It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope's ``pedophilia advisor`` gets arrested... for pedophilia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

How juvenile! It's not that " this whole paedophilia thing in the catholic church is getting worse" just that the media hysteria about it is getting worse (somewhat like the reporting of the FIFA bribery 'scandal'

Good grief..you calling others juvenile??
I wouldn't call people actually feeling empowered to talk about abuse..media hysteria. I think also the church doesn't have such power over the media as it once did perhaps.

As far as it getting worse...I think it was horrendous..many years ago..and many priests and nuns were pure evil.
It is still a huge problem..and some day the WHOLE truth will come out .

Wake up Vicky ..you are defending many criminals , disguising themselves as shepherds in their flock. You may not know it yet, but you will realize it someday.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well I'm not excusing those sickos behavior...

But wouldn't cases of pedophilia go down if priests were allowed to have sex and get married?

I know there would still be pedophilia cases, but it would go down IMO.

I haven't looked at the statistics, but there's probably way less pedophilia in the protestant church since they can have sex and marry so there's no time/way that their brains turn into jello and somehow creates the sickness of loving kids sexually.

Or am I in the left field? (which it seems I am according to most people on this thread
)
edit on 27-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I always love your thought provoking and well researched posts.
I think your reasoning is a little off though. Pedophilia in the church will only go down when the punishment is severe enough to deter the crime. Life in prison with no parole for the Pedo Priests and multi-million dollar fines for the Vatican for their part in the whole mess.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

EDIT: OK it seems I'm very wrong about letting priest marry would reduce the number of pedophilia acts in priesthood... so what do you suggest to reduce pedophilia in religion? Difficulty : You can't abolish religion.
castrate them! its the only sure fire way of stopping pedophilia

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

EDIT: OK it seems I'm very wrong about letting priest marry would reduce the number of pedophilia acts in priesthood... so what do you suggest to reduce pedophilia in religion? Difficulty : You can't abolish religion.

Great idea but... That would be another 'unnatural' ! .... oh the irony !

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Great idea but... That would be another 'unnatural' ! .... oh the irony !
they really don't need them though ....right?I mean according to the Catholic church their not suppose to be engaging in any type of sex,so if they cannot have self control and if they truly believe they are to be celibate...take them off end of problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join