It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Kogi are the last surviving civilization from the Incas and Aztec WARNING

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is something interesting from ancient civilizations that are STILL HERE.. They are real Incas and Aztecs and have a warning for those of us "little brothers" that are destroying Mother Earth...

Link to Story

The Kogi are the last surviving civilization from the
world of the Inca and Aztec, and their cities are
untouched by our world.

Their spiritual leaders, called Mamos, are raised in complete darkness for their first 18 years,
where they are trained to communicate with ‘"ALUNA’, what they understand to be the governing
forces of the world. They then become Mamos (Enlightened Ones). Some work at remote
places which they call “hot spots”, where they believe living energy pours into the world. They
guard their isolation and secrecy so that they can continue this work. But now they believe their
work has become impossible in the face of our destructive greed, and that the earth itself is on
the edge of apocalyptic collapse.........

Read more and visit the site where on September 22, 2010 you can hear Mamos
Jacinto Zarabata LIVE HERE

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments By Colin Andrews:

Nineteen years ago I watched a BBC television documentary which changed significant parts of
my life. The program was called From the Heart of the World: The Elder Brother’s Warning.
The deeply touching and impacting program was presented by Alan Ereira and it showed him
meeting the elders at the entrance to the vine constructed bridge onto the mountain where they
live. The reason the Mamos" called for this urgent and unique meeting was to warn Little
Brother that the snow had stopped falling on their mountain tops, "Mothers Waters" had
stopped flowing and she showed signs of dying. In short they were witnessing signs that
concerned them and they had information they had to convey to the unwise Little Brother.

I did my best to draw attention to their message for many years, where ever I found myself
presenting. My own opinion about the environment and mans part in it, agreed with this
dramatic and heartfelt message from the Kogi and still does.

I was honored to be a member of the welcoming party to meet the Kogi delegation and spend a
day with them along with my wife Synthia when they made the first journey ever off their
mountain to the United States during September 2006. They travelled from Columbia to
Washngton D.C. to voice their concerns to a special group in the city and also at Georgetown
University where these photographs were taken.

I hold the greatest respect for these people. The deep connection they hold with the Earth, the
love they have for its species and its minerals and also their awareness of the life force which
connects us all together. Ive never met more humble and special human-beings.

The Kogi Mamos have returned to speak to The Little Brothers again because they are more
concerned than ever before about the health of Mother Earth and the way we treat her. I am
aware of steps being taken to allow the Mamos to reach a wide audience. This effort begins
tomorrow.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Fascinating story - about to read the link - I love this.

My only question - before reading up properly is - If they have never left their Mountain - How do they know about the way we treat the earth???

Thanks for this - love it! S&F

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Nice story. There are at least several humans who care about the earth and i'm glad about that. I would like to meet them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
After doing a search of the Kogi I ran across this letter stating that in 2000, Dyncorp (yep, Monsanto ) FUMIGATED their land. Below is an excerpt. This is getting me chilled to the bone how Monsanto keeps cropping up! Read on….

COLOMBIA -- About fumigations in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.

I work for a French NGO , "Tchendukua" whose goal is to recuperate land for the Kogi Indians living in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in Colombia.

In 2000 we bought, La Luna, a land, with access to the sea, It was the first time since the Spanish invasion, the Kogis had a low land. They where so happy, full of hope.

At the end of June 2004, La Luna became an " Indigenous Reserve" , a protected area...

The Sierra is also one of the UNESCO's "Biosphere Reserves".

Fifteen days later, on July 17th, a plane from Dyncorp passed only once to fumigate La Luna. That was enough to provoke a complete disaster. Some days ago, I saw the rushes of a second movie we have made on the Kogis.

Now, La Luna is like some places in Asia after the tsunami... I could not believe it.

The Kogis took five years to regenerate the soil, now they will have to wait, at least, five more years to replant. Everything is contaminated and the streams are dry because there are no more trees to retain water. What are they going to eat? What are they going to drink? Where to go? Tchendukua's director in Santa Marta organized some time ago with the Kogis and the farmers around, the eradication of coca by hand. There was no coca in La Luna.

It is impossible that your sophisticated planes are unable to detect Indians villages.

In the movie there is a scene with a Kogi shaman sitting in front of his house, in the middle of the devastation. He is crying.

www.rense.com...

info. on lawsuit:
www.counterpunch.org...
edit on 27-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What can I do? I do not own these large energy consuming, earth polluting companies. What is it I can do? I can stop driving. How much does that help? My neighbor still has 4. I can tell him to stop. But how much will he listen and how much does one more driver do? These companies are destroying this world quicker than you or I could fix it. Even if they stopped. At this point, we hope the world makes it, and the next generation of "adams and eves" learn the lesson.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
They are truly the "lone voice in the wilderness". They have resisted for too long and have beliefs that are in complete opposition to the interests of greedy and corrupt corporations, so of course they must be punished for speaking out. Just like in North America during the Native genocide, "The only good Injun, is a dead Injun".

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Just so people know, the Mayan's didn't die out with the arrival of the Spanish - there are still seven million Mayas living in modern-day Mexico and areas of central America.

Also the Inca didn't die out - Inca cultural traditions remain strong among surviving indigenous descendants, such as the Quechua and Aymara people.

edit on 27/5/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Anyway, to get back on track with the spirit of the Kogi’s, here is a poem reflecting their ideals.

www.theelderbrother.com...

Earth Mother Dancing
‘You say you care for Mother Earth
Her sky, her water, the land.
With sad eyes I see the abuse.
When will you make a stand?
We all know of the need for clean water.
On it all life depends.
But already much damage has been done.
This is not something easy to mend.
Do not think the desert is useless.
There lives the lizard, the goanna, the snake.
Mother Earth was not made just for you.
Each creature, each plant, has its place.
Leave the scrub and the wallum.
Of this you may not be aware
It is home to the wombat, the possum, the roo.
They die if the land is made bare.
Treat with respect the forests.
Leave them and let them grow tall.
A little of Mother Earth dies,
Each time a tree falls.
Make sure you care for all children.
They are the future you see.
I see hunger, the bruises, the tears.
This is not the way it should be.
So go back to the old people and the elders,
Listen to the stories and Lore.
Learn from their wisdom and knowledge.
Repeat not the mistakes made before.
Now is the time to consider,
The things we do that are wrong.
The prejudice, violence, destruction and lies.
And to leave these things and go on.
Now is the time for you to decide,
That you alone will stand.
Not to be judged by those around you,
But by what is left of this land.
Bindi 2000

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
Here is something interesting from ancient civilizations that are STILL HERE.. They are real Incas and Aztecs

Hang on. They live in Colombia and are real Incas and Aztecs? That's like saying the modern British are real ancient Greeks and Egyptians.

The Incas lived in Peru. The Aztecs in Mexico. This tribe is unrelated to either. Though they are descended from the pre-Colombian Tairona culture.

You really shouldn't fall for all this new age mumbo jumbo. The donation button alone should have set the BS alarms ringing.

(btw I understand that the Kogis farm using slash and burn techniques - not exactly environmentally friendly, especially in a rain forest!)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

We are in an Interglacial Period the planet is supposed to be warming its been doing this since 18,000-16,000 years ago way before humans industrial revolution. We may be headed for another Ice Age soon.

Time will tell.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The only lesons to take from an extinct or extincting civilization/culture is what thought processes lead to extinction. They have them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I do not argue with the greed and selfishness thingy. Hard to argue. But i fail to understand why Inca and Aztec civilizations (you know, with rich emperors and poor subjects,slaves, cutting out hearts, crushing foes ,conquering nations. The usual.) have something better to suggest.
Kogi ideas might be ok.Despite me being suspicious of "mysterious energies known only to respected chosen who keep it secret" and ctr. They still might have good ideas. Why they feel the need to sell those ideas to public hiding behind similarily flawed only weaker civilizations - beats me. Pyramids building is not that kind to forest too,as far as i see it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The only lesons to take from an extinct or extincting civilization/culture is what thought processes lead to extinction. They have them.

Yes, they have love of the earth, love for all creatures, respect for planet earth and mother nature, and an abhorrence of violence.

So, we need to look at the thought processes of people who want to extinguish such values, because they are the virus which is destroying our planet, our animals and our people. They are the problem which needs to be resolved.
edit on 27-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Yes, they have love of the earth, love for all creatures, respect for planet earth and mother nature, and an abhorrence of violence.

They are systematically destroying the rainforest through their primitive slash and burn farming and have as much to do with the Inca and Aztecs as the Inuit or indeed the British.

Okay, there are worse people and one might argue that what they do to Mother Earth is not so bad as many others. But they are environmentalists in the same way I'm a Nazi from Mars.

You've been conned.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by wcitizen

They are systematically destroying the rainforest through their primitive slash and burn farming and have as much to do with the Inca and Aztecs as the Inuit or indeed the British.

Okay, there are worse people and one might argue that what they do to Mother Earth is not so bad as many others. But they are environmentalists in the same way I'm a Nazi from Mars.

You've been conned.

Pretty much the whole world has been conned, but not by these people. I would choose them before I'd choose any of those banksters or gangster politicians, oligarchs who lie, murder, plunder and destroy as much as they can every minute of every day.

The rainforest lived and thrived for thousands of years, whilst meeting the needs of the indigenous populations.
I'm well aware who is destroying it.... deliberately for greed and money and control and the lust for destruction and death.

edit on 27-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join