It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Do they think they are entitled and women aren't? Do they think they are superior?
What is going through such a mind?

I would imagine that not much goes through the minds of those who's main education is a misogynist book of hatred and intollerance.

IRM :shk:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Calling these men misogynistic woman hating evils with a complex is not really fair in my opinion.

I believe the practice is wrong but it isn't about how small their member is or how insecure with their masculinity they are.

Make no mistake this is about an inability to give up traditions and sticking to things just because their forefathers did.

These men are victims as much as the women, they will never know the joy of a partner or any balancing of their male to female thoughts and actions.

Either way is about a blind adherence to tradition and an intense fear of change. Why is it we as a species fear change more than death?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If thats the case I think that women in that country should all become nurses or better yet ambulance crews, and when the men hurt themselves and need assistance the women can refuse to either drive ( as the men want ) the ambulance or refuse aid as the men would do the same simply because its a women.
See how many men then want women to drive and see how quick they change their minds.
Simply backward thinking. without women there'd be no men or vice versa, shame these people don't think of it lie that.
Its no longer a MAN's world but a world for all.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I need to make one thing absolutely clear here. This is NOT a Muslim tradition. This is a BS Saudi stupid rule. I work in North Africa in a Muslim country. I have asked the Muslims here who agree this is a disgusting stupid Saudi rule. The women here in this country are not treated like sh*t like in Saudi. They are treated more or less equal.

Saudi is the only place I can think of, that has barbaric rules for women. But not all the Saudi's agree with those stupid rules.

Most of my expat co-workers here have refused to work in Saudi because of those archaeic rules and regulations. And with the some that have gone to Saudi, they have told us of their disgust at what goes on in there.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
While some of Saudi Arabia's humanitarian issues can be outrageous to people in the west, the US is still their number one customer. Who cares if women can't drive their family to the hospital in case of emergency. Just keep giving us your oil and we will turn a blind eye.

For freaken sakes Obama authorized a $60 billion arms sales with Saudi Arabia earlier in the year. Don't be shocked by what they do in their country, be shocked by how we enable them.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
These men are victims as much as the women

That's right, these men don't have a choice do they! Poor victims!

IRM

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Everyone complains about women drivers, finally someone is doing something about it!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Well from what I've read, Saudi Arabians are the most financially well off per capita than most Islamic countries.
So if the women can drive, they can then easily ESCAPE and escape usually leads to divorce and therefore divorce payouts.....

I guess the old saying follow the money is true in this case as well.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The United States should have toppled Saudi Arabia a decade ago.

Our military girls weren't allowed to drive over there in 1995. I was sent in there to close installation X and move all the assets to location Y. We didn't have enough drivers so the Sergeant let girl GI's drive. We had to go thru a Saudi military checkpoint and the Saudi's saw the girl driving a Deuce and a Half (6x6). They jumped in their little Toyota truck and came after her. We had a huge convoy of trucks and they passed them all and got up to her, then started to wave for her to pull over. She would have been arrested and raped or worse in their prisons.

She started slowing down and that's when I think God took over my body. For some odd reason I down shifted and spooled that turbo up and started pushing her truck. I had a huge convoy behind me to back me up...she wasn't stopping. The Saudi's realizing what was going on came back to me and waved for me to pull over. I swerved and ran their truck into the sand mound along the road. The road we were on was just a plowed path in the sand. I saw a big "pooof" and they were stopped. We went on to our destination. I have no idea who she was, but she ran up to me and gave me a hug once we got there.

Apparently the Saud's must have been pee'd off. And likely the reason they were in on the Oklahoma Federal Building getting exploded. It was my job to die to protect Americans, I didn't fear being be-headed.

Something must have happened after that because American women were then allowed to drive in our areas.

Osama Bin Laden being successful in getting the US military kicked out of Saudi Arabia pushed women's freedom back 1,000 years. If we were to fight any way in the middle east....fighting for Saudi women to be free is the battle we should have fought long ago. Our leaders took the wrong route and Saudi Arabia successful attacked us on 9-11.

Now it's too late. Those Saudi men have NUKES. They financed the Pakistani nuclear bomb program in exchange for their own bombs. We could never free Saudi now. Blame Bill Clinton for sending Saudi Arabia back 1,000 years. Or blame Obama.

The Saudi's announced they were going to CEASE accepting US dollars for oil and were going to start the Gulf Monetary Union. Obama was put into office to appease them, pay off all their debts, give them a Victory Mosque, give them $60 Billion in military hardware.

It appears Obama's a womanizer. He doesn't support the women of Saudi Arabia to be free. He's supporting the men of Saudi Arabia who treat their women worse than Goats.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

This indicates that the world is diverse,
unlike some who want to believe otherwise.

If the world wasn't so diverse,
there wouldn't be the powerful imposing,
their own ideas and thoughts on others.

No one is innocent.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Jinglelord
These men are victims as much as the women

That's right, these men don't have a choice do they! Poor victims!

IRM

Of course they have a choice. I disagree with what they are doing. I just think all the rhetoric being spewed about how evil they are sounds ignorant. I'm sure more than a few women will actually be whipped for this and it is doubtful any man will actually get the blade.

I know I came off as feeling sorry for these guys. We didn't need another post here speaking about how evil and wrong this is. Most of us know that already. What many of us don't take the time to ponder is the fact that these men were raised in a certain way with very strong traditions and gender roles that don't match the west.

I shouldn't have pulled the victim card, it irritates me when others do it and there I went being a hypocrite again.

I am sure of one thing. None of us understand the social complexities that go along with this and none of us truly understand what it is like to be raised in their fashion and what it would take for these men to accept this change. So maybe we can cll them cowards, but not evil.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
The first man that whips a woman for driving...

should have his male genitalia removed...

Because he isnt a man... but a weak shell...

I have nothing against Muslim's...

I'm a equal rights sort of guy...

But if this is how their religion was meant to roll...

That aint good

Does your religion advocate the genital mutilation of law breakers? (Not that they are actually breaking the law in their own country)

That aint good.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
The Facebook page is titled :
You Drive, I Whip!
That implies they need a reason?

I thought they could just beat women for no reason at all? I didn't know they even needed a reason...

Francine calls Saudi Arabia...

the worst place in the world (If you're a woman).

She even mentions the "women can't drive" issue near the end, though in a PG-rated fashion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Gawd their roads look soo soft. Here, a footage of me on the road is like being in the space shuttle, at liftoff, except that im going horizontaly. Why they need to restrain women to drive, those roads looks super safe. lol
And seriously ppl need to realise how rubbish FB is .
edit on 27-5-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
i just liked the page
thanks for bringing this great cause to my attention

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I guess the whipping could be used to get them how to reverse park

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
All of you just proving my point I made in another thread ...

First: Where is this FB page, since I can't seem to find it, no matter how I search.

Second: Who the hell is "ArabHeral.com" - is that some News source I am supposed to trust? Their website looks like one made with a cheap "your-website-in-5-minutes" tool, and their "About us" has this to say:

Midwest Radio Network Pty Ltd
Suite 202, Level 2
111 Harrington Street
Sydney NSW
Australia 2000

What does "Midwest Radio Network" from Australia have to to with "local arab news" ...

Before going on ranting here, you should verify a news, lest you do more harm then good.

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful. - Qur'an, 49:6

Oh, and I am neither saying the news is true or false, since I can't seem to verify it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the page? I cannot find it. I think it is against facebook conditions, so maybe it is deleted already?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I never did get some of the backwards laws in Saudi Arabia, theres nothing in the Quran directed towards women saying "Thou shalt not drive" or "Always dress like a ninja in public". Good on these women for trying to get the law changed, hopefully the king will be on their side.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrEugeneFixer
Everyone complains about women drivers, finally someone is doing something about it!

can you imagine those rules here in the U.S. !

terrible they say !

such discrimination !

such low insurance rates !

such a drop in gas demand !

it just wouldn't be fair !

no more cell phone accidents !

no more traffic jams !

hey wait a minute ... maybe there's more to this than we think !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join