It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palden Dorje ( Buddha Boy ) Dharma Sangha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Source

A brief recap.

In 2005, a story emerged of a boy (Ram Bahadur Bamjan), meditating in a tree trunk without sustainance or relief for 6 months.

A Discovery Channel crew decided to investigate and arrived at the site to find an economy flourishing in the jungle with vendors, visitors, pilgrims and such.

Documentary About Buddha Boy (1 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan
Documentary About Buddha Boy (2 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan
Documentary About Buddha Boy (3 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan
Documentary About Buddha Boy (4 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan - Prahlad Jani
Documentary About Buddha Boy (5 of 5) Ram Bahadur Bamjan

They were given permission to film him from a distance and rolled tape 24/7.
At some point, they heard of another peculiar event where an old man was kept in an enclosed enviroment for 10 days to see if he really did not need food, water or sleep. The crew documented this and amazingly, it seemed valid.
When they returned to continue filming the boy, they heard he had flames bursting from him while the crew was away and other stories such as the boy was bitten by a deadly snake and suffered no adverse effects.
Once again they filmed 24/7 and seemed fairly convinced that if not truely relying on spiritual sustainence, he was definitely spending many hours straight without leaving the tree.

Later, the economy that grew from this meditating boy began causing disputes over power and money. (Go figure), one day, he vanished and the story was that he went deep into the jungle to continue his meditation.

In 2008, he came out of the jungle and spoke of peace, love, etc...and that if we don't change, the world will surely be destroyed. He gave blessings and left for the jungle again.
'Buddha Boy" Re-Emerges

Now, he is in his last year of the 6 year meditation he proclaimed he would accomplish and soon will be teaching his knowledge and ideals to who might listen.

This is the latest account I've found of his journey.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
People like him have existed for centuries... I think monty python's life of brian captured the idea best when they went down the road and you got to see all of the various Messiahs standing on pedastools

People tend to have a need for a leader, someone to provide answers.. someone to have faith in, these voids are always going to be filled by someone willing to play the role.
edit on 27-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

When they returned to continue filming the boy, they heard he had flames bursting from him while the crew was away and other stories such as the boy was bitten by a deadly snake and suffered no adverse effects.
of course the amazing things happen while the crew happens to be away ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Is it role play? or Destiny?
There is a fine line between pagan and Christian

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

What was filmed at the crews absence was amazing in itself.
The old man ate sun.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm going to subscribe to this thread because I find this kid so interesting. I find the whole religion fascinating.

S+F OP, great thread.

Where is he supposed to re-appear in 6 months? What will he bring? Hes been meditating a bloody long time so I hope it was worth it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
S + F great stuff, havnt had time to check out the links but will do it fer sure tonight
jexmo- hilarious avatar!
I feel the same way about alot of my wifes friends.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
I'm going to subscribe to this thread because I find this kid so interesting. I find the whole religion fascinating.

S+F OP, great thread.

Where is he supposed to re-appear in 6 months? What will he bring? Hes been meditating a bloody long time so I hope it was worth it.

I would have to go with Nepal.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here is his message. Not much new here, but you'd be hard pressed to find fault with what he's saying. It's not the message it's the deaf ears it falls on that is the problem.

Homage to Guru Dharma!
Homage to Guru, and Maitri to all religions and communities!
For world peace and to benefit all sentient beings, I’m giving this message of peace to the world with new wisdom and a new method.
I , Dharma Sangha, will continue penance for nine months more. Afterwards, I will teach the wisdom and pure Dharma to those devotees who wander here in search of receiving that which is given to me by the Buddhas. Also I will continue to do meditation and penance.
The wisdom which is given to me by the Buddhas is Bodhi Shrawan Dharma, to which I have listened and understood from the Buddhas themselves, and also by following those paths of wisdom and I will be telling that wisdom according to devotees’ needs and capacity of understanding.

This Dharma is a path, full of the pure Wisdom of the Buddhas. Modern people believe that, Dharma is a principle and institution, and though they have reached the meaning of Dharma closely, they are in fact far from real Dharma.
I believe that those who practice the eight moralities, and understand the real Dharma will practice the pure Dharma.
Eight moralities or rules are:

Not to discriminate against human beings according to their cast, religion, gender or color etc.
Not to humiliate religions by comparing them as superior or inferior.
Not to accept discriminative doctrinal principles.
Not to think of nations as separate or treat countries as friends and enemies.
To avoid debates and arguments as to whether something is true or false as one view will likely be undervalued and another exaggerated.
Not to practice the 10 negative actions.
To practice three training moral discipline, concentration and wisdom and the dedication of your life to social and national services.
To attain perfect enlightenment or dedicate yourself to get liberation for oneself or others.

I would like to tell the world to practice the eight moralities or rules. Practice all the moralities and spread the pure Dharma and peace in the world.
Besides this, I focus on keeping the spiritual Gurus and lay persons away from greed, fame, ignorance and attachment and always focus on attaining perfect happiness and peace for as long as life exists.
Finally, let’s make this world a Dharma world which is very suitable to live in not only for human beings, animals, living creatures, and plants, but also for Buddhas.
May All Beings Be Happy.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

This young man's journey and life has been an interesting one, to be sure. I look forward to his messages when he is done with this particular regimen of meditation.

I can't help but wonder though, if he will have anything new to say that we have not already heard a million times over on how we all should be living our lives. About all that he can do is remind people of what the sages throughout history have been telling us.

Unfortunately very few people listen. If he is able to get through to more of us, and somehow get the message to stick; then his time in the jungle will have been well spent.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

of course the amazing things happen while the crew happens to be away ...

Fortunately, someone else there did get video ..

Fairly impressive 29 minutes if you ask me.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I lost interest when Buddha Boy started to hit people. There were a few local villagers who climbed up the platform where he was meditating and started mimicing him. Because of that he said, they left him and his attendands with no other choice than to beat them.

buddhism.about.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticcuisinart

lol....I call trickery....so he has a wee fire behind him and a wee fire in front of him and he sits between them....creating the illusiuon he is in the fire...oh and when it gets a little too hot he moves away...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
BUMP!
Old thread...but, I just NOW, TODAY, heard of this kid....

would like to open up a new dialogue/study about him.

Has he been proven a 'hoax'? Pretty impressive story.

top topics

join