It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Made a VID of Yesterday's Tornado/Storm outbreak in Missouri..dont laugh :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I made a short video of the tornado/storms yesterday in central Missouri. Short, because my dang batteries went dead right at the climax!!! Anyway..I had enough juice to shoot a couple more still pics of the tornado..at the end of the vid is the damage it caused just north of us in Sedalia, Missouri.
Dont laugh..Im a noob at making vids..but I'll get better

edit on May 26th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fixed embed

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
great..now i cant get the vid to show..sighs

Did it this time?

Isnt it v= and the link...the first one i posted just the = and the link..oh god..did they change it all on me!

Ooops..my bad...sorry..disregard this post..

edit on 26-5-2011 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The first video shows........

Personally,I would be indoors,if I knew of an oncoming tornado.MHO. Second,good video. I feel for those who lose loved ones in storms. Just sooo quick,and deadly. Life turned upside down in a heartbeat. Stay safe.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
The first video shows........

Personally,I would be indoors,if I knew of an oncoming tornado.MHO. Second,good video. I feel for those who lose loved ones in storms. Just sooo quick,and deadly. Life turned upside down in a heartbeat. Stay safe.

I know it's safer being in a shelter somewhere..but then..who would get footage for you to see!

I also feel for everyone..I still have family and friends missing in Joplin..its my home town. I feel that if i can get information to help save lives..then...so be it!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Well now I feel even more hurt....
So you have family missing? My prayers to you and all those missing as well.

I hear over 200 plus are STILL missing. Its very sad.

Did the storm you filmed produce alot of damage? Do the homes in your area,have cellars,basements? I always wanted to ask.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Well now I feel even more hurt....
So you have family missing? My prayers to you and all those missing as well.

I hear over 200 plus are STILL missing. Its very sad.

Did the storm you filmed produce alot of damage? Do the homes in your area,have cellars,basements? I always wanted to ask.

Oh..hon..im sorry.its not YOUR fault..didnt mean to make you feel bad...and ty for the prayers..that's all Ive been doing for days now.
Yes..one of my best friends..unaccounted for..and my ex in laws..I know some people wouldnt call that family, but it's my son's grandparents..so yes..family.
The storm did produce some damage..that's the still photos at the end of the video..in Sedalia Missouri. No deaths..thankfully. It touched down briefly at our walmart..(what is it with tornadoes and Walmart??) and went back up. To clarify..Rolla Missouri is VERY hilly..there is almost no level roads in this town, and I think that's why we are spared alot..just my theory.
Most of the homes in this area are older...so not alot of basements..although the newer homes have them..I dont have a basement either..but a block down the road for me is a laundry mat in the basement of a Quick Stop..there were 40 people there yesterday,according to my friend that works there...lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You know, just reading the words "Don't laugh" always makes me laugh.

That being said; tornados are the most beautiful and yet terrifying things on Earth. Awe-inspiring.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
You know, just reading the words "Don't laugh" always makes me laugh.

That being said; tornados are the most beautiful and yet terrifying things on Earth. Awe-inspiring.

LOL..i know..but i feel silly cuz im not good at making vids yet..i say YET..cuz Im sure not giving up
...you are right..until you are IN one

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you.

You did good.

s and f

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I've been in one... had to have an internal war to keep myself from crawling out of my hole to have a look.

Where I live now is kind of a honey spot, and we hardly get any tornados. Most of them happen to the east toward the center of the state, while the foothills and mountains to the west seem to break up any harsh winds, keeping them in check.
Kind of disappointing. I've got a new flip camera and everything, and I was out of state when our big tornado outbreak happened this spring.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

I've been in one... had to have an internal war to keep myself from crawling out of my hole to have a look.

Where I live now is kind of a honey spot, and we hardly get any tornados. Most of them happen to the east toward the center of the state, while the foothills and mountains to the west seem to break up any harsh winds, keeping them in check.
Kind of disappointing. I've got a new flip camera and everything, and I was out of state when our big tornado outbreak happened this spring.

LOL>.i can see you doing that..good visual..anyway..yes..like my town, Rolla..lots of hills..tornadoes come..but they dont stay..or..it could be that Chuck Norris lives somewhere close?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Thank you.

You did good.

s and f

TY dear..appreciate it..even tho im kinda rolling my eyes..lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Unless you are doing standup comedy I won't laugh and still might not.
What you have done was very kind and brave, chronicling a natural disaster for those of us who are lucky enough not to have been there to see.
Star and flag.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Unless you are doing standup comedy I won't laugh and still might not.
What you have done was very kind and brave, chronicling a natural disaster for those of us who are lucky enough not to have been there to see.
Star and flag.

Well ty..the laughing part was about how crappy the vid was..but..yes I do stand up..or at least I could.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
More poop weather again today in joplin..and heading our way...guess it never ends

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wow..just wow..words cant describe this video, guys.

new topics

top topics

join