It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any EMS workers on here or other health care providers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am curious if there are any other people on here that are EMS/health care employees. I am a paramedic and i think it would be cool to get to know some others in the same field to talk about stuff that others who are not in the field would probably not really care about. Hope to see some of you soon.

I just realized i should probably include anyone in the medical field just so I dont hurt anyones feelings.
edit on 27-5-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: add stuff

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I'm an ER nurse.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Brother!!!! Darn skippy there is! I was wondering that myself. I'm a paramedic in Toronto, on nights and "ATS'ing" Between calls. I thought I was alone until one of my partners turned the am/fm to Coast2coast am one night and we got talking. Thanks for the post!!! Keep safe and think of all the overtime we'll get in 2012 :p !! I think there's more medics on to this stuff than we think!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MEDIC1701

Nice to meet you. I work in Minnesota, love coast to coast, and i am seriously considering taking the month of december off in 2012.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

Works for me. Nice to meet you. Are you comfortable saying what state or country you work in?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Great to meet ya. Hope your home with your feet up and a cold beer in hand
I'm not booking a few vacation days in case things start getting hairy
It's hard to navigate this on my iPhone, I've been lurking on ATS for probably about 6 months or so, not terribly familiar with the user features, but if u wanna chat feel free! And Im in Toronto, Canada
edit on 27-5-2011 by MEDIC1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have been a paramedic for 16 years, with a critical care endorsement for the last 7 of those. I'm only working limited part time at the moment due to a medical issue.
Currently in Montana, but originally from South Carolina, and have worked in both places.
edit on 27-5-2011 by webpirate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I even just noticed your mood was the same as mine a couple weeks ago.....we still both have Floyd listings though..lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hi there, its great to meet you. I'm not with EMS or a Paramedic, but I am an Optician and I fall right in line with healthcare providers. Feel free to ask me any questions you like, I'm open to great conversation.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bolomk22

That works
Glad to meet you. I see your pretty new to site too, what do you think so far?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I have been a medic for 4 years, and yes i love pink floyd

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Who DOESNT love pink floyd?!!!

...So THAT'S what they're spraying??!!!

NDM-1 ? ... Anybody ?? Anbody??

Watching it on RSOE EDIS, Toronto (Where I work) now is listed with a Red Bio-Hazard flag for NDM-1...sigh....I hope this is over with before my nights on Friday.....Sars really.....really sucked. I gotta a couple funny stories.

I dropped my partner off (In uniform, in the ambulance) after a shift at his car dealership to pick up his wheels from repair, and I watched the manager literally run out from the back, covering his mouth like he had the plauge and was pumping his arm at him yelling at him to get out. I dont know how he thought he was going to get his car, but he really didnt care. My partner had to phone the guy on his cell (while looking at him through the glass) and "negotiate the release of his car". Finally a mechanic drove it out and ran away.

One restaurant near a hospital we always go had a sign that said "NO HEALTH-CARE WORKERS"

People were that scared.

We wore a gown and a mask and the stupid safety glasses (2 gowns and double gloves at the height of it by protocol)...on calls and you would walk through the mall and it was literally like moses parting the red sea.

Strange times indeed.

Not saying that's where this is going....just fond memories
lol.....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm the guy that fixes your IT stuff in the healthcare field so i'm not sure if I would consider myself included in this group but working with healthcare professionals for the past 5 years have been the best years of my professional career.

Keep up the great work

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MEDIC1701
Who DOESNT love pink floyd?!!!

One restaurant near a hospital we always go had a sign that said "NO HEALTH-CARE WORKERS"

That's the kind of place I would go to every day in uniform. If refused service, then I would just "stage" in their parking lot until called. But..that's also why I am usually in frequent trouble...

If it were me, I would rather have healthcare workers in there than random people off the streets when it came to something like that. At least most healthcare workers are way more familiar with hand washing procedures than most!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Im a PSW... and im working towards my nursing degree...

Just thought i'd say hello

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
[more Thanks for responding, I am new to ATS and I have found the site unique and very informative. The knowledge of some of the posters astounds me, while the moronity of others also astounds me. I will look forward to reading to posting when I have met the requirements and I will always enjoy reading new posts.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bolomk22

Moronity...gonna have to remember that word! Thanks for that!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

My pleasure and I hope to hear from you again.

new topics

top topics

join