It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Cloud could cause cataclysmic solar event, but could also be responsible for current increase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have seen this referenced before on ATS regarding a possible 'Solar Event' could wipe out technology in the world, taking us back to the dark ages.

Link...

Naturally I have been keeping my eye on this subject and I came across this article Link.... The cause for the sun having more flare activity, which could lead to the so-called 'Super Flare' or 'Solar Storm' is due to our solar system passing through an interstellar energy cloud.

Terrified scientists at NASA discovered on July 14, 2010 that our system is passing through an interstellar energy cloud. This highly energized, electrified cloud of gas is disturbing and disrupting the sun. In conjunction with Earth's weakening and moving magnetic shield, the world is becoming defenseless against massive solar flares and intense radiation.

This seems to indicate that if a serious solar event occurred, it wouldn't just wipe our technology out but potentially us as well. I did a bit more digging on the energy cloud and found this.

Link....

One thing that stood out to me was the reference to how long it would take us to get through:

When asked how long will it take our sun to pass through this interstellar energy cloud, Dr. Dmitriev replied, "I don't know. But If I had to guess, I would say somewhere between two thousand to three thousand years."

And then with this:

Link...

On Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained.

Is this peroid of our solar system passing through this energy cloud be respoinsible for the increase in the natural disasters, earthquakes etc that we have seen on our planet? It seems more plasuible to me that the Elenin alignment theory. Considering that we entered it in 2009 and also suggesting the deeper we get, the more effect it will have on our planet (and solar system) this would also support the recent increase of 'disasters'. Clearly though, if it is going to take us a couple of thousand years to get through, its going to be a rocky ride.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I remember reading about this cloud. I believe it was being referred to as The Photon Belt?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraithXV
I remember reading about this cloud. I believe it was being referred to as The Photon Belt?

I had not heard it referred to as that before, so I looked it up and found this:

Link....

Not finished reading it yet but it is all very '2012', thanks for the info

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So are you up to speed yet?
edit on 5/26/2011 by WraithXV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
In the end, I'm going to end up in a mental ward, snorting Xanax off a table or running down the street, consuming my shirt and pants. Thank you for my panic attack today

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

So are you up to speed yet?
edit on 5/26/2011 by WraithXV because: (no reason given)

Most of what I have found regarding the Photon Belt appears to be more 'metaphysical' than scientific and whilst I don't take issue with that, I am not sure if this is the same thing.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sorry

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Terrified scientists"?
Evidence that the interstellar fluff is "disturbing and disrupting the sun"?
Evidence that the world is "becoming defenseless"?
Please don't look for science from that site.

Either of those sites for that matter. No one seems to be able to locate this "Astrophysicist Alexei Dmitriev".

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This must be the same stuff - space fluff

science.nasa.gov...

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C. The existential mystery of the Fluff has to do with its surroundings. About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas. The Fluff is completely surrounded by this high-pressure supernova exhaust and should be crushed or dispersed by it.

The Fluff is held at bay just beyond the edge of the solar system by the sun's magnetic field, which is inflated by solar wind into a magnetic bubble more than 10 billion km wide. Called the "heliosphere," this bubble acts as a shield that helps protect the inner solar system from galactic cosmic rays and interstellar clouds. The two Voyagers are located in the outermost layer of the heliosphere, or "heliosheath," where the solar wind is slowed by the pressure of interstellar gas.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

Most of what I have found regarding the Photon Belt appears to be more 'metaphysical' than scientific and whilst I don't take issue with that, I am not sure if this is the same thing.

Oh, my apologies. From what I read of this supposed Photon Belt, it was a large golden nebula which would take several thousands of years for our solar system to pass through. Along the way it was 'supposed' to unlock certain parts of our characters to make us all 'enlightened'. I just figured they where the same entity.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
"Terrified scientists"?

Either of those sites for that matter. No one seems to be able to locate this "Astrophysicist Alexei Dmitriev".

Yeah, anything from beforeitsnews, I tend to not read. :shk:
The fluff sounds interesting, it shows the strength of our heliosphere.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Welp if humanity is going to be dealing with this for the next couple of thousands of years seems like we will have to adapt. I wonder if a cloud similar to this was passed through during past extinction events here on Earth. Nice find.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by Phage
"Terrified scientists"?

Yeah, anything from beforeitsnews, I tend to not read. :shk:
The fluff sounds interesting, it shows the strength of our heliosphere.

Before it's news ? I thought whoever was serious about this.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

The OP's last link was to the Huffpost, I think they're OK. The "energy cloud" is there, but our solar system is well protected. There could be effects, but probably (hopefully) not catastrophic. Maybe all the planets warming up some? Probably not in our time either, we've been in the fluff for a couple of years already.

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

"There could be interesting times ahead!" says Opher.

To read the original research, look in the Dec. 24, 2009, issue of Nature for Opher et al's article, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System."

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AtlantisX99

Oh, my apologies. From what I read of this supposed Photon Belt, it was a large golden nebula which would take several thousands of years for our solar system to pass through. Along the way it was 'supposed' to unlock certain parts of our characters to make us all 'enlightened'. I just figured they where the same entity.

Wraith,you don't think this has anything to do with a recent thread that was deleted referring too something happening around Oct/Nov of this year of some event of maybe not of this dimension,do you?
Something metaphysical?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

No. The gentlemen in the other thread was referring to an economic collapse of the United States.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is why they built the dumbs. The russian report proves that ,and all the hydrogen and cold cloud seeding makes sense now too.

tmgnow.com... comes from a 1997 publication ,so it shows this long term awareness, of the pole shift, and the earth changes then, and coming. This means this is the event.

I suppose this is the same cloud that I found articles on that was called Fluffy.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. Here are two other links related to the OP. All said this is pretty fascinating stuff.

video: topic: heliosphere
www.nasa.gov...

Researcher bio/info with link to NASA article about OP
people.bu.edu...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Title: The Local Bubble, Local Fluff, and Heliosphere
Authors: Frisch, P. C.

Journal: Lecture Notes in Physics, vol.506, The Local Bubble and Beyond. Lyman-Spitzer Colloquium, Proceedings of the IAU Colluquium No. 166 held in Garching, Germany, 21-25 April, 1997, XXVII, 603pp. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg New York (ISBN 3-540-64306-0),

~note this paper is from a Harvard Authority~

++++

our solar system has been plowing through this molecular cloud (1 of 3 parts) since 1997--- like a bow of a ship cutting thru the ocean, creating a compression wave that Dolphins 'surf' on & getting a free ride as it were...

this is not the event that will cause men to hide in the mountains & caves as predicted,
the molecular cloud has little chance of collapsing the Suns heliosphere and contaminating the solar system with high energy particles...

but IF the theoretical Galactic Center Super Wave passes through this cloud we are going through right now, then lots of Gamma rays & such will penetrate the Heliosphere causing lots of havoc on our DNA and all life on the planet

i'd say the € and $ will collapse before the heliosphere collapses

ADD:

Member Kovenov
give this post a star

posted on 12-2-2012 @ 14:44 this post
Interesting stuff. Here are two other links related to the OP. All said this is pretty fascinating stuff.

video: topic: heliosphere
www.nasa.gov...

Researcher bio/info with link to NASA article about OP
people.bu.edu...

thanks for the links

atta boy given
edit on 12-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Since when do photons cluster into a nebula ??? Its all quack

top topics

join