It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking a step back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Before I start I just want to say I enjoy reading everyone's posts and replies, I'm just making an observation here.

It seems to me that everyone in some way shape or form believes what they know to be truth whatever it may be. Now with that being said, sometimes it helps to step back to see if its not our pride that is speaking. People try to express their beliefs as truth for others when really what there talking about isn't really what they are saying. What they are saying is that their pride thinks its right and wants to reassure itself by trying to plant a seed and grow an idea it claims to be its own.

In reality we are ignorant, only do we think we are not. At least that's my opinion.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A lot of people on ATS are thoughtful, nuanced, exploratory, slow to jump to conclusions, willing to entertain multiple lines of thought...

Somebody once said that an inability to handle ambiguity is the clearest sign of stupidity. If somebody has to have the answer *NOW*, or if they think they've got all the answers already, chances are they need to do what the OP says and take a step baaaack...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Well said, it is not easy to admit that you were operating on bad intel.
Some folks coverup lies to save pride, at a huge cost some times.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Many people are happy to perceive to a certain point and then Believe they may know some truth.. that much is natural it seems.

Very few Think their Current Understanding is all the truth, because those few can take on board new information and once assessed alter their current perception/understanding.

Even fewer take the rough, lonely road to seek real truths outside of our comfort zones and Indoctrinated Cultural Beliefs. Those that do are usually seen as being crazy for not following what others Believe. These few will also not attach to any Belief-System because they already understand the Limitations inherent in all Belief-Systems.

In the end, everyone is entitled to their Beliefs, and to share them publicly. We have the right to accept they are where they are and let them be.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I like what you're saying. For me, the only real "truth" is what I've actually experienced, so therefore, it's basically impossible to expect anyone who hasn't had similar experiences happened to them believe in anything I'm saying.

In other words, it's pretty hard to prove anything to anyone else over the internet... yet these forums exist, probably in hopes of people actually stopping to think about things happening to them everyday in the world around them.

In today's society it's almost as if we're rewarded for memorization of others, and punished for thinking for ourselves... but, maybe I'm wrong.

top topics

join