It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to gift my wife for her birthday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi there, am totally confused what to gift or how to surprise my wife, about her she loves surprises.. so thinking what to do.. friends kindly help with possible ideas.
Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Surprise her with a divorce. You're an awesome husband.

Totally kidding.

Where do you live?
Take her on a surprise date, maybe to a show.

I'll S&F this to get you some more responses.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Buy her a crossbow and take her to shoot it

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well it all depends on what your wife likes, doesn't it? Not knowing this, I shall generalise and say you can't go wrong if you buy her shoes.

But for gods sake make sure they are the right size!
edit on 26-5-2011 by Taffygirl because: grammar.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Chocolates, flowers and do all her chores for the day. Sounds like heaven to me

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

let her sleep in the house...
2nd line

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mrs. Lilien has EVERYTHING women like!

maybe that site can help the men out...It's one of my favorite sites..(After ATS of course!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If she's as addicted to soda as I am, get her one of those new soda makers. You can make your own sodas and diet sodas with something less deadly than aspartame.

Or you could surprise her by letting her coming home to a sparkling clean house. That's always a bonus for any woman. Everything from ceiling, to the cracks in the floors, sparkling clean!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A handsome, chiseled-ab'd pool boy wearing a thong. Who cares if you don't have a pool

Kidding!

I dont know about thd actual gift part but I am hoping on my next bday to have my hubs order one of those "edible arrangements" where they use fresh fruit/chocolate bouquets instead of flowers.
Without knowing what she likes, every suggestion is going to be just as generic as your question...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you can...send her to a local spa to be pampered
most women would love to have a few hours of me time

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You can get her what my husband got me.. a ball gag and a kindle with a loaded amazon card. he claims the ball gag was a joke gift, but Im not sure.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
give her an orange, and say, i bought you an orange, i love you

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Really smartbuddy?

How do you think she would feel in knowing that you got her something that someone else told you?

Your the best and only one who should know.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I learned this the hard way over 18 years of marriage & all that time dating her and living together several years. Women love good jewelry. It is personal, it is classy, and when properly chosen it shows you took the time and that you care. Perhaps she favors a certain style or type of jewelry, pieces you see her wear most often. You can get her something in the style she enjoys most. Maybe she likes pieces that have her birthstone. I'm sure you know what she favors.

Get her better quality, tasteful jewelry. Cheap jewelry is poorly made, does not last, and can discolor the skin.

If you are not confident you can pick out something she will like then enlist the help of her sister/Mom/Aunt/friend, someone who knows her well. Let them know your intention, I'll bet dollars to donuts they will be happy to help. And remember, you are shopping to suit her tastes, not your own.

Few things make as nice a gift as tasteful, subtle, elegant high-end jewelry. And if you can't afford better pieces then do what you can, nothing wrong with that sir. Your post alone tells me you are head & shoulders above most husbands.

If your wife is a jewelry enthusiast she will welcome such gifts over & over for the years to come. If this is the case do yourself a favor and buy a book on jewelry making. Read it, keep it handy. You will learn all about the world of jewelry and what all the different names mean. There is a lot of poor jewelry out there and sellers use some impressive names to correctly identify pieces. You will also learn about the components, settings, gems, and metallurgy. This is very important. If you are going to spend good money in a Jewelry Store you really should know what you are talking about, because they do. You won't get taken and you will get the best values. You can buy a used book on jewelry making for cheap on eBay, half.com, sometimes Amazon and abebooks - all are online sellers.

Things to avoid: mall/franchise jewelers, buying pieces advertised heavily on TV, unimaginative pieces that have been done to death like tennis bracelets, pieces that are so severe they will be love it or hate it with no in-between. diamonds are still in with ladies who are seniors but have fallen from fashion with younger women due to the exposure of violence and bloodshed in the diamond mining industry.

Small, local jewelry stores that have been serving their community for many years are a very safe way to go. They are there for the long haul, they want you and your wife to be happy and they depend upon satisfied repeat customers.

Best of luck to you, and Happy Birthday to your beloved.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
buy her special jewllery or provide a romantic date.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taffygirl
Well it all depends on what your wife likes, doesn't it? Not knowing this, I shall generalise and say you can't go wrong if you buy her shoes.

But for gods sake make sure they are the right size!
edit on 26-5-2011 by Taffygirl because: grammar.

If a guy got me shoes, he would be getting divorce papers come his birthday. Same with diamonds. I will never understand why some women love those two things.
Flowers from a guy who has known me more than a few months, would make me feel like he put no thought into the gift, unless they were my favorite kind.

The most meaningful gift is any gift that show my man has been listening to me.

What are her hobbies and interests? Does she enjoy reading? Does she do crafts? Does she like to bake? Decorate the house?

Is there something she has always wanted to do but never had the time or money?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

The most meaningful gift is any gift that show my man has been listening to me.

What are her hobbies and interests? Does she enjoy reading? Does she do crafts? Does she like to bake? Decorate the house?

Is there something she has always wanted to do but never had the time or money?

Listen up smartbuddy to these words above,this is something you shouldn`t need to be told by anyone,as I said in fewer words a few posts up.

new topics

top topics

join