilian Shapeshifting stuff, nor do I think that many Masons are actually Satanists; but there may be some significant info in this article:

www.davidicke.com...

I didn't even read the article, the title was enough. The 2 organizations are totally different. I talk to Mormans regularily and you know my past. The Witnesses are looking to a future here on Earth, not in Heaven. About the only similarity is the evangellical nature of the 2.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can vouch for him for one.

I grew up part of the JW church. My step brother was mormon... Completely different beliefs and convictions. Mearly the same door to door style.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The different beliefs of the two different religions don't say anything for what went on behind closed doors regarding their creation.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Tamahu]

I have no idea what that means. Because they use the same tools to promote themselves they're in cahoots? If you knew anything about either you would know that that's not possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That's just it Tamahu, I've studied many religions in my time, enough to know that your avatar is the Hindu god Gnisha(sp). I know how the Mormans and JW's came about and I know for a fact that they aren't linked in any way. Anything else is a waste of time. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Okay whatever man.

I'm not trying to recruit believers here.

Just thought I'd share an interesting article that may just show the names behind the creation of these two religions.

I'll just say that the Mormons and the Nation of Islam both have Masonic roots; yet they are quite opposite in their beliefs.

Peace

All info of importance is welcome
Who seek the truth will find it.
even if the answer isn't what we hoped for

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Hiawatha]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I studied with one of Jehovah's witnesses for a year. They refuse to take blood transfusions based on 2 scriptures. They are:

Acts 15:28, 29 " The holy spirit and we ourselves have favoured adding no further burden to you, except those necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. "

and,

Ephesians 1:7 " By means of him ( Jesus Christ) we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness."

They believe that Christ's death was a ransom sacrifice of blood, and that taking any other blood into their body makes them " bloodguilty", thereby losing their salvation.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Do Jehovah's Witness have the chalice during mass with wine in it? Or since it symbolizes Jesus' Blood it is forbidden?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Yes, they have "Memorial", it's around Easter time. They pass the bread and wine, to commemorate the last supper but don't partake of them. Very few do, but that's another story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join