It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket of Instanbul - real or fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Looks pretty real to me!!!

The Istambul Rocket/

Is this a replica (see photo) of an ancient single-seat rocket-ship? That’s what it looks like to Zecharia Sitchin, the leading authority and scholar on the Ancient Astronaut theory. Hidden away in the Istanbul Archaeology Museum in Turkey for a quarter of a century, Sitchin recently convinced the Museum that this artifact may indeed be ancient, and not the modern forgery they concluded it must be, simply because our current view of our ancient history doesn’t include rocket-ships.

Please read: Starting a new thread?
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: add mod note, add some external material

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Nice find!
looking at the pic what would the 'dome' around the pilot be made of?
has this been authenticated?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm in a discussion on another board and they are calling me an idiot... whatever. For people NOT to see the past and the things that the ancienmts did (which to this day we have no clue HOW they did it) indiactes to me that they have their head up their ass, and believe that we are the apex of humanity... I laugh...

In my book, if the ancients could accomplish things that we cannot, along with objects that have the WTF factor, then I think I trust the wisdom and dating of the ancients over man!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is just one of 'these' items that makes me scratch my head.
Ultimately I decided there has to be something to this.
There are too many examples from around the world. . .

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc52b55e692c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b0e95d07ee5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b7d51833172.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Either these ancient people experienced this stuff or they had Sci-Fi story tellers just as good as the one we have today! Oh well, I guess a person can dream can't they, at least for a little while longer! ! ! ! ! ! !

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the validity of this object but it is intriguing especially if its actually that old! It does look like a rocket. Perhaps its from the Rama Atlanteans or Ancient Egyptians or From the Civilization from Gobelki Tepe(Probably a new civilization that will be proven in Eastern Turkey)

If you like this kind of stuff search Graham Hancock on Youtube.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

It says in the article that the artifact isn't of the same style as other pieces of the time, no need to debunk, it debunked itself!

The whole ancient astronaut theory is ridiculous, just a story by Sitchin made to sell books.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

actually sitchin is kind of a wack job, and it was Eric Von Daniken who came up with the "ancient astronaut" theory. how has anything debunked and how is it a ridiculous theory?

too much is out there that tilts more in favor of the theory than a debunking of it. ancient civilizations around the world who probably never knew of eachothers existence have many of the same stories of gods and knowledge of astrology that rivals ours with even todays science.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

If you have any knowledge of history you would know that Danikens claims are unfalsifiable, and therefore ridiculous.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Great post...

i've seen this before...

but is there any pictures available that shows all sides of the "Istanbul Rocket"

Cos every pic I seen is from the same angle...
kinda odd...

for the record... I digg the "Ancient Astronauts Theory"
Infact its almost religious to me

SnF

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by Hardstepah

If you have any knowledge of history you would know that Danikens claims are unfalsifiable, and therefore ridiculous.

Glad you have all the answers for us !

Experts like you who have researched and documented the entire history of Earth are way too smart for us mere bottom dwellers...

Come on dude! Prove that Daniken is wrong...

one reason to add to the discussion... one reason... come on

please

edit on 5/26/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Actually, and I have seen all the pics before, AnteBellum's pictures are more compelling than the initial OP's picture, which if you turned it vertically could just look like someone in a funny hat, with giblet's on show. neither of the sketches along with the picture are completely in sync either. This is not to take away from the OP at all just that there is ambiguity there as seen, and there are gaps that are left to the imagination. On the other hand, AnteBellum's Mayan picture is also a sketch as far as I know, and I have not seen it colourised like this before, the two figurines remain interesting though.

edit on 26-5-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Come on dude! Prove that Daniken is wrong...

I can't prove that an unfalsifiable claim is wrong, that would be a logical impossibility.

Now think about why he would make an unfalsifiable claim to sell a book.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm actually just seeing a bearded figure—possibly like a Gnome—lying on it's side, angled a tiny bit off true so that we can't get a perfect head-on view of it. I have to look very hard, and ignore much of the masonry present, to see a spaceship and occupant. Now, the rocket is from Turkey, just north of Iran/Iraq's Mesopotamian basin, which is just north-east of Kemet—Egypt—who had the bearded dwarf-god Bes. Bes was a bearded dwarf who protected children, fought demons, and overlooked childbirth. Not to say that the Istanbul Rocket IS Bes, but, religious syncretisism often allowed for cultural beliefs and values from one land to blend into others. Egypt deities are found in Mesopotamia, and vice-versa. So, it's possible depictions of Bes traveled North from Egypt as well, changing as they went.

As for the Ancient Astronaut theory, try out this link HERE. The entire project hasn't been translated to English yet, but, several of the more popular Ancient Astronaut images have been covered, and their cultural and artistic origins explained. The religions of man—except of course for the UFO cults, Cargo cults, and Scientology—are not alien in origin. They develop out of animism, shamanism, and evolve to include human philosophy and spirituality. Our deities are not space aliens. They are humans with animal images. Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, Greek polytheism, Norse and Icelandic paganism, early Christian demon and angel beliefs... all of them feature blends between human and animal; not human and alien.

So, while the "rocket" is an interesting find... it is nothing more than a bearded-drawf figure in my opinion. Another poster also said that it was not as ancient as the other relics recovered from the area. If that is true, than it also stands to debunk the rocket as a rocket.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
I'm actually just seeing a bearded figure—possibly like a Gnome—lying on it's side, angled a tiny bit off true so that we can't get a perfect head-on view of it. I have to look very hard, and ignore much of the masonry present, to see a spaceship and occupant. Now, the rocket is from Turkey, just north of Iran/Iraq's Mesopotamian basin, which is just north-east of Kemet—Egypt—who had the bearded dwarf-god Bes. Bes was a bearded dwarf who protected children, fought demons, and overlooked childbirth. Not to say that the Istanbul Rocket IS Bes, but, religious syncretisism often allowed for cultural beliefs and values from one land to blend into others. Egypt deities are found in Mesopotamia, and vice-versa. So, it's possible depictions of Bes traveled North from Egypt as well, changing as they went.

As for the Ancient Astronaut theory, try out this link HERE. The entire project hasn't been translated to English yet, but, several of the more popular Ancient Astronaut images have been covered, and their cultural and artistic origins explained. The religions of man—except of course for the UFO cults, Cargo cults, and Scientology—are not alien in origin. They develop out of animism, shamanism, and evolve to include human philosophy and spirituality. Our deities are not space aliens. They are humans with animal images. Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, Greek polytheism, Norse and Icelandic paganism, early Christian demon and angel beliefs... all of them feature blends between human and animal; not human and alien.

So, while the "rocket" is an interesting find... it is nothing more than a bearded-drawf figure in my opinion. Another poster also said that it was not as ancient as the other relics recovered from the area. If that is true, than it also stands to debunk the rocket as a rocket.

~ Wandering Scribe

How then do you explain the architecture of the ancients and the ability to cut/lift stones of such magnitude that even today A) we don't know how they did it or B) we actually do not have the technology ourselves...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Are you familiar with the ramp? The pulley? The chisel? Rope? Slaves being used to drag blocks with rope?

No mystery here.
But ancient alien proponents love to claim that man was unable to do any of those things back then, which is ridiculous (it happened so they obviously had the ability).

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I would be interested in learning what architecture that you are referring to.

• Stakes, and simple rope connecting them, can offer the blue-print for the Nazca lines. Then, you simply need a creative artist behind the image to create a scaled-down version which the workers would enlarge to create the behemoth images we now see from the sky.

• Private builders, and skilled masons were most likely hired out to undertake the carving, moving, stacking, etc of the pyramids from both the Mesoamerican, and Egyptian lands. Along with (if you still accept it) mass quantities of slave labor.

As the poster above me also said: pulleys, chisels, ramps, ropes, levers. The ancient world was not a collection of illiterate, unintelligent proto-men running around without any idea of how the world worked. Much of the math, tools, irrigation, agricultural advances, and scientific formulas we now rely on had their seeds and germination in the ancient world.

For all that the Greeks did, it was the Babylonians who practiced addition, subtraction, multiplication, and early algebra. Egypt refined, honed, and perfected geometry. India and the Hindus had the first concept of zero, etc. The ancient world is alive with innovation, creation, and inventive logic and reasoning.

So, how did we do it? By the skin of our backs, and the power of our minds. If you believe that humans are too stupid to cut stones, life heavy things in groups, and utilize rope/pulley systems to move objects then that is your own belief. I just don't think we would have survived 10,000 years if we were that stupid.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whenever i see or hear of something like this im always reminded of something my grandmother used to say.

"Everything that was old is new again" makes you think.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm in Istanbul, I've been to the Istanbul Archeaology Museum when I was a kid and I don't remember this object. But this is interesting enough for me to check it out again and take its pictures from all available sides. I'll post them rightaways, but I can go visit there next saturday.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So, I think this is a fake. Why? Well, if it was real, then I could find something on this Dr. Pasinli guy who was mentioned. I did some googling, and all I can find is the exact same story, word for word on many sites. No other references to this doctor guy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join