It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is F***ed UP! - Man Kills Wife With Chainsaw in Weird Accident!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Man's chainsaw tumble kills wife
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- A British man was being treated for shock on Wednesday after he fell from a ladder while pruning trees, accidentally killing his wife with his chainsaw, police said.

The 56-year-old man, who has not been named, was cutting back tree branches at his home in southeast London on Monday when he tumbled backwards from the ladder.

The running chainsaw crashed down onto the neck of his wife, who was working in the garden below him.

"The woman was killed instantly, although she was not decapitated," police said in a statement. "Her husband was taken to hospital. He is still being treated for shock."

A police spokesman said the incident was being treated as a "tragic accident."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Is it just me...or isnt a chainsaw supposed to stop spinning when you let go of the trigger?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It was probably the impact that killed her. Unless it was a really old chain saw, I doubt it was still spinning.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Is it just me...or isnt a chainsaw supposed to stop spinning when you let go of the trigger?

Yeah they're supposed to. But in the article it said that the chainsaw was still running. So I dunno. Anyways a pretty tragic accident nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
ohhhhh Nasty :shk:
If it was still spinning, it wouldn't of been a pretty sight

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hes getting some fat insurance money....... But really that would drive me nutts knowing I killed my wife, and I didnt mean to do it.

[Edited on 6-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yep this has been in the UK papers today they say the man is almost going out of his mind with greif,

This is a very awfull thing to have happened, I really feel for this man, he must feel like his whole world has just fell around him,

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Shock Therapy. He needs all the therapy he can get. My god, a life shattered into ruins. How can anyone make peace with themselves after something like that? Feel very sorry for the guy.

top topics

join