It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm wondering what the women are doing out of the kitchen in the first place? Perhaps some beatings need to be given to wayward husbands instead!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I'm pretty sure that there isn't a word in Quran about who may and who may not drive a car.
"And then God said - don't let women to drive a car! If they do - whip them with face scarfs."

The problem is not with Islam - the problem is with Islam Fundamentalists who are in power in Saudi Arabia and Iran... The other countries are more liberal towards women rights in general. Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia...

I mean Kyrgyzstan - 80% Muslim and their president is a woman. Still think that Muslim countries are all bad and treat women badly?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Finally my dad and Muslim extremists have something in common: hatred for women drivers. Maybe we don't have to have that Clash of Civilizations after all.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

edit on 28-5-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: because

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
I agree it is disgusting how they treat women there because of a belief system set in place so long ago. This reminds me of a movie i saw once based on a true story called 'not without my daughter' with sally field and alfred molina who as an American woman married to an Arab man visit his country only to have her life ripped from under her, driving her to escape with her daughter under very dire circumstances.

I think also that these Men with such fears of Women also has much to do with their fear of Western Culture. They see how free we are here, and how independant Women are at sustaining without the help of a Man and it scares them to death. These men are Narcissistic and controlling. They are truly mad.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by DuneKnight

Well, I'm not sure about the nudist camps! lol. But I do think if they could see that in other societies, men are around women with exposed hair, tweezed eyebrows, wearing shorts and tee shirts, and are able to CONTROL themselves, lol, they might eventually get the picture. If they should experience some chemistry, then they want to ask her for a date! If they are rejected, then move on to the next.

It's not that big a deal. What's normal for us, seems a monumental leap for those guys.

It's really scary and crazy. A friend of ours who worked for a certain satellite company was given all channels in their home for free, as part of being an employee. The guy had international channels too, some were from over in the middle east. Their television programs mostly depict women being the slave to the husband and his family. She is to serve her husband, his family, have everything perfect for him, and obey. She is not to leave the house without permission, and over there, the man can beat his wife three times in succession legally. If the wife leaves the home without permission, he can go after her and legally beat her all the way home to show dominance and teach her a lesson that she belongs to him. It's worse if these people marry from a lower caste, or position in life.

I've seen enough instances throughout my life where some Muslims feel their religion is the one true way. I've seen people come to this country and move up here in my area, and refuse to be kind or speak to the locals. They snob people because they are "not one of them". They enter their children into our public schools and turn around and want special concessions made for their kids. One couple came up here and put their kids into the country school, and told the school board they would appreciate it if the teacher wore a scarf on her head for their son's class because they didn't want their son defrauded. It didn't happen of course, but this is the attitude they come here with. They have no desire to respect any one else's beliefs, but they want everyone to bow down to theirs.

I don't think these people are terrorists, but I think their religion promotes terrorism and violence against women.
I'm also not one of these people who think they will come in and impose sharia law, but I do see where many come here and want everyone to accept a religion that already teaches intolerance for non Muslims.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
Finally my dad and Muslim extremists have something in common: hatred for women drivers. Maybe we don't have to have that Clash of Civilizations after all.

That's right, cause we all know women are stupid and can't possibly be good drivers right?
Here's a shocker for you, I have zero tickets. Zero. Never been in a wreck. But the jails are full of drunk driving men sitting in the drunk tank every weekend. Amazing that is.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The basics of every religion is to Love and to care for each-other.
The course of development of these religions are made by men. The Holy Books are also made by men and than censored by the diverse religious institutions.
It is the men who have the control who are using the "Books" to commit crimes against other people.
It is all about control, not about religion.
Remember the phrase "We are (Divine Name) fearing (religion)"?
What is there to fear about the One who is all about Love?

Don't blame the religion but the ones who are misusing it for their own benefits.
edit on 28/5/2011 by NeoCharm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

It's really scary and crazy. A friend of ours who worked for a certain satellite company was given all channels in their home for free, as part of being an employee. The guy had international channels too, some were from over in the middle east. Their television programs mostly depict women being the slave to the husband and his family. She is to serve her husband, his family, have everything perfect for him, and obey. She is not to leave the house without permission, and over there, the man can beat his wife three times in succession legally. If the wife leaves the home without permission, he can go after her and legally beat her all the way home to show dominance and teach her a lesson that she belongs to him. It's worse if these people marry from a lower caste, or position in life.

I've seen enough instances throughout my life where some Muslims feel their religion is the one true way. I've seen people come to this country and move up here in my area, and refuse to be kind or speak to the locals. They snob people because they are "not one of them". They enter their children into our public schools and turn around and want special concessions made for their kids. One couple came up here and put their kids into the country school, and told the school board they would appreciate it if the teacher wore a scarf on her head for their son's class because they didn't want their son defrauded. It didn't happen of course, but this is the attitude they come here with. They have no desire to respect any one else's beliefs, but they want everyone to bow down to theirs.

I don't think these people are terrorists, but I think their religion promotes terrorism and violence against women.
I'm also not one of these people who think they will come in and impose sharia law, but I do see where many come here and want everyone to accept a religion that already teaches intolerance for non Muslims.

It's true, i see that as well, and it makes me wonder why these people moved to here in the first place. They must've thought their way of life as most religions i have to say, think they are supreme and special and others must do as they say. You'd never see a Westerner going to their Country trying to pull that because they'd be laughed at whipped or tossed in the slammer. Sometimes, i wonder if this was done purposely by those who push the mixed culture issue. It just seems to me like more Divide and Conquer by those in Power to cause division, race wars, hate and everything else under the sun for them to declare a new order based on their own greed ridden adjendas, because mixing religions and races together, (and i dont mean decent happy people who are together and happen to be black white etc.,not at all) have never really worked in the past and it definately isn't working well now, It will never create peace because of the Media, who keep pushing hate war and disregard for anything good, the color of a persons skinone day, tomorrow something new to sell, and so forth and then there's the arab/muslim nations which is like night compared to Western Society. Everything in this world is backwards upside down unfortunately.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The atrocities that Saudi women go through are never ending, ofcourse the glimpse into the life of the Saudi Woman will show the wealthy ones who say they are happy, yet the way women are treated over there is heart breaking and sickening.
They never leave childhood, they are never even classed as a citizen, their birth and death goes unrecorded.
They can get imprisoned of death sentence for being raped, forced into marriage and have little opportunities to work.

This is what happens when men fear women, when religious doctrine gets used to oppress. I would love for Saudi women to revolt but they have no means to even defend them selves when they do. Prisoners in their own home and country.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What's the link to this facebook page? I can't get it anywhere.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What's the link to this facebook page? I can't get it anywhere.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this but I still find it very funny!

Why do women put up with these outrages?

Personally, I have never learnt to drive as I have never had the money to afford lessons, let alone a car, petrol, tax, insurance, MOT etc, etc, etc.

A relative, female, once said to me that I had lost my freedom! I said to her, how do you afford to buy a car, afford to run it, be constrained by laws and harrassed by cameras, police, other drivers?

I wondered which of us was 'free' as it demands another form of slavery, ie work for someone else, to pay for a car and the so called 'benefits'.

I walk everywhere and sometimes use a bike. However, I would consider myself a true slave if I had to pay for a hunk of metal and waste what was really important, my TIME!

The not going out with a mans consent however, now that really is slavery! Protest against that and perhaps we really will be getting somewhere but it will have to be the women who take a stand against that and so far they haven't because of another form of slavery, mind slavery..............Religion!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
I still find it very funny!

What amuses you?

Why do women put up with these outrages?

It's probably something to do with the threat of physical violence and very few folk effectively standing up for them in asserting their basic human rights.

A relative, female, once said to me that I had lost my freedom! I said to her, how do you afford to buy a car, afford to run it, be constrained by laws and harrassed by cameras, police, other drivers?

I wondered which of us was 'free' as it demands another form of slavery, ie work for someone else, to pay for a car and the so called 'benefits'.

I walk everywhere and sometimes use a bike. However, I would consider myself a true slave if I had to pay for a hunk of metal and waste what was really important, my TIME!

I pretty much mirror your views on automobiles - I've been told by so many friends and family members that it'll give me a sense a freedom and yet to me, the debt associated with automobiles and the rat race conventions it draws you into have always been anathema to freedom at least for me.

it will have to be the women who take a stand against that

Why not you, or me or anyone else?
edit on 28/5/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I bet their accident rate in Saudi Arabia is very very low. Every accident I see has some flustered woman on a cell phone standing near it.

All joking aside, that place is so ridiculously backwards, and ironic that those men stuck in the dark ages are using facebook to campaign to stay in the dark ages.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Okay you made me laugh in the midst of my anger lol
A star for you

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

That's not the American people immigrating to other countries. That is the fascist US government with their buddies Israel. Most of the people on this forum despise war from what Ive gathered and don't support their own country fighting.

Big difference between military powers we cannot control and the immigrants moving to a country and demanding things.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ha ha ha this is so funny seems like Men in the Mid east had their ball-sac's circumcised.
Men's are not the only one on this planet Women have equal rights.

Yes i am a Man Married with 2 daughters and 1 Son. And all three females in my family Drive there way to work

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well if no one can show a link to the original page I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that this all is BS? Lol

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by burntheships

What is it about these Muslim countries????????
It just goes to show how primative and backward thinking that part of the world really is.
Yet western countries wont say a word in disgust about Saudi arabia as we want their oil. This world is sick

Judging by what you said, i am led to believe that you have a very limited understanding of the muslim culture, the real reason for this is not just because they are a primitive, backward thinking civilization, its just that they take everything a bit too far, the reason for women not driving is not because they believe it to be a thing of the devil, its because just like arabic women are only allowed to wear the traditional dress in saudi arabia because they feel that it is disrespectful to the parents of the women if she were to wear westernized clothes, its just the same in saudi arabia, single women are not allowed into shopping malls, because of various reasons but not because they are primitive. penalties in saudi arabia are very different to other muslim countries

e.g if you steal a packet of chewing gum in Saudi Arabia, you get your finger chopped off if caught. its just so that people do not do bad things or wear revealing clothes etc. i assume that the reason for driving is because they believe that it should be the man who provides and labors for the family or so that she doesn't get pulled over by a bystander and raped or along the lines of... im not too sure, but i can tell you that for those of you who think this is custom for all muslim countries you are WRONG.

I live in Dubai, which is also a muslim country, I do not believe in the Saudi laws, however i can tell you that Dubai and other muslim countries do not share the same laws as Saudi Arabia.

And before you say i only meant saudi arabia read the first and second line of your quote. and before you say only defending because your muslim..... Im Christian, i just happen to live there and have a better understanding than those who dont.... (not intending to be harmful to anyones feelings but just stating back, just as who ever reads this will have a better understanding of where they live than i will).

So research before you judge, or visit before you judge.
edit on 29-5-2011 by ShadowZion because: Adding missed out bits and changing a few things

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
And perhaps all men who do such inhumane things to women be subject to 'retribution' as handed down in other muslim countries - like this guy:

A man will be punished by dripping acid into his eyes in Tehran

...and these folks are the "peace-loving" religious zealots who strive to dominate the world??? I don't think so.

It will come to MAD (countries turned into glass parking lots) before that (muslim domination) happens.

Instead, how about we all just get along? Is mutual respect such a hard thing to adopt. No wonder ET wants nothing to do with us. They'll just hang out and wait for us to destroy ourselves and our planet. Could be sooner than you think.

Hey, Earth-morons!: GROW UP! EVOLVE! MATURE INTO SOMETHING WORTHY OF THE REST OF THE GALACTIC COMMUNITY!!

Man, I wish I could leave this planet of apes for someplace where everyone strives for the betterment of each other (and their planet). Whipping women for driving? Acid in the eyes? World Wars? Rape - Murder - Genocide? I'm ashamed to be human sometimes...

Heaven on Earth? This ain't it.

edit on 5/29/2011 by Outrageo because: adding tears...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join