It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Daughter shoots dad with arrow over cell phone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
I see a few parents here and there talking about their great kids.. and that kids who aren't behaving great do so because of bad parenting, etc.

Very few understand the most critical thing about kids..... that there are two basic kinds of kids.

1. Malleable Children:- These are the ones who obey rules, who are a delight to raise most of the time. They will take on board what their parents say and alter their behaviours accordingly.

Parents of these kids have no idea how easy they really have it.

2. Ruthless Children:- These are the ones who push the limits all the time, who pester 24/7/365, who refuse to follow rules, who are totally focused on Me, Me, Me to the detriment of anyone else except their friends. Their sole focus is on getting what they want, when they want it. They are extremely intelligent in most cases and use that intelligence for Manipulation.

Parents of these kids go grey early from the incredible amount of stress involved in rasing them. A "good" parent with these types of kids will Love them enough to go the hard yards with them.. and will try at every turn to find a way to deal with them more effectively. There is little support for these Parents.

Thankyou for posting this..I couldn't agree with you more. I applaud the parents who struggle so hard trying to be a good parent...with little result. I myself thought I would go crazy during the teen years with my son. My daughter was easy. They both had the same set of parents.

My son has really matured in the last 8 years though,and I must say..for those of you who think there is no light at the end of the tunnel...hang in there..there is.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

oops..my apologies..I totally misunderstood what you were saying..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

as a jailbreaker for hire i see this crap all the time
it takes me about 2hrs to jailbreak, get cydia up to date, unlock if possible and install apps usually 60 or more as i use ifunbox to batch install add wallpapers some music and vids to populate itunes library etc..

i've had clients who were adults who pay up front and come back the next day ["so i can take my time" ]

but any body under 20?

i have told them 2hrs

they are back in 15 minutes

"is it done yet?"

oh and the adults? they check everything out and often pay me more than what we agreed.

the under 20s?
more often than not they will claim hardship, or actually try to cheat me, i dropped my guard once and a kid who was supposed to pay me 10 stinking bucks gives me a 1 wrapped in a 5er

they've got money for iphones, cars, beer, and drugs
but they can't afford to spend 30$ for a job well done.

as a previous posters have pointed out they are what their elders allowed them to be made into,

the monsters bred by the sleep of reason as it were.

this kid needs to be evaluated as she is a potential sociopath if not a full blown psychopath
edit on 26-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

edit on 26-5-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Hi Gabby,

The best advice I ever got about parenting through the teen years was simply this.... "you all hang on for grim death and hope you make it."

I was also told that girls can start to come out of the "bitch from hell" routine at around 17 or 18.. if you are lucky.

And I agree, that somewhere from late teens to late twenties, many will start to mature and come good.... if they choose to that is.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Sounds about right on the advice.

I'm sure thats how the father of this young girl was feeling at the time. He must have been trying his best to discipline her the best way he knew how.

I don't know the details,and not sure we'll ever truly know, but like caladonea said..just very sad,and a no win situation for both of them.

edit on 26-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

The problem is simple.. Children think they should have Adult Rights and do whatever they want when they want.

They refuse to see that they are still children.. their actions prove their lack of maturity.. yet they do not see it.

Its not that they DONT see it. Its that they CANT see their own lack of maturity. The part of the brain that "regulates" impulse control and calculates consequences, costs and benefits, the highest reasoning center, is not even fully physically formed until around the age of 25. And even then, not everyone really learns to use it well.

I hate to say it, but, I do blame parents for this. Kids biologically have not changed much over the last several centuries. Parenting has changed. Television is the primary parent and talks to the kids much, much more than the biological parents do, and the biological parents have basically reduced themselves to the providers of the money the kids need to buy the things TV and other media tell them they have to have.

Corporations are sociopaths. And ad campaigns go straight for the ego. Despite all the mouthing we do in this country about how religious/spiritual we are, in fact, the ego has never been more God than it is right now. We are a nation of self absorbed sociopaths on average, and if you look at who/what pop culture idolized, you can clearly see that thats what we are aiming for.

(Of course, there are always exceptions)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The mistake of a split second decision wrongly fueled by senseless anger to live forever with the regret.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Kid don't need cell phones!

I am sorry but teens today are spoiled ungrateful brats.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Wow, someone needs anger management 101. I know when I was a teen (and still even know) I want to shoot some people when they make me angry, but I know how to deal with that until I cool down enough to realize that's a very bad idea.

She needs help, we don't need kids running around hurting people because their toy got taken away. Scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join