It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Big boy thread

I would like to have a discussion on the morality of America. This is tricky I do not know where the appropiate place to start at is. But lets begin shall we with the youth of America. Where would you view their oral compass at? In passing I have seen quite a few stories on ATS about kids and young people doing outrageous and violent things. I have aso seen and read things in the news about this locally. This just might be the case of this is the exterme and it makes the news because it is the extreme.

The next aspect I would like to talk about is do we truly have compassion in this country? Do we care about one another our neighboors? One of the things that I think has taken hold in America is the "me first culture" This means to me where you say I just care about taking care of me and mine. This brings up for me the high tech illusion entrapment sysytem where people justw ant to stay in their bubbles. Now is that morally acceptable to just want to stay in your bubble? I am truly asking that as a question to people.

I wanted to do this because i see so many people in my networks and on ATS say when will the people rise up and get there rights and liberties back? Others say the people are to stupid and lazy to do anything about it So i wanted to analyze and critically think, why this is. And to me if people say ignorance is the key issue I see that ignorance is just the symptom of it. The cause may be which I am alledgeing in this that we are Morally corrupt in America.

Lets just real quick jump to the political. Is it not the sign of a morally corrupt country when we can just attack all different manner of countries and it just goes on an on? I mean can you look someone from a country we are attacking in the eye and if they ask " hey why are you attacking my country"? and say well it's to keep us safe here in America.

Even if know one think's what I am talking about is worth while and it's stupid. Let me leave the people who inspired me to first do this with this. For my new years resolution this passed year I said I was going to fight for the heart and soul of my countrymen.

I think this Thomas Jefferson qoute is very powerful. "Cherish the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their error, but reclaim them by enlightening them" Thomas Jefferson 1787

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It saddens me to say this but from the sentiment I feel in America NOTHING is going to change.

People are absolutely CLUELESS to the fact that their government has sold them down the river.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
America is morally corrupt. Everyone has a massive sense of entitlement, and you're right, it's the "me first" generation at this time in the USA, and throughout the Western World in general.

People don't care about their neighbors, most people don't even KNOW their neighbors by name. People don't check up on the little old lady living down the street by herself that no one's seen in three weeks.

Everyone wants everything right here, right now, and gets incredibly upset when they can't have whatever they think they are entitled to.

People need to be reminded of their own personal responsibilities for their own actions before they can be reminded of morals and ethics. Anything that anyone does is someone else's fault. Even criminals performing serious acts are found to be "not responsibile for their actions" for all sorts of reasons.

It's time that we went back to a moral and ethical agenda. The biggest problem with this is that everyone has their own idea as to what this should be, and with the massive sense of personal entitlement that everyone has combined with the "it's someone else's problem" mentatility that everyone has, the country will never move forward.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I would like to have a discussion on the morality of America. This is tricky I do not know where the appropiate place to start at is. But lets begin shall we with the youth of America. Where would you view their oral compass at? In passing I have seen quite a few stories on ATS about kids and young people doing outrageous and violent things. I have aso seen and read things in the news about this locally. This just might be the case of this is the exterme and it makes the news because it is the extreme.

An important aspect of judging morality is what it's being compared to. America's much better than things were during most of the biblical times. Also better than places currently ran by the Taliban. And I'm speaking morality, along with living standards. I can't really compare to a lot of other places though. Is it better in Europe? Or Canada? I don't know.

The next aspect I would like to talk about is do we truly have compassion in this country? Do we care about one another our neighboors? One of the things that I think has taken hold in America is the "me first culture" This means to me where you say I just care about taking care of me and mine. This brings up for me the high tech illusion entrapment sysytem where people justw ant to stay in their bubbles. Now is that morally acceptable to just want to stay in your bubble? I am truly asking that as a question to people.

A key principle taught in the satanists bible, is that if everyone focused on taking care of themselves instead of each other, everyone's quality of life would be better, even if less fare.

In all honestly, Capitalism is the exact same principle as the satanists have, but put in the economy. Does it work? Yes, we have it better here material wise, is it moral? I don't think so, not exactly, but that ties into a select few individuals on top, not morality of everyone. "Me first culture" doesn't mean morality as a whole is bad.

And it's completely morally acceptable to just want to stay in your bubble.

I wanted to do this because i see so many people in my networks and on ATS say when will the people rise up and get there rights and liberties back? Others say the people are to stupid and lazy to do anything about it So i wanted to analyze and critically think, why this is. And to me if people say ignorance is the key issue I see that ignorance is just the symptom of it. The cause may be which I am alledgeing in this that we are Morally corrupt in America.

Lets just real quick jump to the political. Is it not the sign of a morally corrupt country when we can just attack all different manner of countries and it just goes on an on? I mean can you look someone from a country we are attacking in the eye and if they ask " hey why are you attacking my country"? and say well it's to keep us safe here in America.

Now, again, we have a select few individuals. Many corrupt politicians. There's bad apples everywhere, we've got them in a lot of the worst spots to have them, but not everyone's a bad apple.

Even if know one think's what I am talking about is worth while and it's stupid. Let me leave the people who inspired me to first do this with this. For my new years resolution this passed year I said I was going to fight for the heart and soul of my countrymen.

I think this Thomas Jefferson qoute is very powerful. "Cherish the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their error, but reclaim them by enlightening them" Thomas Jefferson 1787

Really feels like there's some religious baiting in you're thinking here, which I'm not going to address directly because you didn't express it flat out.

America is far from perfect, everyone knows that, including the morals. Relatively, is "Morally Corrupt" a reasonable explanation? I don't think so, not as a whole. Speaking about a lot of the individuals though, yes, many, American or not, are morally corrupt.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What's even worse is if America were to experience anything like the Great Depression now a days it would be utter chaos. Too many younger people I know are preparing for "2012" or anarchy they feel is coming and what they're after are firearms. Not food supplies, learning how to farm effectivley, learning survival skills, hunting. I'm sure this is being done in country areas, absolutely, but in a big city it seems everyone thinks "guns".

In the 1930's, you might approach a person's house and offer services, trade skills for food. I wouldn't be surprised if now people would approach a house with a gun intending to take anything useful. Or, approach causing worry and immidiate action from the owners, shooting them dead.

Plus so many people are incredibly into their sub-culture and being so many of them, we've never been so divided as a people. I imagine groups being formed around their previous sub-culture alighnment or hopefully, realize how shallow and meaningless their sub-cultures really are.

From what I know, I would bet morality as a whole across the USA has taken a serious beating. But i'm still younge and have no honest idea on how moral Americans were in the past.

*Edit* It seems it's being ingrained more and more that we live in a dog eat dog world, for lack of a better term. You have to take what you need, nice people finish last and no one wants to be last. "Only the strongest survive"
edit on 26-5-2011 by Artanis667 because: *edit* portion

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

So does not fall to other people int his country to CLUE them in?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sure seems like a lot of pessimism going on here.

Most Americans and people in general are good people. That is all. Yes there are bad seeds everywhere you go, but for the most part, people are good.

Most people will help out another when called upon. Not everyone will pick up a hitchhiker, but people will lend a hand when they can, as long as it's not some creepy guy with a hockey mask and a battle axe.

You guys may have given up on humanity, but I haven't.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Would it be possible and I am not saying ther eis a candidate out there right now. That someone could run on that platform. And say hey we neet to return to our moral and ethical roots. and get that back and come otogether ont hat and go forward on issues?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Michelangelo

I agree, not all is lost, there are still people out there who believe in loving virtues and actually act on them. I'm just talking about my conversations with some of the people I've had "when the # hits the fan" conversations with.

One of my good friends step-mother, a conservative christian (says she is) has this idea that they're going to move to Montana and have a farm house. I asked, if she did not know me and I approached the house in SHTF times, if she would accept work from me for any amount of food / water, shelter. She didn't even get that far, she said if she saw me coming and I didn't hit a bear trap, she would kill me with her rifle.

That's not exactly how she said it but her intentions were to either seriously injure or kill me before she even knew my intention. I thought it was kinda messed up but she thinks she can't trust anyone and she was totally satisfied with her answer.
edit on 26-5-2011 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I double posted, don't know how to delete
edit on 26-5-2011 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join