It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The just-released Arbitron report reveals that a lot less people are listening to right-wing talk radio.

With a lull in ratings since November, Rush Limbaugh had a 3.0 share of listeners for his radio time slot, which is a 33% slide from October and from last April, reports Crain's Business. Meanwhile, The Sean Hannity Show was reported to be down 28% from its peak numbers in the fall.

www.businessinsider.com...

I wonder what the reason for this is? The drop seems to have happened around the elections last year. Whatever the cause, that's still a huge drop.

Some people have either grown tired of the rhetoric...or they simply quit listening after Republicans took the House of Representatives.

And yes, as I'm sure someone will point out...both Limbaugh and Hannity are still 1 and 2 in the ratings.
edit on 26-5-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
sober and boring rush isn't as funny and entertaining as strung out rush on prescription meds and opiates.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
double post

edit on 26-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
the more his ratings drop, the more shrill he becomes, which drives the auduence further away.

I agree with some points he makes, but when you 100% of the time spin things for conservatives, people eventually start to get bored because you are predictable

as jon stewart put it, according to rush obama "crashed a helicopter in pakistan"

I may turn in to hear him try to pump up the GOP nominee, just for laughs

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

This also could indicate that some conservatives (or other listeners) may getting tired of the fear train and need a break.

I'm wondering what their average ratings were before Obama took office?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Their demographics indicate that their audience is rapidly dying off, going deaf, or slipping even further down the path of senile dementia than they were when they started listening to these guys.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Who?
Oh that guy who got laughed out of Rio Linda, the armpit of sacramento so he has been on the eternal rant.
LOL!!
Yeah I think people realize more and more the red vs blue crap is just that.
I'll be glad when he falls off the edge of the ratings world for good, just another dumb cheerleader.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I mean I personally hope that there form of conservatism is dying off. I mean I hope that conservaties don;t ya know leave or stop being conservative. but this respect for the patriot act and supporting of war. Ande just talking about issues that are not pressing to matters that people really care about.

I used to listen to a whole bunch of conservative radio. But I mean every since they took michael savage off here I just have gone away from it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Meh. All this means is his audience is down from the build-up to the mid-term elections. Not exactly ground-breaking stuff. It's a slow period for political commentary, i suspect. And obviously pre-midterm elections would have been high ratings. To assume this is a long-term trend might not be accurate.

edit on 26-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Actually I think maybe it is a move towards indepedent radio or alternative radio. Didn;t ALex Jones get invited to the talkers annual event If I am not mistaken to give a speech. And I know coast to coast am' s listener ship is growing. But I know that might not be fair since they are on at night. But still there might not be definitive proof of this but it might be just a feeling of a shift going on. That people are tired of hearing liberals are enemy number 1 or republicans are the worst people on the planet.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Their demographics indicate that their audience is rapidly dying off, going deaf, or slipping even further down the path of senile dementia than they were when they started listening to these guys.

Hammer+Nail=Above

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Actually I think maybe it is a move towards indepedent radio or alternative radio. Didn;t ALex Jones get invited to the talkers annual event If I am not mistaken to give a speech. And I know coast to coast am' s listener ship is growing. But I know that might not be fair since they are on at night. But still there might not be definitive proof of this but it might be just a feeling of a shift going on. That people are tired of hearing liberals are enemy number 1 or republicans are the worst people on the planet.

No. I can say with a great deal of certainty that Limbaugh listeners are NOT going over to Alex Jones. If you ever actually listened to Limbaugh enough to know him and his audience, you would know they are two TOTALLY different demographics.

I get that you people want to believe this data means his audience is withering, but it doesnt. It means they are down from a high-water mark around a politically excitable time. IF his numbers continue to decline as we approach this time next year, n the heat-up for the 2012 elections, then you might have something.

At this point, it's like comparing winter and summer temperatures.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Not surprising. A large number of folks listen to these shows either at work or on the way to work. With Obama's, leftist economic policies, failed stimulus, bailouts, incoherent, confiscatory tax policy, continued desire for deficit spending, there are a ton of folks who ain't driving to work, let alone working.

His brilliant handling of the middle-east situation, resulting in high gas prices has even kept those folks who were out of work due to his policies out of their cars.

Well, Obama and the left have long wanted to destroy talk radio. Perhaps this is their formula for success.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Not surprising. A large number of folks listen to these shows either at work or on the way to work. With Obama's, leftist economic policies, failed stimulus, bailouts, incoherent, confiscatory tax policy, continued desire for deficit spending, there are a ton of folks who ain't driving to work, let alone working.

LOL. Keep swingin', buddy.

I guess all those unemployed and retired guys I know who listen to limbaugh dont factor in to your ill-conceived theory.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I guess people got tired of Rush saying stuff and actually went outdoors to play with nature while there is still the fresh smell of freedom left in America. Or that people are either too busy to care and there's no one to fix the stuff Rush keeps talking about.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It would have been nice to see liberal talk-radio shows ratings in comparrison.
Hmmm. . . .
talkers.com...

Got it.

Folks, please take a look at the link provided. I see much ado about nothing, but you are free to make up your own minds. Although the title of this thread did get my attention.
Cheers

beez
edit on 26-5-2011 by beezzer because: this edit was brought to you by the letter "h"

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It really shouldn't surprise anyone, should it? Ratings tend to spike during election cycles so if you're using an election year as your baseline, yeah, you're probably going to see a significant decline in the months following that election. The only thing it indicates is that people usually take a break from politics following an election cycle.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It's the economy. Some Republicans think the economy is doing better, so now the Obama the evil democrat is doing a horrible job line isn't as pleasureful to listen to. Let's face it, that's the main draw of these hotheads, watch them get pissed off over ever little slipup the liberals go through. *sigh* Too bad non of it matters at all.... Baaahhhh Baaahhhhh.
edit on 27-5-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Dang it you beat me to it. Most people don't have a clue what Vaudville was and Rush is just entertainment. After my father dies my mother quit listening about 6 months later because he wasn't funny anymore

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I stopped listening to him. I hope I didn't contribute to his lessening audience.
But I just couldn't stomach him any longer. To be fair, I also stopped listening to all popular media. They're nothing but control mechanisms. Yes, Rush and Glenn, included.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join