It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Saudi men launch Facebook Campaign To Whip Women Who Dare To Drive

story.arabherald.com

Saudi Arabian men have launched a Facebook campaign in response to women planning to protest against the law banning them from driving in the ultra-conservative nation.

The page, titled 'The Iqal Campaign: June 17 for preventing women from driving', refers to the Arabic name for the cord used to hold on the traditional headdress worn by many men in the Gulf, advocating the cord be used to whip women who dare to drive.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
story.arabherald.com
edit on 26-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Days after a Saudi woman by the name of Sharif posted a YouTube video of herself defying Saudi's Arabia's ban on women driving, she was then arrested by police and imprisoned for five days, charged with "spurring women to drive, on the Internet, and inciting public opinion,"

Now, AFP is reporting that a Facebook page has sprouted up calling for men to beat any Saudi women who drive their cars with an iqal; the cord men use to keep their headdress in place.

6,500 "likes" at the moment!

The Facebook page is titled :
You Drive, I Whip!

ar-ar.facebook.com...

Sharifs driving video is here:

story.arabherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I will join that page when i go on my facebook.

you know we need more of these campaigns that make the women need men again, i mean with all whats going on and women being so independent more men are depressed. women dont need us anymore, thats not right. you drive, i whip!

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hindenburg

Uh oh, well depending on what camp your in you could be in trouble!

Saudi men threatened to use their head dresses as a whip to prevent women from driving cars as part of a new Facebook male campaign in response to another campaign by women.

A new Facebook page also threatened men against helping women in their campaign to drive cars, saying these the Iqal (headgear) would be waiting for these men. Women quickly hit back by threatening to use blade weapons to defend themselves ar-ar.facebook.com...

Lets see.... You Whip, I Blade!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I swore profusely for a few minutes just reading the title of this post and am now having me a #ing bowl of honey nut cheerios to focus on. How far has society come when Humans were just apes? God damn it.

I find this # appalling just because I was born in Canada and never witnessed this kind of stuff at 20 years old, but really? There's still people with the mindset of an 'ape' thinking that women driving is the work of a devil? This is one of the many groups that give Islam a bad rap I'm sure.

Geez.. We ain't going anywhere out in space if we don't AS A WHOLE TOGETHER get over these issues.

+13 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
thats right those women don't need you. i think we should start giving those women guns to start offing those monsters.

+2 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

What is it about these Muslim countries????????
It just goes to show how primative and backward thinking that part of the world really is.
Yet western countries wont say a word in disgust about Saudi arabia as we want their oil. This world is sick

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Yes, and apparently the men are going to whip any man who helps a woman drive.

I say go to the women who plan to "blade" whatever that is.

Does anyone know what that is? "Blade" ?

ETA ok Blade weapons - this could get ugly!

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Only very small men would ever want to beat a women.

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The first man that whips a woman for driving...

should have his male genitalia removed...

Because he isnt a man... but a weak shell...

I have nothing against Muslim's...

I'm a equal rights sort of guy...

But if this is how their religion was meant to roll...

That aint good

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

There you go

Blades, and guns!

Next thing you know these women are going to want to take off the veil!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is just flabberghasting. Really, I find it hard to fathom living in a country where I would be told how to dress, educate, live, drive, and the law upholding the idea that whipping a woman for things that should be her right as a human being is just unbelievable! I would find my way out of that country

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Funny that the saudi men state this:

“We warn women against adopting Western attitudes and concepts and against a large increase in road accidents in case women are allowed to drive cars,” the men’s site said.

And its confusing as they call if a ban on driving. Were women there ever allowed to drive?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Only very small men would ever want to beat a women.

reply to post by EvolEric

Yikes, well maybe thats what these women have in mind with the Blade weapons?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by meathed

Funny that the saudi men state this:

“We warn women against adopting Western attitudes and concepts and against a large increase in road accidents in case women are allowed to drive cars,” the men’s site said.

And its confusing as they call if a ban on driving. Were women there ever allowed to drive?

Are women allowed to do anything over there???
I mean other then being a slave to their arranged husband.
This doesn't shock me that this is happening, it only re- enforces my dislike for such practices and such people and there religious ideal's
edit on 27-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder what people like that would think if the roles were reversed. What would they think if people were controlling the clothes they wore, whether or not they could receive an education, whether or not they could drive etc...

Something tells me they would not be so happy about that... But I guess they don't care... ?

Do they think they are entitled and women aren't? Do they think they are superior?

What is going through such a mind?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

In short, nothing outside of what their husbands or the patriarchal government let them do. Let's not confuse this with all of Arab culture, but leave it where it belongs most, in the Gulf States such as Saudi Arabia. Women are NOT citizens, they are property. Think of them as pets that you can have sex with and take care of the kids. That's it. And if a husband has a crappy day at work or the wife speaks up for herself, well, beating her within an inch of her life, or even killing her in some cases is accepted.

Sick people, my guess would be small pecker syndrome.

+11 more 
posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneLife
This is one of the many groups that give Islam a bad rap I'm sure.

Correction. This IS Islam.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
reply to post by meathed

Sick people, my guess would be small pecker syndrome.

Agreed with all you said,
And a Small pecker, means Small mind.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I think more women should drive. Heck, my wife is a much better driver than me.
When go touring, she always drives the RV. Why? She is a far more careful and considerate driver than I will ever be.

Power to women drivers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join