It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII ready to explode in the Caucausus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Russian delegation in S. Ossetia hit by Georgian unit - Kokoshin
MOSCOW. Aug 4 (Interfax) - Russian parliamentarian Andrei Kokoshin's motor entourage was attacked in South Ossetia by a Georgian Interior Ministry unit, the chairman of the State Duma committee on CIS affairs told Interfax on Wednesday.
www.interfax.ru...

Mr Saakashvili, president of Georgia, announced on TV that his forces were ready to sink shipping off Abkhazia.
Russia has peacekeeping forces in the rebel provinces "I earlier ordered... that we should immediately open fire on, and sink, every ship which enters Abkhazia," he said.
Speaking just days after a Georgian patrol boat fired shots at a civilian vessel in the Black Sea, he added that Russian tourists should "pay attention" to his words.
Russia, which has close ties to the Black Sea province, said it would respond to any attack on its citizens with "the necessary rebuff".
The waters have been out of Georgian control for more than a decade.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hardly WWIII stuff. Stalin's homeland has been under Russia's yoke forever and the world won't bat an eye if she strikes back at this provocation.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
Stalin's homeland has been under Russia's yoke forever

Georgia receives now the highest NATO military aid per capita in the world.
In 2003 the US alone gave USD 64 million (official numbers). In 2004 it doubled.
www.rosbaltnews.com...

BTW, I checked a previous thread in ATS about this issue, where the good old pipeline hoax was still being spread. So time to get the facts :
engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Georgia risks war over separatists

www.csmonitor.com...

In the headline they just forgot to tell with who do they risk war ... and at the end, of course the pipeline hoax to justify why would NATO risk war with Russia ...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
At the following site, I read the link "Georgia, when is a friend not a friend".
It fills in a little bit about the situation in Georgia for those of you who don't know anything about it to begin with, as was my case.

www.bilderberg.org...

You can get the facts on concerned nations at the following link.
www.cia.gov...

Now let me see if I got all this straight. Georgia is a NATO aspirant has recieved 70 million in aid from the US, as well as training of over 5000 commandos from US special forces.
Georgia is important to the US because of a pipeline that brings natural gas and oil from Azerbaijan, but Azerbaijan is actually -importing- natural gas, and its proven reserves can only support 10 years of its current consumption? Azerbaijan's proven oil reserves can only support 4 more years of consumption (as of 2002!), and although Azerbaijan can produce 3 times more oil than it consumes, it isn't exporting a single drop at this time.
So -WHY- is the pipeline so important?
I believe this is about a continuous oil network stretching from Pakistan to Turkey. Remember the Afghan pipeline grom Turkmeinistan to Pakistan (I'm pretty sure it was Turkmeinistan anyway)? Well what if that continued through the Caspian to Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey?
If it were my intention to steal and launder Afghan Oil, I would do it by drilling in Afghanistan then sending it down the pipeline to Pakistan and pretending it came from legit drilling in Azerbaijan.

Also, this has the bonus of creating important American interests along almost all of Russia's southern border and in the Black Sea. This is a continuation of the cold war, in which America is creating excuses to go around the world building "walls" to contain Russian influence. The result could eventually be an American monopoly on nation (and puppet) building in Africa and the middle east, making America the only nation in a position to carry out neo-imperialist goals.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The VagabondAlso, this has the bonus of creating important American interests along almost all of Russia's southern border and in the Black Sea. This is a continuation of the cold war, in which America is creating excuses to go around the world building "walls" to contain Russian influence. The result could eventually be an American monopoly on nation (and puppet) building in Africa and the middle east, making America the only nation in a position to carry out neo-imperialist goals.

I think you are right on spot. Georgia has a valuable geographic location. Russia will be squeezed from the south by the US influence there. That's part of the reason they tacitly support the seccessionist movements in Georgia provinces, to get some leverage in this.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
NATO wouldn't dare challenge Russia over Georgia. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Russia has called for convening an immediate UN Security Council meeting following the school hostage-taking crisis.
news.xinhuanet.com...

Keep in mind that Putin knows who is financing this - all you need is to read the monday and tuesday editorals of any major EU media, on the subject of the elections in Chechnya

p1

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is hardly WWIII, but merely a struggle between 2 countries.

WWIII will be the zionists vs. the muslin/islam which is quickly coming.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
WW III started on 11 September 2001. Most people just refuse to accept that fact. Hopefully it will end within my lifetime, but at least in my children's lifetime. I don't recall how long the "crusades" lasted, but that is what it will be like.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey, doesn't the US have special forces troops in Georgia to train the army in counter-insurgency ?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
NATO wouldn't dare challenge Russia over Georgia. Simple as that.

How right you are

But again - this is not even close to WWIII

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
John Titor anynone? :S

TPL

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Russia has several problems in Caucas region.

Chechnya, thorn in the side of Russia for 10 years, and Georgia, which mainly concerns South Ossetia. Both of these problems are coming to the boil at the same time, what will Russia do?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Or maybe better, what will the US do, and what will that cause russia to do?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
airline KrasAir flight flying from Sherm el Sheikh, Egypt to Moscow has been delayed for 2 hours, after the crew and passengers refused to fly out, when the Egyptians put two Chechen women on the plane at the last minute. The crew claimed that the women acted suspiciously and locked themselves in the bathroom as soon as they entered the plane.

The women were forced to leave the plane.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
airline KrasAir flight flying from Sherm el Sheikh, Egypt to Moscow has been delayed for 2 hours, after the crew and passengers refused to fly out, when the Egyptians put two Chechen women on the plane at the last minute. The crew claimed that the women acted suspiciously and locked themselves in the bathroom as soon as they entered the plane.

Do you have any links on that? Would higly appreciate!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
President Vladimir Putin accused the United States of undermining Russia's struggle against terror by meeting with Chechen separatists and rejected calls for a public inquiry into whether authorities mishandled the hostage-taking in Beslan.

Putin told a group of Western policy analysts Monday night that his administration has repeatedly complained about meetings between U.S. officials and representatives of Chechen separatists, but to no avail.

Washington has invariably responded with "we will get back to you" or "we reserve the right to talk with anyone we want," Putin told the group during a wide-ranging policy discussion at his residence outside Moscow, according to CNN's account of the meeting.

"Why don't you meet Osama bin Laden, invite him to Brussels or to the White House and engage in talks, ask him what he wants and give it to him so he leaves you in peace? Why don't you do that?" Putin said, according to The Guardian.

"You find it possible to set some limitations in your dealings with these bastards, so why should we talk to people who are child-killers?" he said, Reuters reported.

Putin's comments shed further light on who he had in mind Saturday when he lashed out at those who assist terrorist efforts to "tear off a big chunk of our country" because they "think that Russia, as one of the greatest nuclear powers of the world, is still a threat, and this threat has to be eliminated." Putin was speaking in a televised address to the nation.

Moscow has criticized a decision by a U.S. court to grant asylum to Ilyas Akhmadov, foreign minister in the rebel government.

Putin reportedly bears a personal grudge against British Prime Minister Tony Blair for a British court's refusal to hand over Akhmad Zakayev, envoy to Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov. Denmark earlier refused to extradite Zakayev as well.

"There's a Yugoslavia variant here," Putin warned, according to notes taken by participant Eileen O'Connor, The Washington Post reported. "It would be difficult to imagine the consequences for the rest of the world. Bear in mind Russia is a nuclear power."

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
September 7, 2004
MOSCOW (AFP) - Russia is prepared to make pre-emptive strikes on "terrorist bases" anywhere in the world, the Interfax news agency cited the country's chief of staff as saying. "With regard to preventive strikes on terrorist bases, we will take any action to eliminate terrorist bases in any region of the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by k33l

Originally posted by MattMarriott

Do you have any links on that? Would higly appreciate!

It was a russian source. Today Michael Reagan wrote about it in WorldNetDaily
www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by MattMarriott]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join