It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV footage from INSIDE the Joplin Tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a MUST WATCH, the flank of the Tornado itself hit a block away so what your seeing is mesocyclonic winds (rotating winds) around the funnel. But even this goes to show you might not get hit directly by a Tornado but the danger is all around.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

Amazing footage. The guy who posted the video said he has many more to share and will be uploading them by the weekend.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Amazing stuff. A trampoline coming at you at 200 mph must be pretty scary.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The video gives a rare point of view, right in the center

Thanx for posting

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
completely mesmerizing. thx for sharing. crazy long for a twister.
2nd line

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow.

The trampoline was saying,

"I think I can, I think I can"

S+F
edit on 26-5-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I may have to orientate myself a little. But going off knowledge I believe the Tornado itself is behind the camera, with the inflow evident up to 3.30 on the film, before outflow from the wind change happens thereafter and the gusts are downdraughts with some pieces of debris raining down onto the garden.

Nearly all Northern Hemispheric Tornadoes rotate clockwise and drawing a quick sketch puts the Tornado directly behind the house, with the guy who took the video saying the house wasn't directly hit itself but the city from a block away was the downtown area that the Tornado path'd through. So inflow and downdraughts is what your looking at

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Anyone else noticing the animal (dog or cat, maybe) at about 2:20 in the video? It comes rolling along down the yards with all the other debris, then hits the little sapling in the middle of the camera's field of vision, and finds its feet and scarpers. Poor lil' guy.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AshOnMyTomatoes

Wow good eyes.... didnt see that the first time.... definitely looks like a kitty to me.... think that mustve cost him a few lives

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These events are starting to hit too close to home.

I can't imagine the hard times these people are going through.

top topics

join