It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody want to explain this flightplan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Firstly, my stance: Yes, I tend to notice what people call "chemtrails" but I'm not so sure they are trying to harm US citizens. I have theories, but they aren't so sinister... That being said, I've read about this company that "seeds clouds", etc. and decided to see what they fly for planes. I found this flight from 5/3/2011, and it struck me as a bit odd. Depart Fargo, fly west, fly in a bulls eye pattern, return to Fargo. Huh? Really?

Rather odd flight path

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Just in case it disappears:

flightaware.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just checked out the link, and I found some neat stuff. First, it says that this plane is a Cessna if I am reading correctly. Pretty small plane. The thing I found interesting however is the name, Weather Modification Inc. Upon looking through their list of clients, which include the Dept of Defense and military groups, I was intrigued. The most recent entry for military work is the US Naval Surface Warfare Center, from 2009, which pretty much just says they were screwing around with radar.

I have a feeling that they have probably worked with the government much more, on a classified basis however, so they would not be listed. I mean they basically admitted they worked for and had contact with the Dept of Defense, Naval Surface Warfare Center, FAA, etc, so it just makes me wonder.

Of course I could be wrong, and the military is doing their own weather modification without outside contractors, but who knows...Anyway, I just wanted to say that there was some interesting stuff on the site that you linked to.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DukeOfDorch

It's called a holding pattern.

Taking another look.....they departed Fargo, went to another (smaller) airport. The ovals could very well also have been training.....multiple Instrument Approaches, with Missed Approaches (go-arounds).

This is perfectly typical of such training and practice, to hone skills, take check-rides (tests, like a driving test), etc.

Multiple practice instrument approaches (reason it's on FlightAware, they filed an IFR flight plan). Rather than landing each time, the intent is the approach practice...so faster to go around....AND, they apparently did some single-engine training, too....based on the ground tracks. (The ovals with a wider radius......the bank angles in the turns, when on one engine, will sometimes be shallower...thus, the turn radius larger)....

Any more questions??

edit on Thu 26 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting those screenshots. I went through every plane from this list:

FAA List

They aren't all currently owned by this company. The last plane in the list is the one in question. It shows "Fuel Modifications" in the registration.

Plane Reg.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've a question: What is a "holding pattern"? And for what purpose does this serve other than wasting fuel? Thank you.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

A holding pattern? They flew all that way just to enter a holding pattern and fly back home?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Please see my edit.

AND, holding patterns ARE another aspect of instrument training and instruction.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If It was a small plane, there are patterns like this all the time around here. Someone wants to see something, a friends house, neighborhood etc. You hop in a buddies plane, fly to the particular sight of interest, make some laps, mock dive bomb some people and go home

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's a Weather Modification Inc plane, so maybe they went out to modify the weather, with some targeted cloud seeding, like they have been doing for 50 years?

Fly to cloud area
Fly around cloud spraying it with silver iodide
Fly back

Link to plane ownership:
www.airport-data.com...
edit on 26-5-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

If anything it would be touch and go's, need to see if there is airport at that location. It's out in East Podunk, ND.

edit on 26-5-2011 by DukeOfDorch because: Acknowledging your edit above.

link   

Originally posted by DukeOfDorch

A holding pattern? They flew all that way just to enter a holding pattern and fly back home?

I suppose they were flying a mission to spray a "chemtrail" from an airplane that didn't fly high enough to create those "chemtrails" I keep hearing about. So they sprayed the chemical in circles, they must really hate the people in that area.

Refer again to weedwacker's post, and maybe the wikipedia page on critical thinking. Sheesh.

link   

Do you know what a Cessna 340 is?? It is a six-passenger, light twin. The kind of airplane that a wealthy private pilot can afford (like, lawyers and doctors)....a friend of mine, in Phoenix owns one....he let me fly it when I wanted (pay for fuel...nice deal). It is a nice airplane, for its design.

Pressurized, and turbo-charged for altitude capability....but, very low payload capacity.

Weather Modification, Inc. uses them for cloud seeding jobs. NO big secret.

On that day, as I said, appears they were doing pilot training.....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DukeOfDorch
They aren't all currently owned by this company. The last plane in the list is the one in question. It shows "Fuel Modifications" in the registration.

Plane Reg.

And under that it shows what that modification is:

LONG RANGE FUEL TANK(S) INSTALLED PER JET SOURCE INTERNATIONAL INC DRAWINGS AF-300-II, AF-300-ID-1, AF-300-ID-2, AF-300-FS, .......

IE they have fitted long range fuel tanks in accordance with the drawings listed. this has required new weaight and balance computations be made for the aircraft to ensure it doesn't get loaded too heavily, and it's centre of gravity remains within limits. there are also comments about structural overloading, and a certification that the tanks have been installed correctly and do not leak, that the magnetic compass works correctly, and fuel management instructions have been passed to the pilot.

It's all there to be read

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They kept going over a single point on every lap. If I was seeding clouds it would be more spread out. I think its just a sight seeing tour. No conspiracy alarms ringing for me.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The don't even have to do a touch-and-go (option)....just a Missed Approach...THAT is yet another skill to practice, BTW...

DO you know what a "hood" is??? I will find a photo:

Another example:

These are MUCH better designs than the ones in use when I got my first Instrument training...in the 1970s. Those were bigger, unwieldy.......and, block the safety pilot, or instructor's view a bit more than these smaller versions......

edit on Thu 26 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
See:

flightwise.com...

You can view the tracks in Google Earth. Flew around a bunch of circuits, landed at Carrington Municipal. Flew back. So, yeah, likely just a training flight.

link   

edit on 26-5-2011 by Uncinus because: double post

link   

Originally posted by dropdjones
If It was a small plane, there are patterns like this all the time around here. Someone wants to see something, a friends house, neighborhood etc. You hop in a buddies plane, fly to the particular sight of interest, make some laps, mock dive bomb some people and go home

As a private pilot, son of a private pilot, brother of a private pilot and friend of pilots, I have flown similar patterns dozens of times, and for some of the same reasons you just described. Most importantly, we did "check rides" to gain hours and experience in certain craft before going on longer, cross-country trips in a new or different plane than the ones we usually used.

Many times they would include circling specific locations for photos, showing-off and looking for landmarks.

Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Here is one of the Instrument Approach Plates for Carrington, ND (K46D).

That is a GPS procedure, for Runway 31.

Based on the FlightAware ground track traces, looks like they were 'shooting' approaches to Runway 13 (the reciprocal)

Please note, as well....looking up the info on that airport, it is an uncontrolled field (no Control Tower). Click on "Sectional" to display it, on FlightAware. Airports in magenta, no Tower. Blue, have a Tower.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join