It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog with two broken legs finds owner after storm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Most people would probably give up or whine about it so bad that they drive everybody nuts.

Bull#
A lot of people, especially when in danger and high on adrenaline can do a lot of crazy things despite having broken bones and whatnot. There are enough stories ranging from sports to disaster victims and what those people were able to do, overcoming broken bones and unbelievable injuries.

And that's why i hate such stories: It's another chance for those idiotic animal lovers to bring out the hate they have against humans (themself basically).

That Dog just followed it's instincts. Nothing special, because all animals work on instincts and not intelligence or rational thinking, they aren't even able to think.
Besides, dogs are ugly, stupid creatures and basically pussified wolves. Wolves are cool, Dogs suck and they don't even taste good

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I heard this story on the news today. Totally amazing to say the least! That poor dog. What a happy ending though.
I'd seriously pamper him for the rest of his doggy life!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
amazing story! What a great animal.. dogs are so devoted, this story just proves it

2nd line

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great story!

Glad he made it, its terrible that he had to suffer for two weeks with those broken legs. I wonder how he got food though.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I love this story. Last year I put my stafford down and it was like someone ripped my heart out. We had a bond that ran as deep as anything I have ever felt for a human. Dogs are amazing creatures. here is an article that talks about how dogs and their owners can share emotions. I bet that dog in the OP was just as desperate to find his owners as they were to find him.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just more evidence that dogs love and care for people more than many people do. I would rather be a "DOG" than some of the people I know..and just one of them is Barney Frank.....He comes out of the hind end of a dog.....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What a brilliant story. Dogs are fantastic aren't they. Just love them. Can't believe he went all that time with broken legs and didn't give up getting home. The loyalty and love dogs show to their family is amazing.

His family must have been so worried for him. I'm very glad it turned out so well for them and the Dog.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This just goes to prove that we and others have no boundaries when it comes to living.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thank you all for commenting. I have been pretty busy today.

Instead of replying to everyone, saying I agree, I just gave you all a star.

It is nice to hear (or read) a good story once in a while.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Most people would probably give up or whine about it so bad that they drive everybody nuts.

This quote is actually quite ironic. A real 'whine' is a noise that a dog is more likely to make than a person! Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and this is a great story, but dogs are just as likely to whine about things as people. I've known dogs to whine because you won't let them sit right next to the heater! Dogs have personalities, and some of them complain pretty damn well for having no voice!

Just thought I'd put some perspective on the whole 'animals are better people than people' argument. In my opinion animals are just like people. They're capable of doing some awesome things, but they're capable of being jerks too.

No truer words spoken. I am an avid dog lover. I put a lot of faith in their abilities. However, there are just some dogs that are useless and, as you so correctly put it, jerks.
One could always put most of the blame on the owners, because thats where domestic dogs get their dominate traits from. Just take a look around. Pathetic people raise pathetic dogs. Dogs tend to adopt many of their masters traits, so if you are a douchebag, then you dog will likely follow suit.

However, in this particular case...I am very impressed with this pooch and the sheer will displayed to get home. It reminds me of that Labrador in New Orleans. After Katrina did her thing and the floods hit, they were collecting animals left behind. This lab was found and started swimming towards the people calling, but then a man was having trouble making the swim and the dog turned without hesitation to go help him swim the rest of the way. It wasnt the dogs master, but the dog just knew he needed help. It was caught on video and is one of those greatest moments ever caught on camera.

Yay Dogs.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
this makes me cry.
so happy to see the dog made it home.
and that the owners pop't back!
if they had not gone back for 4 weeks!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Yay Dogs.

except for earlier today. I gave the dog a bath. I have to wash him two times. I am drying my hands and I look out the window to see my dog running by. He ran right to the muddy part of the yard and started rolling around in it. my daughter(5) let him out. I was pretty upset.

<< 1   >>

join