It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me choose a few new xbox games please.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

But don't be an asshole, get a PS3. You can't play a fps on an xbox.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Dont be an asshole get a ps3? i had a ps3 for a year till just recently when i got sick of the amount of problems i had with it like connecting to PSN was a nightmare and updates always screwed up AND most anoying of all when i bought a new game 20mins in the game would crash and id lose all save data...it was a birthday pressie from my gf so i just trotted on with it till month ago when we both had enough of it so traded it instore for a xbox 360 slim with 250gb hard drive

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
some of my favorites are (and they should be cheap now too)

Far cry 2.....awesome....super long....replay value (sandbox FPS...many ways to play)

red faction guerrilla..... very cool, long...replay value (sandbox 3rd person shooter...grand theft auto on mars)

borderlands....very good...long...replay value

LA noire is very good

bad company 2 was good but really short

bioshock is very very good, part 2 is worth playing as well

oblivion was mediocre. it got really high ratings, and is huge and visually stunning, but a bore. i keep going back to play it thinking it will be better, but it never really is.
edit on 26-5-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)
does borderlands and farcry 2 get better as the game goes becouse i had both of them for pc a while ago and i got bored of them after 10 mins with having to travel long distances with little ammo while needing to kill ALOT of bad guys to get your objectives..farcry is about £4-5 now and borderlands is £11 last i looked

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Well, obviously, the weapons get better and better.

Borderlands can be a bit boring in the beginning, but if you like leveling and looting.....

far cry 2, there should be no problems with enough ammo after the opening scene, as you can fill up free at a gun shop anytime you wish. There are distances to travel often, but there are diamonds to search for and things to do along the way. Once all the weapons are unlocked i carry an mgl 140 rpg launcher, a standard grenade launcher, and a SAW machine gun. there is nothing i can't handle.

hope that helps

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

I'd take fallout 3 over borderlands any day of the week.
Borderlands, although you can play with other people, is just tedious and every mission feels like a chore.

Not to mention the fact that if you jump into a game with someone whos farther than you it overwrites you mission progress with theirs. Best to start your own game and let others join you, but then a higher rank will just run to every mission and complete it for you, again removing all the fun out of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

fallout and borderlands are way too different to compare IMO

i never tried to play it co op

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well today i got black ops and orderd red faction guerilla, farcry 2, F3AR and batman arham asylum...on another note i bought my gf some shoes and alot of other stuff so im SKINT!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'd take Borderland over Fallout 3, but I think I'd prefer New Vegas or the original Fallouts to Borderlands.

Borderland's quests might not have been that interesting, but the gunplay was better than Fallout 3 and the writing wasn't as terrible.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok new problem IM BORED!! lol i need some new games after the RAGE dissapointment
the games i have at the min are battlefield bad company 2, dead space 2, formula 1 2010, forza 4, RAGE, Gears of war 3, Mafia 2, homefront, dead island, fifa 11...im selling most of them to my uncle and im thinking of pre ordering battlefield 3 for xbox and batman arkham city but i dont know of anymore that are comeing out i could pre order do you guys have any ideas? thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

What are your thoughts on Rage?
Care to give a little review for someone who is considering it?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Atmosphere is decent, though somewhat inconsistent and there's always some immersion breaking something that comes along, but overall it's pretty nice.
Guns feel nice, though management of said guns is clearly aimed more at consoles than it is at PC, but OK, it's not too bad. The quick use items however are a pain in the ass. You need to press 2 buttons to actually quick use anything if it aint currently selected, which makes it less than quick use in my book. This is especially annoying when switching between bandages & throwables (wingstick, grenades,...).

The car races are mostly easy and somewhat enjoyable, with the exception of some of the '50 point races' which on some maps just depends on luck. Some times you drive & fight like ass and you still win, other time you rock everyone's socks off and still come in second. Oh well...

Still, overall combat (FPS & car) is pretty decent. It is however horribly unbalanced... You can use the shotgun with pop rockets from begin to end, this includes all giant mutants and bosses. Just craft 100+ of those before each storymode mission and you'll need virtually nothing else. This includes the final levels, which is kinda sad. The BFG is actually quite a bit worse than the pop rockets. Pop pop pop, watchin' those mother#ers drop. The only downside is that you often blow up the corpses if you make direct hits, which means no looting. But you don't need that anyway.

Speaking of the ending, it's a horrible anticlimax. After the special boss fights and somewhat interesting mobs, it's just pretty straight forward. Just wait around a bit and pop the enemies as they come. They say it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. But this is taking it a bit far.

I enjoyed the game, but yet again, I feel like it could've been so much more. And no, I wasn't expecting this to be an RPG btw, that's not what I mean. I fully realize it's just an FPS with a story, but it still leaves me unfulfilled. Part of it is that it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense at how it ends. At least Hard Reset had a boss ending, Rage doesn't even have that...

Haven't tried multi yet, so can't comment.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by LvSLoLo

What are your thoughts on Rage?
Care to give a little review for someone who is considering it?
Well first off the AI is amazing all games should have AI as intelligent as on RAGE ive played ALOT of games but the AI on RAGE is without a doubt the best ive ever known, other than that the game is a little flat...the gameplay and graphics are amazing i cant fault them in any way the game would be absolutely amazing IF they gave it more story. Basicaly they tell you your special and you shoot some guys and it doesnt build up to anything, i was expecting a huge finale or atleast a very long game to play but it took me 7 hours(while messing around) to complete the game. Theres not a huge selection of guns either i think there is around 8 of them but you can add upgrades and diffirent ammo.

I actually sent ID a email telling them there game would of been amazing if they had given it more of a story other than giveing you what looks like a huge open world you can basicaly do nothing in...i was expecting a sandbox game were i could go anyware and do what i like instead of it all been scripted, even borderlands had a better story and that was basicaly nothing aswell.

Anyway as i was saying the AI is out of this world, the graphics are incredible but all in all the story is awful i actualy said what the # was that when i completed the game.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Atmosphere is decent, though somewhat inconsistent and there's always some immersion breaking something that comes along, but overall it's pretty nice.
Guns feel nice, though management of said guns is clearly aimed more at consoles than it is at PC, but OK, it's not too bad. The quick use items however are a pain in the ass. You need to press 2 buttons to actually quick use anything if it aint currently selected, which makes it less than quick use in my book. This is especially annoying when switching between bandages & throwables (wingstick, grenades,...).

The car races are mostly easy and somewhat enjoyable, with the exception of some of the '50 point races' which on some maps just depends on luck. Some times you drive & fight like ass and you still win, other time you rock everyone's socks off and still come in second. Oh well...

Still, overall combat (FPS & car) is pretty decent. It is however horribly unbalanced... You can use the shotgun with pop rockets from begin to end, this includes all giant mutants and bosses. Just craft 100+ of those before each storymode mission and you'll need virtually nothing else. This includes the final levels, which is kinda sad. The BFG is actually quite a bit worse than the pop rockets. Pop pop pop, watchin' those mother#ers drop. The only downside is that you often blow up the corpses if you make direct hits, which means no looting. But you don't need that anyway.

Speaking of the ending, it's a horrible anticlimax. After the special boss fights and somewhat interesting mobs, it's just pretty straight forward. Just wait around a bit and pop the enemies as they come. They say it's not the destination that counts, it's the journey. But this is taking it a bit far.

I enjoyed the game, but yet again, I feel like it could've been so much more. And no, I wasn't expecting this to be an RPG btw, that's not what I mean. I fully realize it's just an FPS with a story, but it still leaves me unfulfilled. Part of it is that it doesn't really make a huge amount of sense at how it ends. At least Hard Reset had a boss ending, Rage doesn't even have that...

Haven't tried multi yet, so can't comment.
100% spot on...and trust me dont try the multiplayer its basicaly 7-8 short storys you play out just 2 players alone and they last about 10mins each its completely pointless

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Dude get Rage, or Dark Souls, there both out on the X-Box.

I got them both some days ago though for the PS3, and there both really good games. I tried playing a little of both but it was just to much for me. So I decided to beat Dark Souls first before continuing on with Rage.

If your waiting for MW3 and BF3 to come out. Any one of the two games I mentioned above will more then keep you occupied for a long time to come.

edit on 10-10-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Dude get Rage, or Dark Souls, there both out on the X-Box.

I got them both some days ago though for the PS3, and there both really good games. I tried playing a little of both but it was just to much for me. So I decided to beat Dark Souls first before continuing on with Rage.

If your waiting for MW3 and BF3 to come out. Any one of the two games I mentioned above will more then keep you occupied for a long time to come.

edit on 10-10-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)
I have rage lol, was good game to play but the story sucks bigtime and what is dark souls? ive never heard of it before...yup im waiting for BF3 to come out was just about to pre order but ive orderd batman arkham city instead becouse its out first in 10 days and ill buy BF3 next week when i get paid again
cant wait i loved the beta just hope the lag is gone and they give 100% graphics in full game instead of the 10% like the beta

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks guy's, I think i'll give Rage a miss for now.
I'm really into RPG's with skill tree's at the moment. (Dead Island and waiting for Skyrim).
Yeah, if it's a bit like Borderlands without the RPG'ness, I didn't really like BorderLands much.

Sounds more like that Duke Nukem Forever. (In a sense).

Want Batman AC though.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm pre-ordering Skyrim & Need for Speed 'The Run.' Sounds like peeps really like Dead Islands so I'll put that on my Xmas list.

I'm so confused - I'm an old school RPGer and that is my genre but I still can't stop playing Halo Reach. Never been exposed to a FPS before so I'm obcessed 'cause I suck at this game. This girl has been playing video games since the Atari 2600 came out and I'll be damned if I suck at a game as bad as I do at Halo. I don't even wanna look at my kill/death ratio today. Boooo!

Thanks for the thread - I've enjoyed reading everyones suggestions and reviews. Personally, I enjoyed FallOut3 much more then New Vegas. The 'feel' just seems more authentic.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Ya Rage's story is not its strong point, and it really is not as good as it could of been, but it a fun game even though it does nothing new, it still does the old pretty solid. But if you have been playing FPS for a while recently, you will not find it to be all that. But I like it though. its a good game even if it has no competitive online game-play like Halo or Battle Field or the other fps's do.

Though from the two games I mentioned above or any game really I got to go with Dark Souls as being better and definitely one of the best action RPG's around, though I will say it it's not for everyone, so unless your willing to grudge trough the game and don't mind dying over and over to move on. If you put the time and effort into it, then it's not only a good game but a great game for any RPG fan, or just anybody who wants to get immersed in a fun and interesting game.

My only gripes with it though so far is, that they made it to easy. But its probably gonna be like demon souls that is, once you beat it once, on the second play trough it gets a lot harder.

what is dark souls?

Here is a review of the game if your interested.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well ive pre orderd bf3 and was thinking of getting batman arkham city robin edition but im about to get a new house so gotta wait and see what happens but i REALLY want the game

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3

The first two might push you out of your comfort zone slightly with their more fantastic story elements but these are three example of highly polished gameplay. From your games list, that looks to be your focus rather than story or character dev.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
Battlefield 3

The first two might push you out of your comfort zone slightly with their more fantastic story elements but these are three example of highly polished gameplay. From your games list, that looks to be your focus rather than story or character dev.
I love the batman games especialy batman arkham asylum and the new arkham city but hopefully today or tomorrow battlefield 3 will be here

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join