It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cost of Freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So what is the actual cost of freedom? I know some members may state we are not free but are controlled by the higher powers that be. However what we see in the United states is all the outcome of freedom. From political scandals, to price gougeing at the pumps. Here is some food for thought.

United States National dept: 14.2 billion and rising, If americans were not free to choose what they buy, where they manufacture, who they hire and how much they sell it for, good jobs that include a pension , social security, meidcare/medicade,and an extremely overpowered military this debt may not be so large.

Federal Budgets: over the last 10 years the federal budgets cost the American public $6,080,000,000,000

Mortgages: who would have thought you could sign your next 30 years of your life away to a shady bank with more small print than an encyclopedia for ants. Is it not the "American Dream " to have that white picket fence with a one family home in a quiet neighborhood? Unfortunately for you if you come under hard times and cant afford your home those crooked banks will be there to sweep it up from under your feet. oh and by the way you most likely lost your job due to a failing economy due to other people freedoms to screw the next guy. With nearly a million forclosures this year alone, I think ill become a banker! what better buisness to be in when you can sell something over and over again.

American death tolls (war related): 2.5 million and counting, as war serves the intrest of the powers that be it is the right of free thought to place our men and women in harms way. If the Govt dont want war, there will be no war.

The thought of conflict around the world places" FEAR" on the American public, this is why we have the military we do, this is why this country is the way it is today. Fear = control, once you have fear in the equartion you can see that the cost of freedom is at the ultimate price. A people is no longer free if they are huddled in a corner wondering when the next attack, economic collapse, bank collector will come knocking.

So i guess the ultimate price of freedom is ourselfs.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The government is getting more than out of control. After the news I read today about House passing a $690 billion defense bill, I am enraged. Making signs at the moment for the 4th of July protest.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Actually...

In all seriousness, though, as Jefferson said:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

It's a sad fact that we really appear to no longer be vigilant here in the US. For decades, now, we have grown spoiled and apathetic, effectively ignoring those in power as they accumulated more and more influence, wealth, and prosperity for themselves and their friends at our expense. Despite claims to the contrary, we erred and let a multitude of (wasteful and ineffective) regulatory commission and agencies be set up, only to then allow a revolving door of corruption and reward as companies bought off those agencies to achieve their will and then cycled the friendly regulators into cushy jobs.

More recently, we have betrayed the claim that we are the land of the free by allowing civil wars upon our own citizens under the guise of defense from drugs, terror, and the like - also exposing to the world the lie that we are the land of the brave.

Until we step back from our roman circuses (the sports that we can somehow muster so much attention for, and aptly-named American Idol), our guns and our butter, and realize on a WIDE scale extending far beyond ATS, to our disconnected friends and family who idly chatter and titter, we shall continue on this path. The true shame lies in that we cannot tread the path much further, as it is becoming shifting sands and a sicking morass of empty promises and false hopes.

Please, talk to those elsewhere about these things. There is a general awareness of wrongness out there, but until the people are made fully aware, until they realize that they must stir and hold feet to the fire...this is what we are left with.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableNo1

I just read that they passed that bill, i wonder how much is black??

top topics

join