It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Israeli journalist : Israel must stop overplaying the Holocaust card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hell yeah.

Anshel Pfeffer / Israel must stop overplaying the Holocaust card

We don't have to give up on the Holocaust - it is our history and holds central lessons for all human beings - but we have to stop using it as a justification for Israeli policies.

By the way, I found it interesting that when he spoke to AIPAC he didn't feel the need to talk about the Holocaust. As if when among the Jews Bibi feels he has no need to use the doomsday argument, but with the goyim it's another matter. Why does Netanyahu feel the need to play the Holocaust card so often? Is it because he feels that his other arguments are beginning to sound increasingly hollow, is this his last resort? Is he not afraid of trivializing the Shoah?

The Israeli right wing claims to have legitimate arguments why Israel should be very wary of retreating from parts of the West Bank. Do they really need the Holocaust to shore them up? And if they do, doesn't that say something about those arguments?

That's because Netanyahu is a piece of crap with no rational argument to justify his warmongering and war crimes.

Won't be long now before he's called a ``self-hating jew`` or some BS like that for speaking the truth.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The world is waking up to Israels Atrocities they can no longer slaughter innocents in Gaza or Palestine under the guise of "We were persecuted in the Holocaust so no one shall question our policies"

You are absolutely right the basis on which their policy entails goes again'st what they shout out and cry as a guilt trip; to allow them to continue their absurd occupation.

Israel is Hypocritical.

Wake Up Sheeple !

I Commend you Vitchilo True Hero!
edit on 26-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What??? an Israeli finally gets it.

The world has to stop feeling sorry for the Jew and what happened in WW2.
The whole world lost their children defending the world, yet the Jews want to make the world believe that WW2 was all about THEM.
Well,,,,, wake up Jews, and wake up world, it was called World War 2, not the jew wars.
And only when the world stops bending over and stops letting Israel molest the world will this world get better.
WW2 was 60 yrs back, Get over it israel .

Ps We all know what happened to Arial Sharon when he tried change.( stroke BS ) So we know the extreme's israel goes to to silence their critic's.
edit on 26-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The greatest loss of time of my life was speaking with orthodox jews.
They are literally stubborn and aggressive.
That curiously never happened speaking with germans.
They understand and are looking forward not making the same mistakes.
They do not thrives with hatery and doesn't pretend their life is more important vs another country inhabitant.

This journalist has a heart, i'd like to hear more israelis speaking against their officials.
Because we all know now, that Isreal and religion is just a pretext to feed the military industrial complex.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

it's NOT only nethanyahu, it's NOTonly israel

each single day in every western countries there is at least, and this since decades, one mention about the holocaust in MSM.

whether it is historical documentary, whether it is a movie whether it is to portray "antisemitism"...

everyday single day, just check it (obviously those mentions never ever pay any tribute to the Roms/Tzigan that were as much -if not more- deported and killed at the same time, so in fact holocaust is not even a proper term - would be if ONLY the jews were targeted)
edit on 26-5-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Just one day after being convicted of "making light of the suffering of the jews" and sentenced to a 30,000 Euros fine, Dieudonné releases his newest hit song: SHOAHNANAS (HolocaustPineapples)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I know Dieudonné. He's great. He's been basically kicked out of France by the crazy zionists and their uber allies there.

There's good zionists and crazy zionists... like cops.... but it seems there's way more bad zionists than good ones.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

That was a fun payback for Dieudonné .
Its odd how most of the jews around the world are lawyers
and the amount of lawsuits about this subject are staggering.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Yes indeed, I think he's one of the greatest and most important
artist of our generation.

He is able to address the Zionist" issue with intelligence and humor.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Israeli's using the holocaust card in order to justify it's states foreign policy- are tarnishing the memory of the 6,000,000 Jews murdered in Nazi slave labour and concentration camps. Period.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Israeli's using the holocaust card in order to justify it's states foreign policy- are tarnishing the memory of the 6,000,000 Jews murdered in Nazi slave labour and concentration camps. Period.

I hope you meant the alledged 6million killed.
As 6 million jews didn't die. 6 million people did die but they weren't all jews. This is fact.
The jews weren't the only ones that suffered in WW2, when the children of the Jew learn this FACT then maybe the world can grow and move on without all the guilt the Jew throw on us all.
I OWE THE JEW NOTHING, i wont feel guilty about the past as i wasn't born so i did nothing wrong.
If the Jew is tarnished then its the Jews fault.

ETA, I have a joke. Q) What is a Israeli sheperds favourite drink?????
A) Mountain Dew

edit on 27-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
What??? an Israeli finally gets it.

Actually, a great number of Israelis do "get it." Seriously, anyone who's read my posts on the subject knows I criticize Israel heavily. But I'm still aware that a pretty big number, probably even a majority of Israelis, do understand what's going on.

The world has to stop feeling sorry for the Jew and what happened in WW2.

Depends on what you mean by "feeling sorry," I think.

For example, I'm an Indian. Every now and then, some white person will tell me how much they grieve for what happened to my people. And every time I hear something like that, I want to grab them by the neck and smack them around for a while. Not because there's nothing to grieve. Not because there's not still significant issues that need to be addressed. Rather it's because I know that the notion never crossed their mind until they saw me and decided they wanted to make themselves feel good by patronizing me. You want to show solidarity with me? Then don't ever, EVER mention how much respect for "my people's traditions" you learned in the Boy Scouts. It's embarrassing for you and it pisses me off.

And I have to imagine there are lots of Jews who feel the exact same about these false-sincere gestures of "sorrow" and "grief" that are constantly being paraded around. It happened, and hell yes, it was terrible. There's still issues from the Jewish holocaust that still need to be settled, and there are still sentiments and mindsets that could flare into a repeat performance, and THAT needs to be addressed, too. But when world leaders traipse around Auschwitz with camera teams, advisors, makeup crews, and the whole works in tow, it's grotesque.

Remembrance is important. Addressing the actual issues is good. using as an excuse to advertise for your career is sickening, patronizing, and every damn fool who does it needs a slap to the face. Their pity is insincere and should not be tolerated.

The whole world lost their children defending the world, yet the Jews want to make the world believe that WW2 was all about THEM.
Well,,,,, wake up Jews, and wake up world, it was called World War 2, not the jew wars.

Actually it was mostly Russia losing Russians while defending Russia. the US, Britain, free france, etc could have sat it out and the Nazis still would have lost. The Western front was more or less a bunch of pansy generals sipping tea and sending each other dirty limericks over the Enigma Machine, compared to the knock-down, drag-out life and death cosmic struggle on the Eastern front. But I digress.

Thing is... most of Europe's Jews did either perish or suffer extreme trauma from the Third Reich, its allies, and then Stalin's Pogroms. It's really not a joke, they were a class of people being hunted for the crime of existing. it's important now, still. Their six million might be a small figure among hte millions of others who died between 1939-1945, but it DOES still carry an impact today.

And I don't think "the Jews" want squat - except perhaps what every other human being in the world wants. It's not like there's a Jewish hive mind or anything. Some Jews do indeed do exactly as you describe - such as Elie Weisal's struggle against noting the events of the Porjamos (the Roma holocaust) for fear that it would "dilute" the Jewish Holocaust. Most, though? probably don't think about World War 2 any more than you or I do; they have bigger things to worry about, after all, like paying bills and voting for the next American Idol.

And only when the world stops bending over and stops letting Israel molest the world will this world get better.

The world would LOVE to stop bending over for Israel. if only the US would get its boot off the world's collective neck...

WW2 was 60 yrs back, Get over it israel .

Israel is well over it. However. Ever been to a scary movie in the theater, and when the ominous music plays, and something JUMPS at the screen, and the whole theater screams, but it turns out to just be someone's cat? That's what Europe and the US does when someone says "World War II."

Israel exploits this. And tell you the truth, if I had a bunch of rubes who would give me the world if I say a catchphrase, I'd do it, too. They just need to stop being rubes, is all.

Ps We all know what happened to Arial Sharon when he tried change.( stroke BS ) So we know the extreme's israel goes to to silence their critic's.

Ariel Sharon was not doing anything "new." He's was playing the same shell game that Israel's politicians have been playing since the early 60's. The reason he had a stroke was becuase somehow, some blood got into his cholesterol stream. His jowls had their own chins, man, we're not talking someone who was in the best state of physical health.

And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
edit on 27/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

Know what isn't fact? The holocaust statistics are overwhelmingly exaggerated (that's the conspiracy, not my personal opinion).

But I didn't come here to deny the holocaust....just saying.

Back to topic though, every time I read a article about Gazan militants firing rockets into Israel, you always hear Netanyahu say "We have to protect ourselves from the Gazan terrorist or they will try to exterminate the Jewish people like the Nazis tried." Then he goes on talking about Iran, which goes something like this "The Iranians wish to eradicate Israel off the face of the map, just as Hitler wanted to eradicate Jews off the face of the map." THEN I hear this "The Hezbollah leader said he'd finish what Hitler started". Every time I hear these 'jack-wads' spitting their venomous rhetoric, it's always played with a side of sympathy. It just really frustrates me..
edit on 28-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A top Israeli journalist ? Top ??
I swear, this board is getting exponentially more entertaining than watching Jerry springer.

Maybe, just maybe, If you lot stop bringing Israel to every every debate (which is getting boring), portraying them as the most evil entity that ever lived on this planet, than Jews and Israelis might actually feel a bit safer and not the oppressed and prosecuted people they have been for the past 2000 years.

top topics

join