It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by BanMePlz
This thread is absurd...

I see no substance or relevance to any discussion at all. Posting a few badly edited photos and defining the word "Troll" is not a very good reason to start a thread.

I'm sure a large percentage of people here know what a troll is.

Either way, it sounds like more "trojan horse-ish" propaganda to me. The OP makes references to people calling other people "sheeple" and denoting that those who call others sheeple are some kind of fool?

Absurdity...

BTW, the whole point is that "people" don't call other people "sheeple", only SHEEPLE call other people "sheeple".

Thats exactly what i am referring to. Its absurd to say that only "sheeple" call others "sheeple". The whole reason people call others "sheeple" is because they are indirectly telling them to wake up to the B.S. that they are buying into.

Period.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

So which group do you belong to?

Disinfo-Agent?

Sheeple?

Troll?

Or are you like the rest of us?

I liked the question Slayer.

Its one I personally find hard to answer all execpt the Agent as that would imply payment/employment.

Over the many years I`ve been a member here I`ve often been u2u`d by good intentioned people warning me about getting into a battle with a known troll (in their opinion)and although I do appreiciate their concern I would rather have an attitude of come what may when they have gone too far.

I`ve never been called a troll a disinfo agent or a sheeple, I`m sure people have at times thought it and being poorly educated for mine would be the reason for that.

What bothers me in life and on the internet are those that gang up on an individual harshly and enjoy it simply because they can,which is one reason why I dont like the star system that they have in place,where the group think in a thread can be used against an individual using stars or toward a certain opinion/belief , where the lone person could and has been right imo that I`ve read in threads,which can infulence others reading the thread.

Which is a reason I dont post as much anymore and stopped completly not long after the star and flag sytem came in for a year or two, for the reason of many of those who I loved to read posted less and less for imo being belittled by lack of stars etc.But this is a system to hook people to post what can generate the most stars as if they mean or are worth something which creates more posts more members and more revenue.Many members will post through observation and popularity on the group think or whats most popular.

So I dont believe that group think or a majority of a certain mind set makes them right simply because they are the majority on the internet or in life.

Anyway Slayer I still liked your OP for the most part and while reading it did wonder whether that pic I posted with the comments I wrote infulenced you in some way to post this.

Good job.

edit on 27-5-2011 by gps777 because: beta grandma

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Indirectly disinforming us about your own devious intentions....nobody would ever suspect you...
I know your game...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz

Thats exactly what i am referring to. Its absurd to say that only "sheeple" call others "sheeple". The whole reason people call others "sheeple" is because they are indirectly telling them to wake up to the B.S. that they are buying into.

Period.

Ah, I see. I stand corrected. Obviously, "truth" and "waking up" exist only in the eye of the beholder, then, regardless of which side of the fence he stands on... otherwise, the very act of falling back on labeling someone else as a "sleeping sheeple" would make the caller a sheeple as well, cheering for his own side without anything to back it up with. If he actually has something to back his contentions up with, then labeling his target a "sheeple" will most certainly cause them to fall more deeply "asleep", from his viewpoint, since they are unlikely to listen to much of anything said after that.

It honestly seems to me that if one has any sort of actual point to get across, it's much better to try to do so without alienating the target. Calling one a "sheeple" probably isn't the best way to ingratiate them to the speaker, and get them to listen to him...

Of course, that's just the way I think. Your mileage may vary. If you'll excuse me now, I have to go chew my cud...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Interesting perspective on the issue

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90bdb0cb264e.jpg[/atsimg]

As a Troll i would say this thread is useless and start arguments and debates that end up being completly off-topic!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c312eb7ba137.jpg[/atsimg]

As a Sheep i would say i agree with you 100% and back up every statement you have!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a043516cf48c.jpg[/atsimg]

As a Disinfo agent i would say this is all junk and there are no such things as trolls or sheep and that you are being paranoid!

In reality i do agree that some people love to cause trouble or inject problems into articles, media and threads. Although at times i dont think it is intentional. All people are different, some like to follow and passively share their opinions without causing trouble or conflict.

Others get off on causing trouble, especially over the internet when people are alone in front of their keyboard. These are the types of people that bottle up everything day by day when dealing with people face to face but as soon as their ID is anonymous they lash out and start conflict, even become abusive. They sleep better at night knowing they caused someone trouble and disrupted a previously constructive conversation!

I like to share my opinions and at times can get very passionate but i can also think objectively and empathetically and see things from another persons perspective and for any troll infestations can i recommend;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f6258b33103b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My favorite is when everything bad is blamed on the "elite" or the agenda of the elite...

Who would think that 99% of the world population are actually all good people?
edit on 27-5-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've been here for years and my problem is the volume of posts with no basis in fact. The vast majority of conspiratorial threads are based on assumption and peoples own interpreation of events. Now there is nothing wrong with interpretation and it is often a good starting point for a theory BUT it has to be followed up with facts or predictions of outcomes. For example "I believe that a+b+c means d is happening", "if d is happening then in situation e the outcome will be f". If "f" does not happen then the theory is wrong, time to move on. What often happens is the failure of "f" is blamed on something else!!!!!!!!! and people still stick with theory "d".

Another thing that happens is people apply blanket assumptions, here's a few

The government ALWAYS lies.
Lack of information indicates a cover-up.
People in power never make mistakes (interpreted as a conspiracy).
All politicians are corrupt.

Here's a few things people have great difficulty in accepting:

The truth can be intensly boring! and doesn't need fanciful explanations.
Most politicians (of ALL political views) ARE honest (NB they can follow a misguided ideology but do so honestly, dishonesty is knowing the ideology has flaws that favours the few and you lie to the many - can be subtle)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I agree with most that you said but this one.

Don't let some people or organizations redirect your interests.

I think that every one has to learn how to analyze things for himself and not to go into conclusion with rush.
it is not right to label some one as a diss-info agent with rush.

may be sometimes we should try to change the fields of interest of our own or our direction.

some day I started this thread : why are you americans so silent ?

does this mean that I am a Intel or diss-info agent ?

NO.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

So which group do you belong to?

I belong to whatever group ATS thinks I belong to lol!

It has to be said (again) that too many people play the troll/shill/disinfo card much in the same way some people play the race card! Usually it is played because someone has a different opinion to theirs or they don't like the tone! bahahahahahah! Just remember calling someone sheeple is as offensive as calling someone they are part of the "Tin Foil Brigade"!

Skepticoverlord sums it up well

Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

Who wants to argue?
edit on 27-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Great thread,
most of my threads are about 911, and I am not surprised to see any of the regular shills posting on this thread topic.
My problem is with the” same members” in the 911 threads who posts every day defending the lies of the OS of 911, I call them shills.
Millions of people use Google every day and every one of these threads can be found under Google search engine.

You cannot allow these shills to railroad a serious topic, especially when you are presenting credible evidence and science to support your side of the argument against one of the world’s biggest conspiracy theories “the official story of 911.” You all must remember it all boils down to who is credible and who is not, when out siders (none members) of ATS are reading our posts from Google search engine.
We are not just waking people up here on ATS; we are waking people up all over the world, something the shills are having a hard time to deal with.

Sometime just ignoring some of these posters is not good enough, especially when some of them are experts in the art of distorting the truth.

edit on 27-5-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Yeah i agree on that in regard to people pulling the 'race card' on certain issues.

I have come across this relating to discussions about Australian immigration policy and that i dont agree with it. Then people come along and say i am racist!!

It's not about the person race, it is about how some people are raised and the countries they were born in (- re; gangs, violence, crime etc....) along with our current infrastructure and property price problems!

Yet because these people have nothing intelligent to add to the topic they simply argue racism!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Yes agreed 100%! The Cronulla riots are a perfect example of what you talk about! All people look at is the riot on the day and not the actions of certain "Middle Eastern people" that led up to those events! If you point that out you labelled a troll straight away! Much in the same way the OP is alluding to!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just the facts mam all we require are the facts.

Det. Joe Friday Dragnet.

Save the faux for somebody else.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

In fact Slayer's post always gives me creeps. I believe he himself is a disinfo agent. I also hate those "as always" comments by other ATSers. Seems to me they are all part of the pact to desensitize the issue.

Am I the only one having this 5th sense?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why focus on the users? How about the owners and admins of all/most of these communities?

Then we get into god complexes, suppression of information, forcing of agendas and bias. I'll leave that for your part2

edit on 27-5-2011 by Jax27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

It has to be said (again) that too many people play the troll/shill/disinfo card much in the same way some people play the race card! Usually it is played because someone has a different opinion to theirs or they don't like the tone!

I've found that the various labels are applied merely to counter one thing or another, without actually having to back anything up.

I am called a "sheeple" if I can see that "truth" doesn't always have to be complex, and decide that Occam's Razor should prevail in one situation or another. It makes me a "sheeple" if I think that a simpler answer covers all the bases where a more complex one doesn't.

I am called a "troll" or a "shill" if I present an argument based on logic that they can't figure out a way to counter in support of their contention.

I am called a "DisInfo agent" most frequently when they feel a need to discredit me or try to shut me up, but haven't got anything real to discredit me with (and fail to realize that they will NEVER shut me up!).

It seems to me that the different labels gravitate towards similar situations, different one from another, and the accusee at least gives enough thought to it to try to strategize their way out, without having to actually put up a counter argument. They at least try to make the label fit the situation at hand, as "appropriate" a counter as they can muster. I see the same applied in the disputes of others.

The thing is, and I've said it dozens of times at ATS, whatever label one cares to apply does NOT change the contents of the package - it only slaps on a different label.

I don't know about others, but I personally HATE it when I open a can labeled "Corned Beef", and find 9/16 hex head bolts inside instead! Proper labels are important, but the contents are MORE important.

Especially at supper time!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Calling people 'Sheeple' is mega weak. Makes me immediately think of fat kids sitting around a Hot Topic talking about how no one understands. If you describe others as 'Sheeple' you should stop, it makes you sound retarded.

Trolling is great fun. Pretty simple. There are lot of stupid people out there and it is enjoyable to push their buttons. AKA poking the bear, except it's not a bear, its a foul smelling basement dweller with a tinfoil hat and dorrito stained moobs.

Dis-Info agents?? If you are truly concerned about something like this, you need to step away from your keyboard, go to K-Mart and hit up a blue light special for a new life. Seriously.

I usually lurk for laugh out loud moments. The difficulty is determining if it is trolling or if people are mentally incontinent and believe what they post. There have been many forehead slaps followed by statements of "That has to be the dumbest thing I have read in my entire life." Invariably, the bar continues to lower.

As for the OP, jury is out. How old are you? When someone says Slayer, what album comes to mind? If you can name the albums that these tracks are from without looking them up, aka cheating, you will have earned respect. No, I cant verify that you didnt cheat, but if you did in your own heart you know you are limp dick.

Name the album the song is from:

Black Magic
Haunting the Chapel
Gemini
Epidemic
Spirit in Black

edit on 27-5-2011 by Slaytanic because: General edit, double word usage.

edit on 27-5-2011 by Slaytanic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i just remembered that zombie sheep movie

its called black sheep check it out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6da9c3a91e7b.jpg[/atsimg]

I am sorry if this comment is too far off topic but this thread was making me laugh pretty good and other than that I had nothing to really add that was as funny or useful. I did however really want to say what an amazing movie that was. It reminded me of seeing "Evil Dead II" for the first time, back when Sam Raimi still took it seriously. It was perfect in all the right ways and not just cheesy to be cheesy or bad like SyFy bad. It was great and according to Fangoria, the animatronic sheep were created by Peter Jackson's special effects shop. It was great.

S + F for the thread too. I see a lot of all these things on here and have already probably been guilty myself. Much of it seems easy to fall into. Almost like they are all contagious to a certain degree.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Gotta take the heat off a little bit huh Slayer?

It's so brave of you to do a self-reflective thread.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So somewhere between all the facts and lies there is a peaceful co-operative place called the truth.
Where greed and fear dont have any paranoia and anger to feed off of.
Where differing views arent threats and perceived imbalances theyre just part of.

I like the question which one are you?
It reminds me of another question.
Builder.
Sustainer.
Destroyer.
Which one are you?

Good observations Mr Slayer69.

Much respect during this Memorial Day.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join