It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interweb Trolls, Sheeple, Disinfo Agents and You?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So if I point out that trolling is a term that refers to hunting and catching, as fishermen who "troll" in their "trollers" for fish, and not related to the noun "troll" that evokes and image of Maurice Sendaks creatures in the book "where the wild things are" sitting around on computers...does that mean I am putting out "disInformation" because I am pointing out the actual meaning of the word and it disagree's with the mainstream view here?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by SLAYER69

Is this third generation Slayer? It looks like you've done some more work on it since the last time I saw it.

I play around on Photoshop from time to time while I'm dodging people accusing me of trolling.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The fact that this is in the Conspiracy Forum instead of the Jokes, Puns, and Pranks Forum is a troll in itself. The types of images SLAYER69 has used also shows what general age group he belongs to considering how outdated they are.

How is this conspiracy related? Or is the sheer point of me bringing up this fact a rabbit hole trap where I'm accused of trolling simply for asking?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've been called just about every name in the book. At first, it pissed me off, but now I just take it in stride.

All it is ..is a bunch of useless words. Words that resolve nothing and adds little to the issues at hand.

I'm here to listen to all sides of an issue. Doesn't mean I have to agree with all sides.

Just gotten old arguing over basically the same old issues.

Call me names if you like. troll, disinfo, etc.. no big deal

I sleep well..

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Flag #70 was me , and star 42 also, Great Insight , well needed thread , lets get back to what we are all all about,
Asking questions , and pushing the limits of informative reporting , and debate !

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes, these are just names, however the rub is that people get labeled with this AND additionally get banned, after being labeled as such by someones estimation of what is disinformation or trolling etc.

The point of my post above was just that, it's semantics and very subjective as to who or what is a troll or who or what is spewing disinformation. The very nature of this board invites the very things they loathe by definition, who decides that someone is a troll, or that someones information is disinformation, as apposed to the truth? Is that even possible on a board like this?
edit on 26-5-2011 by TheArchaeologist because: added on to main paragraph

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

In all honesty, though, I'm a troll. I troll the trolls.

ah sir! then might i suggest you and i belong
to the Lunartik school of trolling?

a special category as it were,
a few steps beneath being a Sacred Fool.

Originally posted by Lunartik

Just remember folks:-

A troll is someone who disagrees with what you post.
A troll will point out your stupidity and bigotry.
Dont worry though. If you have been found lacking upstairs, you can always report them. ITS A TROLL.
THEY MADE ME LOOK STUPID.
oh yuk ughoo, ( in the voice of Pluto) I am stupid.
nevermind. The internetz is here to defend the rights of the mentally retarded.
POST BANNED>

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I play around on Photoshop from time to time while I'm dodging people accusing me of trolling.

By any chance, do you have a Long Form PDF to prove that? Preferably one with only one layer so we know it's genuine? Otherwise I'm calling BS that you have ever used Photoshop.
edit on 26-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

perhaps those are like a bad smell?

eventually you get so used to them you stop smelling them

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
My trolling center

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95886d785393.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 26-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9513c8074d15.gif[/atsimg]

Oh and one more thing...poke one and you poke them all!
kinda like a bee hive.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/866d6e90e942.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by nenothtu

As per the recomendations of Lord Neno

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a093aecaa70c.jpg[/atsimg]

Hail Slayer

Lord Neno? I kinda like that! Mind if I use it? Frequently?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Perhaps this has been said, but what drives me buggy is a poster whom has a very strong OPINION and tries to pass it off as FACT. The same goes for someone who launches a personal attack against another's opinion and starts telling them to "prove it", or says "You are wrong". Geez............

Why is it usually a "newbie" that accuses a long time member of trolling?

Thanks Slay, I feel better already!

Cheers,
Pax

S&F because you are right on time with this thread!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yrsal

WTH?, How many of you routinely surf ATS naked?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf50a48fe379.gif[/atsimg]Now that has to be some sort of conspiracy..

Pants ownership is for those with aspirations to actually leave the house.

Dressing gowns ftw

Leave the house? Oh, no! there's a WORLD out there! It's chock full of scary people! I ain't leaving the house fer NOTHING! I tried it once, about 30 years ago, and promptly got beat up for my lunch money. Nossir, I ain't budging!

What's a "dressing gown"? 'Tis no' a towel wrapped around me waist, hit's a KILT!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Daddy Bare, this is brilliant!!!! Thank you for your originality!

Pax

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

First off, how does one get a job being a dis-info agent anyway?

You have to be constructed as a bot at Langley.

Has anyone ever met one in person? Or perhaps has one as a friend?

Disinfo Agents don't have friends. the corollary is that "friends don't let friends become disinfo agents".

Does anyone know what the pay is like?

The pay sucks. I've been doing this for decades, and haven't seen the first check yet. I called last month, and "they" said it was still in the mail, so I'm hoping.... any day now.... and I keep on plodding along.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

My trolling center

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95886d785393.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 26-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Time to upgrade that monitor to a 23" wide screen Slayer. I recommend Samsung. A true trolling and Photoshop monitor.

Although some folks like the older 4:3 aspect ratio better. You may be one of those.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
The fact that this is in the Conspiracy Forum instead of the Jokes, Puns, and Pranks Forum is a troll in itself. The types of images SLAYER69 has used also shows what general age group he belongs to considering how outdated they are.

How is this conspiracy related? Or is the sheer point of me bringing up this fact a rabbit hole trap where I'm accused of trolling simply for asking?

WHAT? You can't spot the conspiracy here, even with the words "General Conspiracy" in great big letters across the top of each page?

Recommendation: No FEMA camps for this one. They'll do just fine in the general flock... err, I meant "general population"!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Sheeple?

The word used to bug the hell outta me round here....now it's a quick way to ID the dopes on ATS. Chemtrailers and FEMA Campers use it like it's a 'kill-shot' argument.

'You're a sheeple' is like a code for 'I'm an idiot who can't back up my posts.'

They might as well wave a white flag

LMAO! Very well said my friend!

IRM

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Call me names if you like. troll, disinfo, etc.. no big deal

I sleep well..

Wow, Jam! That may be the first time I've ever seen a Sheeple trolling and using disinfo as bait!

Did I hit all the high spots?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join