It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story explaining Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

How very adult of you! What a clever, clever girl..
(Not, in case you don't get it, and I am sure you're the type of person who wouldn't)
V,

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have another story to share , i'm sure many can relate to.

An elderly Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life . .

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf is evil---he is fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, competition, superiority, and ego.

The other is good ---he is joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."

They thought about it for a minute, and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win, Grandfather?"

The Elder simply replied, "The one you feed."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Wow OP u screwed up.

Don't you realize you can in no way paint Christianity or Jesus in a positive way here on ATS.

You're going to be hated after this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What saddens me about the whole story, is that not one of the students was willing to offer their donut to Steve! or even help him out in some way. If they were really that upset and had tears rolling down their eyes etc, then they should have been prepared to give something back!

When the professor reached me, and asked if I wanted a donut, I would have said “no thanks, I want Steve to have mine.” And then I would have done some sit-ups of my own, to help Steve out.

It’s called, following by example…

- JC

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

sadly what you said proves my point.

only a zealot would find that story motivational. the torture of another human being is NEVER okay. If the Jesus story is true then we all need to fear a very unloving, sadistic, angry father.....
edit on 29-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

the torture of another human being is NEVER okay.

"Torture"?

I know of people who think 300 push-ups is just a warm-up.

hahaha, torture.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by Vicky32

sadly what you said proves my point.

only a zealot would find that story motivational. the torture of another human being is NEVER okay. If the Jesus story is true then we all need to fear a very unloving, sadistic, angry father.....
edit on 29-5-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

Don't you get that the story is an analogy? The point was that no one can achieve salvation by their own efforts...
V

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

even if the story is analogous to the jesus story it still fails and is a story of torture and sadism. thee is no proof that this jesus person did anything other than die that day. everything has remained the same as it was before for 2000 plus years since.

so its just a crude story and glorifying it is sick.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Proudly "sick" then.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So...your point is that the professor is a jerk for setting up the rules to set up an unnecessary situation that causes unneeded suffering?

Also, the parallel sucks because people have evidence of Steve and his deeds but none for Jesus and his deeds

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Yes, this is in fact a parallel universe.

Wow.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have no intentions of getting into an analysis of the 'truth'-value of a parable.

I just object to its fabricated identifications, its gross propaganda and not least the excessively long sugarcoating trying to cover its basic emptiness.

This kind of stuff is for small children, you want to indoctrinate. And I wouldn't be surprised if the author is a JW. It's their style with glossy fantasies and covering-ups of the weak argumentation-points with semantic equilibrism.

I doubt very much if there's anyone here not already familiar with christian redemption doctrine. This infantile retelling doesn't add anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join