It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob lowe "Charlie Sheen thinks 'moons hollow'"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

The moon is not hollow. The moons gravity holds sway over our tides yes? The moon needs enormous mass to have that kind of gravity. The moon cannot be hollow and have the gravitational pull that it does. Not to say its just one big chunck of rock. It probably is full of caverns and caves much like earth but no molten core.
edit on 27-5-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for
people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."
-- Noam Chomsky

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Rob Lowe said what about Charlie Sheen?

Wait, let me check the math on this.

...relevance to anyone's life....
...carry the one then factor into pi...
...divided by two and a half men...
...where x equals "news"...
...ah, here we go!

Nope, don't care.

This was rude.
But also quite clever. Made me giggle!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
Maybe this is a crazy question to ask, especially 3 pages into the thread and all but I kind of feel like at least someone has to ask.

How the hell would Charlie Sheen know whether or not the moon was hollow anyway?

Probably read it here on ATS.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Speak metaphorically, and suddenly you're insane? He doesn't really think he's a fighter jet. It's called a metaphor. Kinda shocked how many people here recite Mainstream media quotes like it's their job.

Come up with your own crap, you sound like a mindless zombie.

He looked damed serious when he said he had tiger blood. Made me want to go get a test, see if a person really could have tiger blood in their veins. LOL. Metaphor is one thing. The ramblings of this man were much more than metaphorical. They were paranoid and egotistical and delusional.
Sidebar: Any reason you capitalized the M in mainstream media? Just asking ...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
People who think the moon is hollow often are associated with hollow earth, north pole hole, several alien races fighting to either save or destroy humans, etc..etc... There is nothing near proof of these guys' claims.

It is interesting and would make for a great movie but that is all.
edit on 27-5-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

The moon is not hollow. The moons gravity holds sway over our tides yes? The moon needs enormous mass to have that kind of gravity. The moon cannot be hollow and have the gravitational pull that it does. Not to say its just one big chunck of rock. It probably is full of caverns and caves much like earth but no molten core.
edit on 27-5-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

What if the earth was hollow as well? Would that not cancel-out your arguement?

And where is the neutral point of gravity between earth and the moon?

Why does the moon have 66% of earth's gravity?

Why is nasa going to announce that the moon has water below its crust?

Why are the astronauts not allowed to speak about what they saw during their moon trip 40 years ago? They said they saw "enormous cities on the far side and ufos hiding in craters". Do you remember the *santa claus* codeword for ufos?

What about the great tower and glass structures?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
*Breaking News* The andromedans are on the phone line.................

Interesting no?

Man your stations vulcans and I want full energy shield with plasma canon. NOW!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by gabby2011

You are mistaken, RE: 'hollow moon'.

And, no....not "according to NASA". I know what you are likely referring to. An unfortunate choice of words, long ago, after the first seismometers were placed by Apollo.....

The fact that the seismic waves reverberated....and, one scientist chose the phrase "rang like a bell" leaves the false impression. Because, people have a mental mind's-eye vision of a bell.....which, of course, is 'hollow'.

However, what else can vibrate, and resonate?

A tuning fork.

A solid steel rod.

A piece of solid stone.

Etc....

The Moon is solid, and the resonance was more pronounced than similar situations on Earth, because our liquid core dampens the reverbs...the Moon's is dead, inside....no active, molten 'liquid' center.

edit on Thu 26 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

And how do you "prove" that the Earth has a liquid molten core? Anyone ever been down there to see it? I didn't think so.

Their studies have shown that the Moon has such a low density that it would float in water, which would indicate that either it is hollow, or it's made of cheese, or of stone that floats. Which is it?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Oh PLEASE...do site a source for this:

Their studies have shown that the Moon has such a low density that it would float in water......

Can't wait to read it.

And, the Earth molten interior? Documented, many ways. IN fact, it's the reason we have the benefits of a magnetic field.......

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
Nice to see a fellow believer way up in Hollywood.

Linki

He also calls him 'smart' , 'nuts' and a 'conspiracy theorist.

Now if this man got behind any movement it sould have serious sway.
edit on 26-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: elaborated & grammar

Why would anything a drug addled actor have to say, have any bearing on anything that is happening in the world today?

Why would anyone believe what Charlie Sheen has to say any more than they would believe what the local street corner prophet (lunatic) has to say?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Oh PLEASE...do site a source for this:

Their studies have shown that the Moon has such a low density that it would float in water......

Can't wait to read it.

And, the Earth molten interior? Documented, many ways. IN fact, it's the reason we have the benefits of a magnetic field.......

OK, you got me on the Moon floating in water, however it is far less dense than the Earth for some reason.

On the other hand, please do citesome of your "documentation" of the Earth's molten interior.....in many ways, eh? Name even ONE. This is a backwards logic way of trying to explain the unknown reason for the Earth's magnetic field, and based on the fact that volcanoes spew lava. Comparable to popping a zit and saying it PROVES your whole body is full of pus.

Sorry to get off topic here, but....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Research seismic P waves and S waves......they will prove that the earth's core has a molten centre.

Simple really.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The moon also has a magnetic field.

The moon could be hollow.

What happens to a geodynamo when it fades out, does it simply become solid, or could it be expelled outward, leaving a hollow cavity.

We just don't know, and to say we do know, would be just ridiculous.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

The moon also has a magnetic field.

IF you would care to get your facts accurate.......:

The external magnetic field of the Moon is very weak in comparison to that of the Earth. Other major differences are that the Moon does not currently have a dipolar magnetic field (as would be generated by a geodynamo in its core) and the varying magnetization that is present is almost entirely crustal in origin.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, I know what's coming next........

The moon could be hollow.

No....as already described. Do the math.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

LOL - the voice really creeps me out. I'm going to have nightmares tonight

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Perhaps reading is not your strong suit.

The moon does have a magnetic field...very good! It's not the same as Earth, but it has one.

Make a point next time, if you're trying to counter someone else.

There are varying reasons why the moon has a mostly crustal field, one of which could be that it's.... hollow.

It even says that in the very article you linked.

"get my facts straight" ???

I said it has a magnetic field. It does. You can't read.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Research seismic P waves and S waves......they will prove that the earth's core has a molten centre.

Simple really.

What if the molten core was actually the internal sun?

Just a thought that passed me bye..........

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

Absolutely wrong.....you dare to claim that I can't read!?:

There are varying reasons why the moon has a mostly crustal field, one of which could be that it's.... hollow.

NO...it clearly states, it's due to the Moon lacking a geo-dynamic core. NOT, that it *lacks* a core...it lacks an ACTIVE core!

And, the simple fact that there is no way, no how that the Moon can be hollow, is due to its known mass and density.

It is not composed of some *magical*, unknown material that would have the required density to exhibit the characteristics of orbit that would be needed for just a *shell* of the Moon.

There is NO planetary formation concept, either, to account for a *hollow* Moon.

And, there have been ongoing seismic data collections for years, thanks to Apollo and the placement of sensors on the surface. Are you suggesting that you (or, *shudder* to think...Charlie Sheen!? LOL!) know more about geology than thousands of experts, and educated people, in that field???

Wow!!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Tephra

Absolutely wrong.....you dare to claim that I can't read!?:

NO...it clearly states, it's due to the Moon lacking a geo-dynamic core. NOT, that it *lacks* a core...it lacks an ACTIVE core!

And, the simple fact that there is no way, no how that the Moon can be hollow, is due to its known mass and density.

How can scientists know the internal mass and density when they have not drilled into the core before? Picking up some lunar rocks or doing crash landing surface explosions will not account for anything other than surface data.

Most of the mass is located on the surface and the moon lacks a core because its probably hollow, not to mention "rings like a bell" and the superficial depth of most craters in relation to their width and length.

It is not composed of some *magical*, unknown material that would have the required density to exhibit the characteristics of orbit that would be needed for just a *shell* of the Moon.

There is NO planetary formation concept, either, to account for a *hollow* Moon.

According to telepathic communications between humans and andromedans(did you watch those two videos?) the moon is 6.2 billion years old and was tugged behind an asteroid to finally be placed into orbit around earth. It probably came from ursus minor and is being mined for helium 3. It has underground bases occupied by greys, reptillians and hu-man collaborators.

Can you handle the truth? And please no cursing this time because I will send the pleadians to probe you.

edit on 5/29/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join