It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
This thread is absurd...

I see no substance or relevance to any discussion at all. Posting a few badly edited photos and defining the word "Troll" is not a very good reason to start a thread.

I'm sure a large percentage of people here know what a troll is.

Either way, it sounds like more "trojan horse-ish" propaganda to me. The OP makes references to people calling other people "sheeple" and denoting that those who call others sheeple are some kind of fool?

Shhhhhhh, you're supposed to just agree with it like all the other sheeple!

Seriously though, I think Slayer just wanted a thread of his he could plug for every time someone calls him out as being a troll or a DoD-paid disinfo agent now, didn't you Slayer? I see you got your old avatar and "on your six" back too. Short hiatus that was.

Anyway at least someone here is putting more thought into the OP than just "yeahh there's no legitimacy to the word sheeple/troll/whatever."

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
what has age got to do with anything?

Yeah, you're probably right. I forget that each age group has a different sense of humor.

Originally posted by B.Morrison
valid point, maybe it should be in the members section of the forum?

If it was moved to the members forum, it wouldn't be on the front page, would it?

Originally posted by paxnatus
Oh for heavens sake sonic, lighten up. I seem to recall you have a finesse for making sure each topic is posted in the right forum. Is it really that big of a deal to you? I mean if you are being serious, why so tight?

You have a good point. Being stingy on these things is getting a bit tiresome. I don't know how the moderators put up with this all day.

Originally posted by paxnatus
Yes, with a little bit of thought, you will see this is exactly where this thread belongs. Try.......let's say, a conspiracy within a conspiracy with like minded who conspire to conspire.

I'm having a bit of trouble determining what the conspiracy of this thread is. If you can enlighten me without speaking in riddles, I would be appreciative.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My trolling center

edit on 26-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Geez! It's so.... NEAT! I expected to see overturned scotch bottles, twinkie wrappers piled up, overflowing ash trays, and a bra hanging off the corner of it!

I was thinking the same EXACT thing!!! And how does SLAYER,find time to inform the masses on ATS,with ALL those games he possesses?

I love trolling SLAYERS threads BTW..........

S&F.......and a Star for you Nenothtu,for thinking the same exact thing!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

If you remove the name "SLAYER69" and replace it with somebody who joined ATS in less than a week, your perspective changes entirely. User status on ATS plays a surprisingly huge role in the success of a thread, although not entirely dependent on it. Some users don't even care what the content of a thread is as long as their favorite user has posted about it and will vehemently attack anybody with an opposing viewpoint. If there's a conspiracy inside of a conspiracy in this thread, it's the fact that those calling others sheeple are simply sheeple themselves.

They just graze a finer grass.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

IMO: You gotta love the comic by Signals.
I didn't picture trolls starting threads, I thought but cracks started all those "baiting" threads, looking for trouble.
Trolls - lurk waiting, looking for a fight, or every oppty to belittle someone, attack or bring someone down but now you mention I can see them starting threads. We also have zealots and evangelists, extremists and political trolls. Political trolls are not here for the back and forth - they are here to push an agenda - period. It is like a 9 to 5 job rather than shooting the breeze with fellow mankind, these boys are workin'.

Sheeple don't even know there is a problem. They are busy grazing, sleeping, puttering, watching Idol. Maybe not all doing all the same thing like real sheep but following the herd mentality and most significantly, Sheeple are getting sheared. They are being divested of value systematically and they work hard to make it up, stay afloat, divested again and make it up and it is such a big picture they do not see how they are being played. On a treadmill, frantically working to exhaustion, going nowhere with all the other sheep. They all think they are advancing but they are doomed to stay on the same level, tricked into believing they are free and they are choosing for themselves.

There is the doomsayer (sky is falling) and the professorial (teacher types, my favorites) and then there are the alarmists. (all caps)
Thats what I think about those but wonder sometimes - What is the difference between a disinfo agent and a debunker? And what is Co -intell?
Technically I'd guess it is the opposite of intelligence...or false information same as disinfo.
I think the debunker is here to find and provide the ordinary earthly explanation for every UFO, ET sighting or photograph or film. Debunkers spread the swamp gas, weather balloon and space ice theories. And dis-informants also spread false information or throw red herrings out.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

If you remove the name "SLAYER69" and replace it with somebody who joined ATS in less than a week, your perspective changes entirely. User status on ATS plays a surprisingly huge role in the success of a thread, although not entirely dependent on it. Some users don't even care what the content of a thread is as long as their favorite user has posted about it and will vehemently attack anybody with an opposing viewpoint. If there's a conspiracy inside of a conspiracy in this thread, it's the fact that those calling others sheeple are simply sheeple themselves.

They just graze a finer grass.

I agree Sonic. I have seen it time and time again.Personally I dont like labels,but for the fun of it I labeled myself a troll today. I think everyone has a right to a viewpoint,however skewed,or ridiculous it is. Thats what makes ATS what it is.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

They apparently feel a need to go after another poster like a Pitbull and all too often the other poster takes the bait. Then there we go again.

It was all good until I got to the end. You sir, have the sheeple mentality regarding pit bulls.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I see no substance or relevance to any discussion at all. Posting a few badly edited photos and defining the word "Troll" is not a very good reason to start a thread. I'm sure a large percentage of people here know what a troll is. Either way, it sounds like more "trojan horse-ish" propaganda to me.

This is in fact the preliminary stages of a much broader agenda. Notice how nicely all the supposed bad people who do bad things are mocked and mimicked with caricatures. Notice how at the end of the opening post you are asked which one of these insidious creatures you are. It's all about building up guilt and paranoia in unwitting subjects.

To the initiate on these boards or the unknowing, one would feel apprehension about being labeled in such a way. So these people will oftentimes start trying to figure out a way to post something in the thread that will cast them in a good light so they will feel accepted. They go back through and make sure what they are about to post isn't trollish or any other label that has been defined by the thread.

Are you like us? Or are you different? The unwitting is molded into whatever the thread orders them to be. Now when the next stage begins shortly, which it will, this thread should be fresh in the mind of those who think its something that should be emulated. You certainly don't want to be called out by the creator of this ATS defining thread so you had better be on board and support whatever it is that is going to be peddled.

You don't want them to think you're not one of them do you? You don't want them to think that you are different do you? Well then abide by the thinly veiled instructions in the thread and you should be fine.

And You...

So which group do you belong to?

Disinfo-Agent?

Sheeple?

Troll?

Or are you like the rest of us? People who surf the Interwebs and enjoy a wide variety of topics and discussions, while respecting others valid opposing opinions when they are offered on topic related posts and replies? I will often star a post/reply even when and if I disagree with the posters views/stance if it is well written or thought out. Also, If it makes me question my beliefs or stance. This is how I learn.

Anyone can label me with whatever they feel defines my posts or style. I'll be watching for the next step to unfold and I'll expose it for what it is. You may have defined this opening piece quite well by mentioning the trojan horse my friend. This is all my opinion and relevant to what I feel this thread actually is so I sorely wanted to share it here.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Great post. S&F.

I never give in to the bait. I have been online for years and have always found blind aggression to be humorous. Nothing more than something I can show my family and friends and state...

"See this is what you get when you don't educate yourself."

I do thank the interwebz for many hours of humor. Aside from that I do enjoy interacting with intelligent people. So BRING IT smart people! Make me think and question the status quo....and more stuff....LoL.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neat?? Did somebody plant a pinhole cam in my old 23?
I empty out my ashtray every year whether it needs it or not,
and my Polk M4's take up too much room; but Alex growls
GOooed through'em. Oh yeah, I'll rinse out the 32oz. mug
THIS week, but my brand of coffee suffers without that
patina of acid and "I Can't Believe It's Not Axle Grease"
inside. The dove gave your avatar a star just on G.P.,
because you scared all the carnivores into next week.

Seriously, when somebody throws a label on me I am
quite flattered, because it would require their detecting a
personality... I am a self-professed InterDolt. This site
never ceases to amaze and often overwhelm me with
the depth and diversity of subject matter, and to post a
reply would require I get my right pinky off the backspace
key. Probably fear of reprisal, criticism, whatever.
But you and Slayer (mandatory F&S!) have ended my
day, it DID suck up till the time I got this far into the thread.
Thanks to you all for the reminder that I can become any
one (or even worse, some alloy of a couple) of the charac-
terized 'types'... and a laugh at myself noticing it. All we
have to do is care too much about the subject sometimes...
I must read on, I WILL NOT rest until all is digested. huah.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
This thread is absurd...

I see no substance or relevance to any discussion at all. Posting a few badly edited photos and defining the word "Troll" is not a very good reason to start a thread.

I'm sure a large percentage of people here know what a troll is.

Either way, it sounds like more "trojan horse-ish" propaganda to me. The OP makes references to people calling other people "sheeple" and denoting that those who call others sheeple are some kind of fool?

Absurdity...

Made you poke YOUR head up and look around, didn't it?

BTW, the whole point is that "people" don't call other people "sheeple", only SHEEPLE call other people "sheeple".

Better duck your head back down before the rest of the trolls and disinfo agents get the range on ya for responding to the propaganda in the Trojan Horse...

edit on 2011/5/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

BTW, the whole point is that "people" don't call other people "sheeple", only SHEEPLE call other people "sheeple".

Then since you just used the word to accuse others, what does that make you? A hypocrite, doesn't it?

For the record I don't like the word either, but as others have pointed out better than I have, this is a "trojan horse" of a thread. You are already simultaneously dismissing the word while using it to criticize others. How much more blatant can you be in your agenda? It's either with you or against you too huh? I pick against.

Better duck your head back down before the rest of the trolls and disinfo agents get the range on ya for responding to the propaganda in the Trojan Horse...

Nah, we're just Trojan horsing the Trojan horse by exposing it as a Trojan horse within the horse itself. You get it yet?

Somebody bring a torch....
edit on 27-5-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Thats what I think about those but wonder sometimes - What is the difference between a disinfo agent and a debunker? And what is Co -intell?

Debunkers use facts and logic to counter an argument that's off the rails. Disinfo agents are allowed to make up facts and logic as they go along (it's in the contract!).

CoIntel is "counter intelligence". It used to be a descriptor for spies that worked against other spies, but when ATS got ahold of it, the meaning morphed to "nefarious government agents who are out to get YOU, specifically". I suppose CoIntelPro is a professional at CoIntel, eh? and while I'm on the subject, "Counter Intelligence" has one of those double meanings that may be fitting either way one uses it, no?

Since I'm a DisInfo Agent, you may or may not want to believe a thing I say. I'm aspiring for a promotion to CoIntelPro, so it might help if you just toe the mark an believe me, OK? Looks good to the bosses when it's evaluation time, y'know?

I've heard the mail service moves the CoIntelPro paychecks a little faster...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Oh my.... you were being serious there, weren't you?

Don't forget to check the closet and under the bed before you go to sleep - disinfo agents and propagandists are EVERYWHERE, and all we want to do is define your thoughts for you, so that you don't have to be bothered with that little task!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Since I'm a DisInfo Agent, you may or may not want to believe a thing I say. I'm aspiring for a promotion to CoIntelPro, so it might help if you just toe the mark an believe me, OK? Looks good to the bosses when it's evaluation time, y'know?

It's funny you should joke about something like this as if it doesn't exist. I'd say it's more relevant today than ever, as our leaders increasingly talk about the internet as if it's a threat to national security.

You do know that the DoD does view the internet as an outlet to spread its policies I assume. It's hardly something to laugh about, and the way you and Slayer are always in pairs I'd sooner believe you were poorly trying to use reverse psychology than take your words at face value. Just saying.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Fantastic thread!!! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Excellent points made. I have to say that I already have (stupidly) taken the bait & was duped by a nasty troll.

I Really, really like the pics too-too funny.

Very informative thread.

S & F for you, Sir Slayer69.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Then since you just used the word to accuse others, what does that make you? A hypocrite, doesn't it?

Probably. I'll put that on my resume, right along with DisInfo Agent, Troll, and Sheeple. It ought to make me a shoe-in for the CoIntelPro gig.

Can I use you as a reference?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Am I a troll?
Am I sheeple (a sherson?)
Am I disinfo?

NEGATIVE

I am a meat popsicle.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

It's funny you should joke about something like this as if it doesn't exist. I'd say it's more relevant today than ever, as our leaders increasingly talk about the internet as if it's a threat to national security.

Of course they exist - it's just that their job description doesn't involve ATS (except those rare occasions when we can ferret out foreign intel agents trying to set policy here), and they are no where NEAR as prevalent as a huge number of posters here would have you believe, even out in the real world, actually DOING what's in their job description!

And yeah, I find that hilarious. Careful - there's one behind every door!

You do know that the DoD does view the internet as an outlet to spread its policies I assume.

Well, uh, YEAH! Who do you think INVENTED the internet? Al Gore? Why should the inventors get less mileage out of it than us poor peon users? Ain't no danger in it if you have your head screwed on right, and can decipher their bunk. If you can do that, you can actually have FUN out of their discomfort at being exposed.

It's hardly something to laugh about,

Au contraire, I beg to differ - but to each his own. That's what makes the world go 'round, isn't it?

and the way you and Slayer are always in pairs

Always? You sure about that?

I'd sooner believe you were poorly trying to use reverse psychology than take your words at face value. Just saying.

Nah, crazy folk don't use psychology at all - we really sort of fear it. To be honest, I'd really rather you DIDN'T take my words at face value, but delve instead for the deeper meanings. S'ok if you don't though. Like I said, to each his own

edit on 2011/5/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well I would say sheeple,dis-info agents and trolls covers about 95% of members on here, because its a conspiracy site you are supposed to agree with everything posted or you are one or all of the above.

The reason I say it covers most of the members is because of the way they react to anyone that gives a plausible explanation to a posted thread, so lets look at a couple of examples.

Alien/ufo threads how many of these get starred and flagged without members even paying any attention to whats actually posted in the OP.
How often do members make statements like this when watching a supposed (low def youtube) ufo video.

Its obvious its a ufo its flying at x thousand feet and traveling way faster than a normal aircraft.

Now if you point out to the person posting that claim that they have no point of reference to work out speed or height all of a sudden you are a dis-info agent a troll a sheeple or all of the above, when its obvious that they are sheeple because they agree without thinking, they are a dis-info agent because they are given false info they cant back up and they troll anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I will use this thread here as an example of members not bothering to read the OP or the links given and not reading other posts on a thread.

Have a look at this thread and read through the posts.

Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is how the picture was done!!

The picture was made with the Canon 5D mark II and a 400mm-lens. It consists of 1,665 full format pictures with 21.4 mega pixel, which was recorded by a photo-robot in 172 minutes Then converting of 102 GB raw Data by a computer with a main memory cache of 48 GB and 16 processors took 94 hours.

The photo robot is a hi tech tripod attachment to take pictures automatically between a set area that you set up.

The link was in the OP but not that most posters bothered to read it.

No what members saw was a super new photo technology and why was NASA not using this, it was the ultimate big brother tech etc etc

What it shows was a fine example of sheeple,dis-info agents and probably later trolls.

All the info was available but did most members bother to read and find out how it was done NO!!!

Many pages in people are still posting stupid comments re this picture about big brother tech, NASA etc.

It may be a conspiracy site but just because it is doesn't mean every post is real about 99.999% will have a mundane answer and are not what members want or hope them to be. It's the other 0.001% we should ALL be interested in.

Remember DENY IGNORANCE.

Here is another fine example of people not reading or looking for clues in the OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 27-5-2011 by wmd_2008 because: NEW LINK ADDED

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join