It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Bigfoot?... hikers say they have video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My original thoughts were "Why would young teenagers hike off the beaten path?"
But I was young once and all we did was walk around in the woods.
Also, "Who films just walking down a hill?"

Two things:
It's kids just making a good gag.
Or it's genuine.
Only those "hikers" know the answer.

Seems very fishy to me though.

And I've submitted a BFRO report before.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
My original thoughts were "Why would young teenagers hike off the beaten path?"
But I was young once and all we did was walk around in the woods.
Also, "Who films just walking down a hill?"

Two things:
It's kids just making a good gag.
Or it's genuine.
Only those "hikers" know the answer.

Seems very fishy to me though.

And I've submitted a BFRO report before.

why are they hiking with a camara? Right, I hike with camaras all the time

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Here's what happened... "Hey Steve, while we're hiking down this trail, go up ahead and put this gorilla suit on and run that way... this is going to be funny!"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes. Clearly that is bigfoot. Thank God we now have the footage.

CJ

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This is deffiniatly a hoax.. Some one is just randomly recording and happens to capture big foot on film not only that but at the end of the video when its slowed down you can clearly see the camera following the "bigfoot"s movements

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Those people are making too much noise for Bigfoot to just walk by like he didn't know they were there IMO.
I gotta say though with all of the fighting on this forum lately I do miss threads like this...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This should clear it up. A link to it was posted earlier in the thread but for those that missed it.

Blown up single frame picture of the "bigfoot" in the video at the link below [\b]

I'm still going with a guy in a short sleeved ninja type outfit as the "bigfoot" here..

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
For all you naysayers asking why she was filming, it was to capture her friends swatting mosquitoes.

The video is from my iphone. I was filming my friends slapping at ginormous mosquitoes and trying to get through some thick weeds."

kirotv

Given the fact that there were so many mosquitoes about, I would say the image they think is bigfoot is quite possible another hiker wearing a mosquito net hat similar to what beekeepers use to prevent being stung. I say this considering the blown up image does sort of look more like pants and shirt than fur.

The "walking fast" is again because of the mosquitoes and that hiker is on more level ground according to the girl who posted the video.

She is not lying or hoaxing, she/they are merely mistaken.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
My family and I go hiking in the Ozarks every year, usually early in the year when it's still chilly. We do wear jeans if it's brisk out, so there's nothing unusual about that. We also tend to break off the trails now and then, so there's nothing unusual there either. And we do take a camera, our phones and a video camera with us, and lastly, we do tape ourselves while hiking. This clip really looks no different than many we've taken ourselves, so none of that points to a hoax in my opinion. I tend to agree with those who think this is simply another hiker, or perhaps a hunter. He could very well have been relieving himself and got interrupted. He is walking in a funny sort of crouch, but maybe he was trying not to be seen. I'm surprised the hikers didn't notice him, but they may have been so busy swatting mosquitos that they didn't see him.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I agree with "it" looking like a ninja or samurai of sorts.

And why would people randomly be filming on a hike? I call shenanigans!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnedsDawg
I'm just curious as to why one of the supposed hikers is in jeans...

I'm not an expert, but it seems as though this is a hoax. Not because of the actual 'Bigfoot', but because any person going hiking would expect to be out for a long time (2-3 hours minimum), and jeans would not be the appropriate clothing for any amature/experienced hiker.

Why not? I mean, I think this video is a hoax as well, but I have gone hiking in Jeans numerous times.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Apparent white shoes visible in ever frame from 0:34 to 0:38. The walk is way too compact - the walker seems to drop into his knee in order to keep the hunched look. This is not at all how even bonobos walk when they're upright. The arms are a very human length and swing in a very human way.

I can't say for sure the hikers were hoaxing, but whoever was dressed like that and walking like that was doing it on purpose. OR... Bigfoot's lazy meth addict cousin was finally caught on video.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnedsDawg
I'm just curious as to why one of the supposed hikers is in jeans...

I'm not an expert, but it seems as though this is a hoax. Not because of the actual 'Bigfoot', but because any person going hiking would expect to be out for a long time (2-3 hours minimum), and jeans would not be the appropriate clothing for any amature/experienced hiker.

I live in Spokane and I hike in jeans all the time around here. I find snakes and all kinds of other bugs crawlign around and prefer not to get bit in the legs. The main reason this is fake is simply because the river area this is taken at is surrounded by human population. There is roads on every side of the hiking area and houses all around. It is right next to the city. I spend a lot of times in these woods and have seen nothing to indicate anything large. No footprints ect... Also there is no way in hell these people would not have heard a several hundred pound creature running through the woods at that close of distance.

Also note the local Community Colleges school mascot is Bigfoot. I live here, I hike in these woods and I call fake.

Here is the local news report on it.
KXLY Spokane

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have heard some pretty convincing first hand accounts of Bigfoot sightings and I definetly think its possible. Not sure about this video though.....its just to far to tell.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Gotta be honest looks pretty fake. Doesn't appear, to least to me, to have the bulk that we'd expect to see from a 6-8 foot large primate. Obviously I can't say for sure. Would love to know if there's anymore to the video though, to see it in context with the rest of the footage of a normal walk in the woods, otherwise this screams hoax.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The problem with it is the same problem with 99% of videos on this site. They just happened to have the camera on. Or they notice out of hours of hiking footage... yet missed it when it ran by 50 feet from their faces.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Finally! we have a real big foot on camera walking from left to right and they didn't even notice

Slow news week or what?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here's a video analyzing it...
Hiker Bigfoot Video ("Bigfoot Sighting") - Spokane Washington

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Going to say fake. The way the camera is positioned above where they are to catch the supposed thing in question....to me that it. The guy in jeans though? Come on I've gone hiking in jeans before...it's called unprepared but no reason to label it as complete hoax because of that. The camera angle on the other hand...idk just seems ridiculous in the first place to be filming what they were...I mean really is that exciting enough to warrant video taping?

Seems STAGED.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So hes convinced off that its bigfoot? Im convinced with my observations its a ninja.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join