It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN CONFIRMS That The Bible As We Know It Has Been GROSSLY Mistranslated!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Came across with this video im here to share and i want your thoughts as to what the hell is happening between real scriptures and phony translators? I guess they didn't use glasses them days did they
.What do you think?

edit on 26-5-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by solid007

There is no way to MISTRANSLATE GOD!!! Even if they were BLIND while translating, they can SEE CLEARLY through the lens of the HOLY SPIRIT!!!

(trying to look like a christian here, did I do enough caps and exclamation points?)
edit on 26-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well of course the bible is grossly mistranslated. People read into it much much more than the writers intended, at least in my opinion. Even if the writers believed it to be the word of God, the way people twist what it reads in order to fit whatever they are preaching or aiming for at the moment is almost criminal. Look at the May 21st prediction. Even if it was complete and utter crap, Camping "translated" the Bible in a way to fit what he was doing. I don't believe there are words to describe the Mistranslation that has occured even at the highest levels of the Christian church.

Purgatory is mentioned nowhere in the Bible, yet it is a staple of Catholicism.

edit on 26-5-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by solid007

There is no way to MISTRANSLATE GOD!!! Even if they were BLIND while translating, they can SEE CLEARLY through the lens of the HOLY SPIRIT!!!

(trying to look like a christian here, did I do enough caps and exclamation points?)
edit on 26-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

This is a huge leap of faith because now you just have to trust that everyone who has ever written a bible have had the holy spirit of EVERY MOMENT while writing the bible, and I doubt people stay that connected in each second of their life. As a human there are times that will we feel unhappy, sad, angry, hate, and disconnect from holy spirit so how can you just trust that they were with the holy spirit of every second of that writing?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
My first thought is that this is NOT CNN confirming anything. This is from a CNN Ireport. Anyone can post something there. You or me, even.... So, it is not CNN confirming anything.

Another thought is that I can't find anything about their methods on how they reached the conclusions they did... They seem to just be making a very general statement.

This is their website.
www.thechronicleproject.org...

I am not seeing any of the " newly translated" text on there. If I am missing it please point it out to me. I would be interested to read it, I will admit.

This site here, has a quote that seems to have been from their website, claiming that it is NOT a translation.

What We Have Discovered
The following work, is NOT a translation.
Rather it is the application of the newly discovered Self Defining Hebrew or SDH system which was built into the ancient Hebrew language by its creator(s).
1. It is capable of defining a word from its revealed concept, because each letter in the Hebrew language has been found to be its own seperate word (see prime glyph set on translating page) and so a complete description of an item has been found to be in what was once thought of as a single word.

2. Once that word has been properly divided and defined, that definition applies to every placement of it in a text. One word, one definition, unlike standard translations which can use up to 84 different words for a single Hebrew word, because the initial definition is in error.

3. Each word, can now be properly defined, even by a beginner with minimal help, thus speeding up the learning curve. Remember though, this site has only just begun and it is an ongoing work which will be posted as completed.

4. Due to the fact each word has a visible definition from its own description, doctrinal pressures can no longer sway the translation.

This discovery is not intended to create a new sect or division. It is intended only for the purpose of revealing the Hebrew texts as close to it's original form as we can.

www.bordeglobal.com...

So make of it what you will.... CNN is not confirming anything... And, for some reason it seems they do not have the alternate translation on their site at the moment....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

Actually I believe the Vatican recently reneged on the belief in purgatory.

Just goes to show you how religious leaders can change whatever they want about the religion to suit the times and their own preferences.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorry, i should of stated 3rd person !

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Well of course the bible is grossly mistranslated. People read into it much much more than the writers intended, at least in my opinion. Even if the writers believed it to be the word of God, the way people twist what it reads in order to fit whatever they are preaching or aiming for at the moment is almost criminal. Look at the May 21st prediction. Even if it was complete and utter crap, Camping "translated" the Bible in a way to fit what he was doing. I don't believe there are words to describe the Mistranslation that has occured even at the highest levels of the Christian church.

Purgatory is mentioned nowhere in the Bible, yet it is a staple of Catholicism.

edit on 26-5-2011 by isthisreallife because: (no reason given)

The purgatory (as the name implies) is a place of purification before you go to heaven - and is present in all major religions, not only Catholicism.

Thats why you pray for the dead btw... and its concept predates "modern religions" itself. Its your chance to "help the dead find the right way"... its not "exclusive" of any religion, but a very ancient tradition. The word itself of course only showed up in the middle ages, but for instance in Christianity its concept can be traced a far as the year 200. But like I said before, it has an ancient background that predates known religions.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Try clicking on "Books" on the left menu and a drop down list appears. Every thing keeps getting repeated. Broken and not congruent. Might take a few readings to get the general gist. I skimmed the first book and part of the second. Basicly, talks about creating the waters below and above. kinda interesting.

edit on 27-5-2011 by ogbert because: spelling

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I am not seeing any of the " newly translated" text on there. If I am missing it please point it out to me. I would be interested to read it, I will admit.

just for reference... menu on the left of their site under Books..

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's very true. In fact many people use the Bible (The Vatican, Born Again Christian leaders like Lahaye) used the Bible for money scams and to wage Holy War (Christian style Jihad)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Keep in mind, this is ireport.cnn
which means, user content (already flagged and under review)..so no, this isnt going to be mainstream too soon.

I do like the chronicle project though...total aliens dude!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Reported previously (and moved to Religious forum).

As stated, this isn't a news report. It's a blog by one of the people involved in the project.

Closing because of duplicate thread.

top topics

join