It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Ambassador Endorses Beating of Protesters by Georgian Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
naturally ... the protesters don't have access to oil ...

In an interview with Georgian TV station Imedia, Philip Dimitrov, the head of the EU delegation in Georgia and former Bulgarian Prime Minister, repeatedly refuses to censure the regime of Georgian strongman Mike Saakashvili for the latest wave of state violence against anti-regime protesters. Asked for his reaction to the aggressive disbursal of demonstrators, Dimitrov - who appears bored and disinterested in the interview - sighs several times before saying, with supervillain-esque understatement, “it was a difficult situation and it has been … handled.” Dimitrov goes on to blame protesters for breaking the law by ignoring a ban on demonstrations.

video and more at the source --- www.parapolitical.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Intellectually I know that TPTB are terrified of us. But viscerally... not so much. It's very depressing.

But I'm put in mind of our own (American) government, who with one hand pat themselves on the back for bullying oppressive Mideast/North African regimes (at least the ones who have oil and/or valuable minerals and are not Saudi Arabia) into "democratic reforms," while with the other hand they routinely and cavalierly take from their own people the very human rights they insist everyone else respect.

I say I'm put in mind of them--in one respect: What TPTB would do well to remember is that historically revolution has always been illegal. People who are oppressed, angry, hungry, and just in general entirely fed-up are not going to be greatly impressed with the terroristic application of law.

But, of course, being out-of-touch with the reality of the situation is one of the blindnesses of a regime that's ripe for overthrow. When people no longer care if they die, you can be sure they seriously don't give a s**t for your laws....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If you protest in a country where protesting is illegal you should be prepared to face punishment.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evola
If you protest in a country where protesting is illegal you should be prepared to face punishment.

Georgia is a degenerative state seeking a return to a traditional ethos. Any act against the state is justified. These acts don't even need to be constrained by rational thought or practicality of results. Degenerative states are non-states existing outside the primal idea of the organic state and must face relentless assault from all sides for any reason or no reason at all.

As Evola described, states draw their power from a transcendent, sacred source. Saakashvili is a small-time New York collections attorney who was installed into power for his willingness to obedience. He is not a transcendent, sacred source. A human-monkey hybrid would be a monstrosity that would need to be destroyed. A non-state pretending to be a state is also a monstrosity.

If you've read more than a few sentences of Evola you should appreciate that.
edit on 26-5-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000

Georgia is a degenerative state seeking a return to a traditional ethos. Any act against the state is justified. If you've read more than a few sentences of Evola you should appreciate that.

Another Evola fan. I'm impressed.

I wasn't saying I necessarily agree or disagree with the Georgian government. I was merely pointing an obvious fact. Truth be told, I don't care what happens in Georgia.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Truth be told, I don't care what happens in Georgia.

You should feel empowered to seek and participate in threads which interest you rather than participating in threads of topics that have no interest to you. You will find this satisfying, as will the participants in those threads.

Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm saying. Of course revolution is illegal! But when people have had enough, and they no longer care, they'll face death gladly....

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

That's exactly what I'm saying. Of course revolution is illegal! But when people have had enough, and they no longer care, they'll face death gladly....

homicide is not a synonym for murder, it means "killing another person"

homicide is sometimes legal, sometimes illegal ... not by any written law but by the transcendent, natural law ... if you kill another in proportional self-defense you have not committed a crime, regardless of what any court rules

similarly, revolution is sometimes legal, sometimes illegal ... not by any written law but by the transcendent, natural law ... if you engage in revolution against a state occupied by a government (the current Georgian government) that is the puppet of a foreign potentate (Les Etats-Unis) you have not committed a crime, regardless of what any court states

edit on 26-5-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join