It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 8
39
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta
 


We went into those countries to get control of the resources & for no other reason.
Freedom, my ass!




posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by playswithmachines
reply to post by Adyta
 


We went into those countries to get control of the resources & for no other reason.
Freedom, my ass!


Uh Yep.

If Saddam hadn't been so arrogant and defiant - - - switching oil from the dollar to the euro. He might still be living in his mansions.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
reply to post by meathed
 



What is it about these Muslim countries????????


By 'these Muslim countries', I assume you mean this Muslim country?

No you assume incorrectly, i meant most, if not all muslim coountries, you know all those under Islam.


No, it goes to show how primitive and backward thinking is in that particular country.. Women can drive in most Muslim countries. Saudi is not representative of the majority of Muslim countries, I thought this had been established.


Yes Saudi's DO represent most Muslim countries.

And ,WOW, women can drive in most muslim countries,,,,, well so what, they can't do much else without a man telling them what to do though.
They only thing that has been established is that Islam is a backward thinking religion designed to oppress it's people just like all mordern religions.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Yes Saudi's DO represent most Muslim countries.


Ahm, nope. In fact, SA adheres to an extreme form of Wahabism, which accounts for as low as 1% (and I am being generous here) of adherents in all other countries. That is: All countries with a muslim majority are to 90% sunni (classical sunni mainstream islam), maybe 7-8% shia, then 1%-3% shared between several sects like wahabi, alevi, etc.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi
 


They may be technically a different sect than the rest, but the ideology is similar either way. Extremist views are common in middle east, often in majority.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by burntheships
 


What is it about these Muslim countries????????
It just goes to show how primative and backward thinking that part of the world really is.
Yet western countries wont say a word in disgust about Saudi arabia as we want their oil. This world is sick


Judging by what you said, i am led to believe that you have a very limited understanding of the muslim culture,

NO, i have a great understanding of the muslim cuture, hence my statement, they are primative and backwards thinking.


the real reason for this is not just because they are a primitive, backward thinking civilization, its just that they take everything a bit too far, the reason for women not driving is not because they believe it to be a thing of the devil, its because just like arabic women are only allowed to wear the traditional dress in saudi arabia because they feel that it is disrespectful to the parents of the women if she were to wear westernized clothes, its just the same in saudi arabia, single women are not allowed into shopping malls, because of various reasons but not because they are primitive. penalties in saudi arabia are very different to other muslim countries


You just re-enforced my Backwards thinking and primative statement.



e.g if you steal a packet of chewing gum in Saudi Arabia, you get your finger chopped off if caught. its just so that people do not do bad things or wear revealing clothes etc. i assume that the reason for driving is because they believe that it should be the man who provides and labors for the family or so that she doesn't get pulled over by a bystander and raped or along the lines of... im not too sure, but i can tell you that for those of you who think this is custom for all muslim countries you are WRONG.


Backwards primative thinking AGAIN.


I live in Dubai, which is also a muslim country, I do not believe in the Saudi laws, however i can tell you that Dubai and other muslim countries do not share the same laws as Saudi Arabia.

Not all laws , just most , hey???? especially the laws that oppress women and their equal rights.


And before you say i only meant saudi arabia read the first and second line of your quote.


No you read correctly , I meant most muslim countries, so dont go to correct me thanks.


and before you say only defending because your muslim..... Im Christian, i just happen to live there and have a better understanding than those who dont.... (not intending to be harmful to anyones feelings but just stating back, just as who ever reads this will have a better understanding of where they live than i will).

I dont care to what barbaric religion you label yourself as, it still wont change what i think and what i see and say about all religions.


So research before you judge, or visit before you judge.


I have reaseached and been to several muslim countries (including Dubai) on holiday and business, so i stand by my thoughts and words, so you do some research before you comment.
So to me islam will always be a barbaric and primative religion.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
thats right those women don't need you. i think we should start giving those women guns to start offing those monsters.


I am a woman , I drive a car and I pack a handgun.
I think that I can take care of myself.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed
 


Religion in general is barbaric and primitive.

But, having said that, you should also realize that these are countries full of real people whose opinions matter as much as yours does, more so in fact within the borders of their own lands. What Westerners see as oppression and subjugation of women, many in the Middle East see it not only as natural but as morally right. Nobody says we have to agree with them, but our ideas about "freedom" and "equality" are as alien to many of these people as their ideas about Sharia Law are to us.

It isn't for us to dictate to anyone else in the world how they ought to organize or run their societies. Social change may be warranted, but if it is then it is necessarily the people living in those countries who must rise up and institute that change. If the people themselves don't do it, then it can't be done properly at all. That's not because our ideas are wrong but because they are foreign to them. No matter how much the West prattles on about equality and universal suffrage and Human Rights, none of it means anything until the people affected decide to subscribe to those ideas, and forcing them to observe our customs would be as barbaric as their social policies seem to us.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by meathed
Yes Saudi's DO represent most Muslim countries.


Ahm, nope. In fact, SA adheres to an extreme form of Wahabism, which accounts for as low as 1% (and I am being generous here) of adherents in all other countries. That is: All countries with a muslim majority are to 90% sunni (classical sunni mainstream islam), maybe 7-8% shia, then 1%-3% shared between several sects like wahabi, alevi, etc.


SO what?????, Islam is Islam.
Its still a barabaric religion, and dont blame me for thinking so, the muslim extremest are to blame for that



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Its probably just a safety precaution, after all it cant be easy driving and wearing a burqua!



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by meathed
Yes Saudi's DO represent most Muslim countries.


Ahm, nope. In fact, SA adheres to an extreme form of Wahabism, which accounts for as low as 1% (and I am being generous here) of adherents in all other countries. That is: All countries with a muslim majority are to 90% sunni (classical sunni mainstream islam), maybe 7-8% shia, then 1%-3% shared between several sects like wahabi, alevi, etc.


SO what?????, Islam is Islam.
Its still a barabaric religion, and dont blame me for thinking so, the muslim extremest are to blame for that


Why are you on a site that says "deny ignorance?"

Seems like you should move a little closer to Stormfront.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n
 


I think your the one in denial and being ignorant.
My opinon is mine and i dont care what you think.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed
 


Then surely you understand. The Saudis feel exactly the same way about you.



posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A new development in the story...in which Sherif has been released from jail after signing an agreement
that she would drive no more, and cease speaking to reporters!

I shudder to think what her treatment was while she was in jail that would cause her to make such
swift change!



DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A Saudi woman detained for defying the ultraconservative kingdom's ban on female drivers was released Monday after growing international pressure for her freedom, a rights activist said.

The 32-year-old woman, Manal al-Sherif, became the center of a growing Internet campaign that also served to draw attention to plans for a June 17 rally calling for a mass driving protest to challenge the restriction.

The Saudi activist, Waleed Aboul Khair, credited al-Sherif's release on "pressure from inside and outside" Saudi Arabia, which follows an austere brand of Islam known as Wahhabism that is enforced by morality police. www.huffingtonpost.com...



posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
A new development in the story...in which Sherif has been released from jail after signing an agreement
that she would drive no more, and cease speaking to reporters!

I shudder to think what her treatment was while she was in jail that would cause her to make such
swift change!


Its good she was released, but its a shame about the restrictions placed on her.
She was probably beaten into submission and forced to make a quick retraction of her actions and forced to signed the agreement.
Either that or she was beaten mentally into submission.
Either way i bet she was beaten into submission, as per the muslim way.

edit on 31-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed
 




NO, i have a great understanding of the muslim cuture, hence my statement, they are primative and backwards thinking.


Extremely hypocritical statement.



Not all laws , just most , hey???? especially the laws that oppress women and their equal rights.

Example?


No you read correctly , I meant most muslim countries, so dont go to correct me thanks.

Yes, you are incorrect.


I have reaseached and been to several muslim countries (including Dubai) on holiday and business, so i stand by my thoughts and words, so you do some research before you comment.
So to me islam will always be a barbaric and primative religion.


And what? One must engage in a culture to understand it. You've been to moderate and progressive Muslim countries yet you fail to recognise them as such? Perhaps this is because you're so quick to label whole nationalities as 'backwards and primitive'. How many Muslims or Arabs have you ever spoken to frankly about their views? A lot less than me, it seems. I grew up as part of the culture so I can confirm that: you're wrong. Everyone else has already pointed it out - I'm going to state as a fact,

Sorry.. you're wrong.

I would entertain you more, but it seems you have little spare room up there for new perspectives.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
STOP calling a wolf a sheep!!! Period!!!

Another poster stated correctly, religion is a primitive, barbaric, outdated pile of S! Then he proceeded to stray of course with complete inaccuracies about Islam.

Islam is a religion of intolerance and violence. You cant go 10 pages in the Qur'an without reference to killing infidels and non believers !! What is that you say? What about Christians, Catholics and Jews? At least the rest of the religions have evolved right along with humanity.

Anyone that will sit here and "fluff" Islam, like there is nothing wrong with the violence and intolerance, is not being honest with themselves. I understand the notion of loving everyone and looking for the best in people... Sorry!!!! When women are killed for being raped... Female students are poisoned, simply for being a female and learning...

Mohammad preached violence... Period! To say otherwise would be completely WRONG!

The Qur'an, lays out a template for violence against non Muslims, and intolerance for their own people.

Scenario #1 A crowd of people is chasing you....... 75% are angry and want you dead.... 25 % are good people that wish you no harm.... Do you call it a peaceful crowd?

I wonder if the "dancing boys" in the middle east, think Islam is a progressive, peaceful religion?



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
And perhaps all men who do such inhumane things to women be subject to 'retribution' as handed down in other muslim countries - like this guy:

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran

...and these folks are the "peace-loving" religious zealots who strive to dominate the world??? I don't think so.

It will come to MAD (countries turned into glass parking lots) before that (muslim domination) happens.

Instead, how about we all just get along? Is mutual respect such a hard thing to adopt. No wonder ET wants nothing to do with us. They'll just hang out and wait for us to destroy ourselves and our planet. Could be sooner than you think.

Hey, Earth-morons!: GROW UP! EVOLVE! MATURE INTO SOMETHING WORTHY OF THE REST OF THE GALACTIC COMMUNITY!!

Man, I wish I could leave this planet of apes for someplace where everyone strives for the betterment of each other (and their planet). Whipping women for driving? Acid in the eyes? World Wars? Rape - Murder - Genocide? I'm ashamed to be human sometimes...

Heaven on Earth? This ain't it.


edit on 5/29/2011 by Outrageo because: adding tears...




you fail to understand that the reason he is having that done to him is because he blinded and mutilated a woman's face by throwing acid in her face because she didn't want to be with him, so as his punishment he would have the same done to him as he did to her.

See what a one sided argument you have posted by missing out important information. All to back up your own anti-muslim agenda, would you not find the TRUE story acceptable where you live, if a man threw acid in a woman's face he deserves the same. IMO he deserved it, no crime should go unpunished.

You are feeding people false information, people please go research the matter yourself.

Links
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Peace To All



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by burntheships
 


What is it about these Muslim countries????????
It just goes to show how primative and backward thinking that part of the world really is.
Yet western countries wont say a word in disgust about Saudi arabia as we want their oil. This world is sick


Judging by what you said, i am led to believe that you have a very limited understanding of the muslim culture,

NO, i have a great understanding of the muslim cuture, hence my statement, they are primative and backwards thinking.


the real reason for this is not just because they are a primitive, backward thinking civilization, its just that they take everything a bit too far, the reason for women not driving is not because they believe it to be a thing of the devil, its because just like arabic women are only allowed to wear the traditional dress in saudi arabia because they feel that it is disrespectful to the parents of the women if she were to wear westernized clothes, its just the same in saudi arabia, single women are not allowed into shopping malls, because of various reasons but not because they are primitive. penalties in saudi arabia are very different to other muslim countries


You just re-enforced my Backwards thinking and primative statement.



e.g if you steal a packet of chewing gum in Saudi Arabia, you get your finger chopped off if caught. its just so that people do not do bad things or wear revealing clothes etc. i assume that the reason for driving is because they believe that it should be the man who provides and labors for the family or so that she doesn't get pulled over by a bystander and raped or along the lines of... im not too sure, but i can tell you that for those of you who think this is custom for all muslim countries you are WRONG.


Backwards primative thinking AGAIN.


I live in Dubai, which is also a muslim country, I do not believe in the Saudi laws, however i can tell you that Dubai and other muslim countries do not share the same laws as Saudi Arabia.

Not all laws , just most , hey???? especially the laws that oppress women and their equal rights.


And before you say i only meant saudi arabia read the first and second line of your quote.


No you read correctly , I meant most muslim countries, so dont go to correct me thanks.


and before you say only defending because your muslim..... Im Christian, i just happen to live there and have a better understanding than those who dont.... (not intending to be harmful to anyones feelings but just stating back, just as who ever reads this will have a better understanding of where they live than i will).

I dont care to what barbaric religion you label yourself as, it still wont change what i think and what i see and say about all religions.


So research before you judge, or visit before you judge.


I have reaseached and been to several muslim countries (including Dubai) on holiday and business, so i stand by my thoughts and words, so you do some research before you comment.
So to me islam will always be a barbaric and primative religion.



I think you dont like muslim countries because either you got beat up outside a club by a bunch arab teenagers or you staggerd to far in to al qouz and left with a sore bottom.

Why would you want to believe in darkness.
edit on 7-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion
 





I think you dont like muslim countries because either you got beat up outside a club by a bunch arab teenagers or you staggerd to far in to al qouz and left with a sore bottom.


Oh, please. He is just not blind to reality like you are. Muslim countries are full of violent brainwashed extremists, and this comes from an anti-zionist. They live mentally in stone age and routinely support killing innocent people. It is worse than nazism. Here, educate yourself (note Support for Severe Laws):

pewglobal.org...


edit on 7/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join