It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I will take heat for this, but could care less.

Islam is a joke..

I understand people defending Islam... These people would defend anyone, they have big hearts.. BUT, dont be totally blind.

Islam is a barbaric religion, with psychos at the helm. Islam is NOT a religion of peace.... That would be like calling Israel, a country of peace...

Muhammad was a violent pedophile. Islam is a dark violent religion. Period!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree...Women shouldn't be allowed to drive...They are horrible drivers.....Whenever I rage while driving, there's always a woman in the other vehicle.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FinallyMe

I agree...Women shouldn't be allowed to drive...They are horrible drivers.

You don't say? I will bet my wife will smash you around any race track any day! You need to get around a bit!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaunHatfield

I will take heat for this, but could care less.

Why? You only speak the truth! Bring it on!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Great post, thank you!

It really is not funny is it? Even for these women who have been raised in this culture there is an
awakening...if they have phones, and the internet trust me its only a matter of time.

They can see there are places in the world where women are not heavily opressed, and will eventually
change the place they live, or leave.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by Aisling
reply to post by burntheships

I reported their main page. They have a photo of a woman that has obviously been beaten up. I suggest we all report this please.

I would love to, but could someone post a link? The page is nowhere to be found..

I am fairly sure that this is the link - Its to facebook, and it has the campaign on it.
Its strange, as threre is a cluster of men in head dress off to the right, maybe the leaders or ?

ar-ar.facebook.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I am fairly sure that this is the link - Its to facebook, and it has the campaign on it.
Its strange, as threre is a cluster of men in head dress off to the right, maybe the leaders or ?

ar-ar.facebook.com...

That link is to a fb page talking about the campaign and it is against it. Just another source relaying the info.

As for the fb page itself, I have read in comment sections on other pages that the page has been removed. As no one can find it, that seems to be the case. I just wish someone had taken a screenshot of it, cause it this point I have a feeling people are going to start claiming the page never existed at all.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Well I would hope that Facebook would remove it...

Someone surely has a screen shot of it....

There are screen shots here in this article....of the womens page. I will look around to see
if I can find a screen shot of the mens.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ds-newsxml
edit on 27-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
women are kinda bad drivers though, i nearly died a couple of times because of them. but that facebook page cant be serious not even for saudi arabia. I have hope that this arab spring will hit that country and get them to wake up, if not then I wouldnt mind bringing down that so called kingdom by force once their oil is of no use to us.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

Islam is fine. It's the people who practice it who can give it a good name or a bad name. Research how Christianity and Catholicism used to be in the past and tell me that those religions didn't do anything heinous.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aisling

It looks as if it has been taken down, but there is a google cache of it here.

Google Cache
Screen Shot here :

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b944f0540098.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Even though the facebook page is bad, it does help to spread awareness of just how awful some places in the world can be. If it had not been posted, how else could a person find out about the situation so they can be outraged over it?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
it had only 6000 fans or whatever, not too much to warrant all that attention.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I noticed one of the comments on the page is "they say women can't drive because men will look at her".

It's sexuality they fear. They apparently believe it holds the key to everything, both here and in the afterlife.
They will always repress women as long as they believe that (1.) Sexual arousal is sinful (2) they cannot control their own sexual arousal and (3) They will become sexually aroused by seeing a woman't hair, tweezed eyebrows, driving a car, and the likes.

If they would take the human sexual response out of "hell" equation, and become educated to the fact that it is normal human drive, perhaps then they could demystify it, and stop punishing women due to their own superstitions, inadequacies, and fears.

If the women ran around in cut-offs and tee shirts, (while driving) for a few months, I don't think it would take long for them to realize the female body is not the erotic garden of hell they think it is. They would get used to it.
They need saturation, desensitization. That ought to do it. That's tx for phobias, which they may very well have, such are their fears.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hindenburg
I will join that page when i go on my facebook.

you know we need more of these campaigns that make the women need men again, i mean with all whats going on and women being so independent more men are depressed. women dont need us anymore, thats not right. you drive, i whip!

You know what I think we all need? We all need to start respecting one another. Our differences can be both what we respect and what we learn from.

The day this happens is the day we truly begin to live.

Peace,

-AS-

ETA: Thanks for another thoughtful thread burntheships

edit on 27-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: eta

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Did you notice how it was the counsel of the hidden mysteries. You can click on each one. All I can say until women start defending themselves nothing will change. Unfortunately women think they can ignore things away or talk them away. All men understand is violence especially in this part of the world. They have to break the chains of bondage. Women there are no more than property and subjects slavery. They can either all go naked in the streets which will knee jerk the jerks. Or cut off their penises everytime they beat one of their slaves. The later would make changes quicker.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Oh I agree, its all fear and control. Total Opression for the women.
Which also brings about the desired mental conditioning the women undergo as they live this way.

I would be dead the first day I tell ya as no way would I wear a veil to start with.

And once I saw there were places in the world where life was not this way, out of there
or die trying.

ETA:

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I noticed one of the comments on the page is "they say women can't drive because men will look at her".

It's sexuality they fear. They apparently believe it holds the key to everything, both here and in the afterlife

Yes, you know you bring up a very good point, dont these men think they well inherit virgins and all that crap
if they do heroic acts for relgious causes?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I would find my way out of that country

I would as well.

Reading through some of the comments here on this article about it in the Daily Mail, UK

I am really shocked. I half think some of these people can not be serious in the support they offer
up for the men, but then again you just never know.

Daily Mail UK

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
God chiefly rules over you, not a man with a whip.
You have to listen to your husband, but when he starts beating you like that... I would walk out on him.
I think that is inhumane and should be dealt with wisely.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

It's sexuality they fear. They apparently believe it holds the key to everything, both here and in the afterlife.
They will always repress women as long as they believe that (1.) Sexual arousal is sinful (2) they cannot control their own sexual arousal and (3) They will become sexually aroused by seeing a woman't hair, tweezed eyebrows, driving a car, and the likes.

If they would take the human sexual response out of "hell" equation, and become educated to the fact that it is normal human drive, perhaps then they could demystify it, and stop punishing women due to their own superstitions, inadequacies, and fears.

If the women ran around in cut-offs and tee shirts, (while driving) for a few months, I don't think it would take long for them to realize the female body is not the erotic garden of hell they think it is. They would get used to it.
They need saturation, desensitization. That ought to do it. That's tx for phobias, which they may very well have, such are their fears.

yes we should set nudist camps for them over there so they can get used to each others bodies and such. I bet though most men just want to exercise their false authority on the opposite sex as a way to distract from their own ineptitude at being a husband. And to justify marring more than one woman of course. If they see women as equals they would fall ill from knowing how horrible they accepted the ill treatment of their mother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join