It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay rights law in Illinois forces Diocese to to end adoption services.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ill. Diocese Ends Adoptions Over Gay Rights Law

They could not come to an agreement. Would gay or lesbian couples really be that hurt for not being able to adopt from a Catholic adoption service?

Seems the Diocese tried to come to some agreement with the state.

Catholic Charities wanted to be allowed to refer unmarried or gay couples to other agencies.

I think it would have been fair if they were allowed to continue with the programs despite not allowing gay or unmarried couples to adopt as long as they referred them to other agencies that would. I mean, knowing the stance and beliefs the Catholic church has on gay or unmarried couples as far as family according to the church, why would someone even try to challenge the beliefs? unless it was a blatant attempt to stir up controversy.

I think the problem with the issue in this particular scenario is the whole separation of church and state, and when the state is to regulate certain aspects that have to cross over to the domain of the church, well it's where things get tangled up. I believe at least the Diocese tried to come to a fair agreement. And I feel these situations add more fuel to the whole gay rights fire.

Not just because I do not agree with the whole Gay rights movement, but even if I was, I believe I would side with the Diocese on this one.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's pretty much reasonable in some Catholic orphanages the Priest actually sexually abuse young little boys

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
It's pretty much reasonable in some Catholic orphanages the Priest actually sexually abuse young little boys

And your point is...?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Inasmuch as I can understand you (!) all I can say is "you're fantasing" and your remark is not even relevant.
My question is, why do you want to believe what you (apparently) said? Does the idea get your motor running?
V.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
What we need to question is the integrity of the Church if they would rather the Child not have a home at all than be with parents whose sexlife is, for whatever reason, a matter of controversy. The biggest difference concerning parenting between Mom & Dad and Dad & Dad is that Mom & Dad are more prone to be perpetrators of physical abuse.

....But I guess when you have a harem of little boys that you molest, you have to make the public think that you think "homosexuality is immoral".

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't feed the troll, starwarsisreal is just trolling. Completely off topic. That's why I didn't respond to his comment. (I wanted to though)

To me this is more of an issue regarding the loss of a service despite other services being available for gay or unmarried couples. Nothing to do with child abusers which can be found EVERYWHERE, all churches, schools etc... seems like someone is getting arrested every other day for abusing a child who was left in their care, but that is a completely different topic.

ETA: TheOrangeBrood is also trolling.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
I wouldn't feed the troll, starwarsisreal is just trolling. Completely off topic. That's why I didn't respond to his comment. (I wanted to though)

To me this is more of an issue regarding the loss of a service despite other services being available for gay or unmarried couples. Nothing to do with child abusers which can be found EVERYWHERE, all churches, schools etc... seems like someone is getting arrested every other day for abusing a child who was left in their care, but that is a completely different topic.

ETA: TheOrangeBrood is also trolling.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

I fully agree...
As my signature is trying to indicate, sports coaches are the # 1 molesters, especially here..
V.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Sorry to be the semantic police, but that was more of an pseudo-"ad hominem" joke than anything...

...Trolling? Those two of yours were actually the most deconstructive posts on this thread... remember how my post is the only one on topic so far?

So... what are Catholics arguments against adoption to Gay parents? What would happen if "Atheist" adoption centers outright refused to offer children to religious people?

How about getting to the freaking point that is ultimately: ISN'T THIS ABOUT FINDING FOOD AND SHELTER FOR KIDS?

I think you'd have to be crazy to think that denying a child a productive home and loving family somehow gives you moral highground over anything.
edit on 27-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The Church has every right to discriminate when it comes to actual church-related services. But if they are offering help with STATE services (such as adoption and foster care) they are not allowed to discriminate. It's the law. Yes, the church, in all its glory, must STILL follow the law of the land.

It's fine with me if the church CHOOSES not to participate in adoption because it's a state service and the state does not permit the discrimination the church so loves. They are not being "forced" to do anything, however. They have a choice.

new topics

top topics

join