Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Help me choose a few new xbox games please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
some of my favorites are (and they should be cheap now too)

Far cry 2.....awesome....super long....replay value (sandbox FPS...many ways to play)

red faction guerrilla..... very cool, long...replay value (sandbox 3rd person shooter...grand theft auto on mars)

borderlands....very good...long...replay value

LA noire is very good

bad company 2 was good but really short

bioshock is very very good, part 2 is worth playing as well

oblivion was mediocre. it got really high ratings, and is huge and visually stunning, but a bore. i keep going back to play it thinking it will be better, but it never really is.
edit on 26-5-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)
Is LA noire as good as they say? puts me off the idea of being a cop and not being able to kill people or do what i want lol...i have bad company 2, was thinking of borderlands can get the game of the year edition for £14 and thinking of gettin the new red faction its out in about 14 days i think

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Medal Of Honor: Airborne , ANY Call Of Duty, and ones I have found a fun change of pace, suprizingly are the Lego games. (Batman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Pirates of the Carribean). Not only do you build, but you get to destroy a lot. I've never gotten mad at the game playing any of these last ones. Anyway, good luck in your search. Added bonus, the older ones are only $15-$20 each.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yahm16
Medal Of Honor: Airborne , ANY Call Of Duty, and ones I have found a fun change of pace, suprizingly are the Lego games. (Batman, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Pirates of the Carribean). Not only do you build, but you get to destroy a lot. I've never gotten mad at the game playing any of these last ones. Anyway, good luck in your search. Added bonus, the older ones are only $15-$20 each.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Yahm16 because: (no reason given)
Was thinking of buying modern warfare 2 for xbox see if its as bad for hackers as ps3 was when i had it and need practice for MW3 only 5-6 months left.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

ahhh

gotcha

got to have an outlet

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
yes, all that "quick-scoping" and other bs can be hacked. still fun to play. haven't heard any complaints about black ops on hacking yet.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Call of Duty Black Ops (For the Zombie levels)

Red Dead Redemption. Nothing like rescuing a poor lady then shooting her after she pays you and tries to leave. This game is eternal fun.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yahm16
yes, all that "quick-scoping" and other bs can be hacked. still fun to play. haven't heard any complaints about black ops on hacking yet.

Yea do they actualy ban hackers and boosters like they say? i had black ops for ps3 a wile ago loved the zombies but got really boring on the multiplayer seems too cartoonish to me loved the wager matches tho...but still might get MW2 think its £20 atm need to look it up.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
the house favorite here for Xbox lately has been the new Nascar game

I'd offer to GIVE you the copy we have but something tells me that the ol'man and the boys would most likely secure me a future in a pine box buried 6ft under ground ......

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Well ive found a few games i want.
Fifa 11
LA noire
Bulletstorm
Dead rising 2
Operation flash point red river
MW2
Dirt 2
Mafia 2
Fight Night Champion

Does anyone know if bulletstorm is worth £24? ive wanted it for a while but never got around to buying it, same with mafia 2 but i dont know if its worth it and is flash point anygood? the last game was poo by them

Gunna pre order BF3 and MW3 And maybe..

F3AR
Dues Ex Human evolution
Dead Island for definate that looks amazing
Might buy Duke Nukem Forever but doesnt look as good as the hype makes out it is in my eyes

My budget for the games i want to play NOW is around £90 and the pre order £100 not including BF3 and MW3
edit on 27-5-2011 by LvSLoLo because: spelling errors

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

IN LA noire, you can kill people, but only criminals, and only at certain times. you can do free roam when not working a case. you do lose a bit of the GTA freedom, but this game isn't trying to be GTA.

I thought collecting evidence and solving cases would be quite boring, but it actually fun (and harder than you think)

you get a rating for each case on how well you do, i am upset only getting 2 or 3 stars, so i want to go back and replay the case and do it right

the graphics are quite good and the story is unlike any other i've seen. i normally don't like cutscenes etc, but these are amazing, and very interesting.

on a side note, one of the actors in the game is a kid i grew up with, he was on the show mad men, and a couple others, and he plays a bartender in la noire....you have to interview him in your second case from the traffic desk...i walked into that bar, recognized him, and blew my mind

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
lol cool think i might buy it anyone know if theres a GTA5?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
just read about a game called infamous 2 does anyone know if its good? i dont trust ign reviews and ratings there always wrong

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
lol cool think i might buy it anyone know if theres a GTA5?

Yes, but not till 2012 or 2013.

I just bought Brink and I gotta say I quite like it.
I seem to be quite good at it too which is always a plus.

I just don't like jumping into a game at the end and winning without actually playing the mission.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

heard call of duty black ops was good

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Dead Space 2 is a great game. The graphics are amazing and it has a strong campaign story. Very actionpacked.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm personally hooked on homefront

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i had homefront for ps3 might get it for xbox in few months when price drops n patch comes out for it

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Brink.
It's an awesome action FPS/RPG.

There is no deathmatch just team based objectives, you really need to work as a team too.
There are alot of bots on but when your in a game with real people it just blows you away how strategical it becomes.

You may not want to pay full price for it because you may feel a bit cheated but I can assure you if you understand the gameplay you'll be hooked.

Barely any storyline doesn't matter, it only drives the missions anyway.

Each mission though can be up to 30-40mins long and they are epic, you have to replay them as they are you game modes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

deadspace 2,left 4 dead 2,mass effect1&2,If your a starwars fan get the force unleashed 1&2 i guess thats about it oh and COD black ops

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
im ordering for definate F3AR, battlefield 3, rage and farcry 3...but i dont know if i should buy starwars force unleashed 2 (becouse people have said its a very short story) maybe bulletstorm(people say its good but repetative) and alien vs predator does anyone have this that can vouch for it please?

BTW do any of you know if Dead rising 2 and Operation flash point red river are anygood?
edit on 17-6-2011 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join