It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thatonedude
reply to post by alphabetaone

There is a BIG difference between a person with multiple accounts and a troll.
Arguing with the same person with three different user names sucks.
Watching banned people reappear just for the sake of disrupting intelligent conversation sucks.
Expecting an unpaid mod to catch every person trying to troll you under different persona's sucks.
People that advocate these things imho suck.

Oh my yes there is,
especially when they are very very good at playing point counter point with themselves against you.
It is mind numbingly frustrating. And yes they are here, I know we cant mention names of other members but you make a very good point, be AWARE.
I have a busy enough brain I cant imagine the slurry that holds that grey matter back from meltdown mode.
Why someone would feel the need to do that here, just doesnt make much sense.

edit on 1-6-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I have made 2 accounts. I didn't like the handle of the first one, made no posts, so I made one out of my intials and birth year to make it simple.

My question is does that make me an account troll?

I hope not, I was hoping to get in good with you guys.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I personally dont think it makes you an account troll, but then who am I ?
I'm just a harmless little ol guy posting his random ramblings in between meals.
I wouldnt be concerned with getting in good with anyone other than yourself, this place is loaded with zombies.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sort of like Sarah Palin and feeding her monster...why the media gives her so, so much attention is beyond me. She is a troll of the biggest kind...feed her ego and the bigger she gets. All thanks to the media. And what is the motive is what I'd like to know...fifteen minutes of fame?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Sort of like Sarah Palin and feeding her monster...why the media gives her so, so much attention is beyond me. She is a troll of the biggest kind...feed her ego and the bigger she gets. All thanks to the media. And what is the motive is what I'd like to know...fifteen minutes of fame?

I've got to admit, that Sarah Palin has a couple of assets that cause me to look more closely at her. However, the unfortunate part is, that in a few years, they will wane and fade

Other than that, I can NOT understand anyone's interest in her OR her "30k per speaking engagement no talent no intellect my best day is on dancingwiththestars" daughter.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
...Other than that, I can NOT understand anyone's interest in her OR her "30k per speaking engagement no talent no intellect my best day is on dancingwiththestars" daughter.

Hell, I'm a Republican (fiscally conservative but socially moderate) and I don't understand what people see in her. People such as Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, etc give us more moderate Republicans a bad name.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by nenothtu

I think there are;
Natural Born Trolls- comes as first nature, an inborn automatic reflex act, like a heart beat, they just troll.
Reflex Stimuli Troll- has a troll topic specialty, natural and conditioned varieties, passionate, myopic.
Gangsta Trolls- travel in pairs or more, they employ the power of gaslighting erosion, a full frontal sustained assault of off topic circular verbal insanity that can curl a beam of light to look like a pigs tail.
Accidental Passion Trolls- either processed the original info wrong or only read the headline and responded, these trolls usually apologize, because it was an accident, something in their real life distracted them prior.

HAHA I love those..Would probably fall into the Accidental Passion Troll type.
Apologise though? Trolls remorse?

Encountered an Iron Troll once..An individual so strange he managed to troll trolls to such a frenzy the internet almost imploded.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yah I know it was more of a metaphor, of course members after awhile have more of a friend feel with people of the same taste, I have been a member of a songwriting and football forums since like 97 thats just how it goes on forums, you got your neutral ones, post wh0res, trolls, backstabbers, and everything else in between. I didn't mean it in a way to where im looking to join a focus group and do internet fist pounds and star each other just because I got a star singing Kumbaya and light a lighter in the air to a Whitesnake ballad for the sake of being cool, but of course I want to have some good buds on here.

I always like friends.

edit on 2-6-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I will admit it. I tend to Troll sometimes.

Typically when I Troll, it is when someone is presenting the following:
- opinion as fact
- making blanket statements or accusations and then telling you that you have the burden of proof to prove them wrong
- not listening to facts laid out before them
- not believing that the Rebecca Black song holds prophecy about coming disasters on Friday when listened to backwards

However, I never Troll when I can not back up my statements with evidence or facts. That way, not only do you get to Troll, but you get to make those who react to it look stupid because you are also right!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981

Yah I know it was more of a metaphor, of course members after awhile have more of a friend feel with people of the same taste, I have been a member of a songwriting and football forums since like 97 thats just how it goes on forums, you got your neutral ones, post wh0res, trolls, backstabbers, and everything else in between. I didn't mean it in a way to where im looking to join a focus group and do internet fist pounds and star each other just because I got a star singing Kumbaya and light a lighter in the air to a Whitesnake ballad for the sake of being cool, but of course I want to have some good buds on here.

I always like friends.

edit on 2-6-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

I know watt eat ease ju mean, sum tines I use to worries I wus no sane the rye thinks in post an thred, but affer seen sew many crazy righting here I try an relax an be more helpful,
ju seem berry nice sew far,
jes ju can be a friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good OP Slayer, and very thought provoking.

I know that I do tend to get passionate about topics in which I have some knowledge, I do try not to let my ego overtake the conversation, although it has been known to happen from time to time and derail the thread.
Would that be considered accidental trolling?
Because of this a while back I added a line to my signature from an old Anthrax song, though I don’t know if it was truly one of their own songs or just one that they had sung from another song writer, anyway it was “I don’t intend to offend, I just offend with my intent.”
This was my subtle way of letting people know that I speak my mind even if it may offend, though my intention on posting is not to offend, but instead to interject my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Perhaps we all to varying degrees have a bit of Multiple personality syndrome within our minds our hearts our souls?
Sometimes we post sober, sometimes intoxicated?
We are evolving spirits , one persons troll post ,should not have them branded?
None of us are 100% right all the time,neither are any of us 100% wrong all of the time.
We all have posted things we are not entirely proud of, but we are expressing ourselves creatively?
The great thing about ATS is there are many ways to be creative here to see other members creativity amongst the cheekiness and wilful trolling.
I believe ATS is a breeding ground for creative output.
We are so lucky, in the eighties you had to join a writers group or be in a band or arts group to have such access to creative minds.
Whatever the terms we give those we disagree with , its all part of the collective subconcious?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

What about Trollsheepledisinfosemos? All mixed bag of one big collosal troll like in the old game Shadow of Collosus ( if you remember that from the ol PS2 days)
You read that huh?

The troll of witch you speak is allowed multiple accounts, they're called mods.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I, unfortunately, have had the displeasure of running into many actual shills, and perhaps even a few disinfo agents, during the past 2 and a half years I've been active on YouTube.......many of whom are either 'Jewish World Order' lie purveyors, or white supremacists, or both..........but not just them, though.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Lol nice thread

Perhaps we can also do a thread dealing with those of use who have been drawin into battle with a troll , all do to temporary insanity ?

We also seem to be seeing various rally groups that will target certain topics and opinions with the only motivator being spite .

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I've been working on a Banner that would be automatically deployed when a questionable member starts losing a debate/discussion and then resorts to randomly and falsely accusing all others of TROLLING.

I doubt I'd be able to get it's use past the MODS though.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eab8c068a988.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Now that's funny !

Maybe if you put " JK " at the very bottom the MOD's just might be ok with it ?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

S&F for you Slayer!, Those pictures made me laugh. Oh no your new Avatar looks like a combination of a troll and a confused sheeple, although we know you are none of the above. I'm liking this thread!

I'm also glad you cleared that up well!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join